Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
May 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #136 of 665
Quote:

Aww see, you gotta tell us that ahead of time... we play with live ammo around here! 
biggrin.gif

I'm totally down to flash the sign, OR give a shout-out to all Head-Fiers in the house at the headphone panel.

What would be a good cue, and should we all do the sign (seems pretty dope in my mind when I see us all standing,
flashing the sign)

- though the old gaurd may think it silly - but who gives a s-- what they think anyway!! - Tyll would
find it funny I think - as would Alex and Michael Goodman, and even George (Cardas)!!

So - how do we plan this??

Also: I HATE to take away from the official regional meet in this thread!
I'm also totally psyched for the regional meet!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like I'll be getting the ALO Studio Six amplifier after T.H.E Show for review!
I'd LOVE to bring it to the regional meet.

I'll get w/ Third Eye and ask what the protocol is for bringing gear - I'll need a table for that thing!
I'm thinking about bringing the ALO Studio Six, my E.A.R HP4, Audeze LCD3's and Sennheiser HD800's.
That would be FUN

May 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #137 of 665
Quote:
I'm totally down to flash the sign, OR give a shout-out to all Head-Fiers in the house at the headphone panel.

What would be a good cue, and should we all do the sign (seems pretty dope in my mind when I see us all standing,
flashing the sign)

- though the old gaurd may think it silly - but who gives a s-- what they think anyway!! - Tyll would
find it funny I think - as would Alex and Michael Goodman, and even George (Cardas)!!

So - how do we plan this??

Also: I HATE to take away from the official regional meet in this thread!
I'm also totally psyched for the regional meet!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like I'll be getting the ALO Studio Six amplifier after T.H.E Show for review!
I'd LOVE to bring it to the regional meet.

I'll get w/ Third Eye and ask what the protocol is for bringing gear - I'll need a table for that thing!
I'm thinking about bringing the ALO Studio Six, my E.A.R HP4, Audeze LCD3's and Sennheiser HD800's.
That would be FUN

Definitely bring your gear to the meet! There will be plenty of tables available and and I will confirm exact needs with everyone prior to the meet so space is assigned.

May 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #138 of 665
Quote:

Definitely bring your gear to the meet! There will be plenty of tables available and and I will confirm exact needs with everyone prior to the meet so space is assigned.

AWESOME

I gotta figure out what to bring exactly!
We're moving on July 31st.  So I'll have to keep the stuff outta boxes.

NICE

May 29, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #139 of 665
If possible, I would like. A table next to other electrostatics, including Milo's, frank Cooter and DIY'lfers.
Also, it would be nice to have a "sell your stuff" corner or bulletin board.. I bet several people would find it interesting.

May 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #141 of 665
I'm also in, if I'm not too late. I don't have any gear to bring aside from my Alessandro Ms-1is. I am very interested in trying out various sets of headphones and equipment.

Thanks!

May 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #142 of 665
I can't believe I'm gonna get to live with the ALO Studio Six after T.H.E Show this weekend!

PSYCHED to bring that 
  1. third_eye!!

I'll touch base w/ you after this weekend to see how it works when you bring gear!

I LOVE that about the regional meets!!

May 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #144 of 665
Quote:
I can't believe I'm gonna get to live with the ALO Studio Six after T.H.E Show this weekend!

PSYCHED to bring that 
  1. third_eye!!

I'll touch base w/ you after this weekend to see how it works when you bring gear!

I LOVE that about the regional meets!!

AWESOME!!! Really looking forward to hearing that beast!! Yes, let's touch base after this weekend. 

May 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #145 of 665
Going to "the show" this weekend, but I really am going to try my hardest to make it out to this meeting as well. I just wish it was a tad bit closer to Orange County.

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #148 of 665
No Dan, you cannot just take it back! 
mad.gif
  What's that you were going to say? 
confused.gif
  You're gonna be offering a 25% off special for the meet? 
eek.gif
  Why yes, thank you! 
smile.gif
  That would be lovely! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #149 of 665
ATTN:  ALL OF YOU CONSIDERING GOING TO YOUR FIRST MEET!

While the idea of a meet might seem odd to you, I can assure you that it will be a rewarding experience.  I was in your place not too long ago, and I can tell you that there's no reason to be apprehensive.  There's going to be a whole bunch of nice guys (even if they're a bit brusque online) that are paying to be there - just so that they can share their gear and knowledge with you.

No one is going to stalk you.  No one is going to hurt you (as long as you don't break their stuff).  And no one is going to be mean to you.  You know how you love music, and you really want to find some good headphones and stuff to bring you closer to your music?  That's what a meet is full of.  That.  That thing that all your other friends and family think you're weird for.

So if you're sitting on the fence... wondering if you should go... then the answer to your question is "yes, go, and be happy." 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back