Official NYC spring meet 2012 impression thread
Jun 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #76 of 121
Quote:
Not sure when the next meet will be but I'll hopefully make that one.  Looking forward to more pics and impressions, if you guys have anything left in the tank.

Whoa Erik! Is this a not-so-subtle way of saying that you are not hosting the Fall meet in White Plains this year? What sort of horrible trend have I started? 
confused_face.gif

If the NJ group doesn't want to host it, I can offer to host the Fall meet at the Adria in Queens. I would need to know to lock in the date in before the first sub-32° day.

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #77 of 121
Quote:
The Thunderpants are definitely an acquired taste. In fact I'd say most people who tried mine at the meet didn't really like what they were hearing or they thought they were ok. Some music they work perfectly, other music the bass overtakes the rest of the music.

That's exactly the problem. If you looking for tighter punchier bass try T70

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #78 of 121
Quote:
So you ever make that decision about which headphone setup you wanted? I'm interested to know what you decide. It was fun meeting you and when you finish getting whatever you decide on I would love to meet up and take a listen, and I'd bring some of my gear too.

Since i came back home from meet searching for a great deal on T70p since on Amazon and around they are way more than $400 while T70 cost a litle less than $400

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #79 of 121
Tyill got interviews up on the Inner Fidelity channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/InnerFidelity?feature=mhee

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #80 of 121
Quote:

Whoa Erik! Is this a not-so-subtle way of saying that you are not hosting the Fall meet in White Plains this year? What sort of horrible trend have I started? 
confused_face.gif

If the NJ group doesn't want to host it, I can offer to host the Fall meet at the Adria in Queens. I would need to know to lock in the date in before the first sub-32° day.

It will be great. I missed last fall NYC meet cause wasn't monitoring this section of forum frequently enough but hope i wouldn't be forced to skip next one cause it hosted somewhere where you can reach by car only

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #81 of 121
I know me and my friends would be interested in a NJ meet.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #82 of 121
Quote:
Come on guys we need more impressions!

Hey guys,   

Meant to write sooner.  First, thanks to the whole NY crew (especially to Tom and others who helped put this together) for making my first meet up a really cool experience.  Made me wonder why I haven’t done this sooner, and I look forward to the next one.  

At the risk of sounding a bit corny, you guys really have something special going on in this community, and I’m glad to slowly become a part of it.  It was a pleasure speaking with virtually every person I met on Saturday.  The venders I came across in my time there couldn’t have been more friendly or engaging (especially Dan, Pete and Jack).  And when I mentioned to Tom (Bozebuttons) that I might have a repair job for my portable FA Mystify amp, he made a B-line out the door to grab Steve (SiBurning) and Bob, who literally stopped their pipe smoking mid-inhale and headed in to take a look (thanks so much again for your time, guys)!   

My dad (unfamiliar with head-fi) happened to be passing through on his way out east and stopped by for an hour or so.  Needless to say, he was blown away, and mirrored the same sentiments as above.

I'll let the more experienced folks give any further impressions on all of the gear we saw.  Jeez...I almost felt like it was a bit of a privilege to even wear the Stax phones and look at Jack's WA234’s, let alone listen to them.  Haha!   But an interesting piece of gear for me was the new T90 from the Beyer table for the price of ~$675 (?).  The room noise cooperated – at least for a couple of tracks – and I was left with a solid first impression.  I look forward to hearing them again under quieter circumstances, but pending that, I think I would def. consider them in the running for my next jump up in an open can (from the Q701’s).  Very curious to hear others’ thoughts, good or bad.  Anyone else get to spend a few minutes with them?  

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #83 of 121
Unfortunately, that repair job is extremely difficult because the traces on the circuit board were lifted. If anyone's interested in reading about serious PCB repair, check out this guidebook:

http://www.circuitmedic.com/guides/guides.shtml

Specifically, this repair would require removing some coatings (section 2) and possibly some conductor repair (section 4), maybe even an inner layer (4.2.6). Fancy stuff.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #85 of 121
Quote:
Always cool hanging out with you Tyll,you skipped out without saying goodbye.
Looking forward to your post in Innerfidelity.

I thought I said goodbye and thanks to you ... well, by day four in NY I was pretty fried. 

InnerFidelity meet post is up.

Thanks again one and all.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #86 of 121

Users who are viewing this thread

Back