Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #46 of 173
Use a decent tag editor like mp3tag. The issue is actually itunes itself (plus wherever you sourced your files from). Chances are that they have multiple genre options include the way they have been tagged. Vs evert with X11 is to reduce thus to a single genre tag option.

I don't think the issue is actually iTunes.  It's often Gracenote CDDB that creates tag problems by what it returns when a track is ripped from CD.

In iTunes 12.1 (which is confusing and frustrating in and of itself) you can enable the column browser under [View]-->[Column Browser] (or by pressing command+B.)  I've found the Column Browser in iTunes to be a remarkable tool when fixing tags on tracks.  Genre is especially easy to fix as it is a default column in the column browser.  Select a genre you don't agree with and correct it (command+i), highlight tracks that don't have a genre right click and "get info" (again command+i) to update them en masse.  It's pretty slick actually.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #47 of 173
Has anyone else that has updated to the new firmware experienced random stops when listening to their music?  I have my key-lock settings set to Lockscreen 3:

I'm using headphones that allow you to start and stop the player with one touch button...  However, I'm not touching that button at all.  The player just suddenly stops playing.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #48 of 173
It's in your pocket?

Feb 13, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #49 of 173
Nope.  It was on my desk.  I wasn't even touching it.  Anyway, I played if for awhile afterward and it didn't do it again.  I'll keep an eye on it...  I don't THINK it was anything I did... but maybe it's my headphones being flaky and accidentally stopping the X1.  No matter.  If no one else has that issue... I'd say it isn't an issue.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #50 of 173
Nope.  It was on my desk.  I wasn't even touching it.  Anyway, I played if for awhile afterward and it didn't do it again.  I'll keep an eye on it...  I don't THINK it was anything I did... but maybe it's my headphones being flaky and accidentally stopping the X1.  No matter.  If no one else has that issue... I'd say it isn't an issue.

For some headsets, the button detection can be a bit flaky on the X1. If you continue to experience this issue you can try disabling the inline remote feature in the settings on the X1 and see if that's the culprit.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #51 of 173
I'm trying to update my media lib after installing 1.22b and it gets up to around 700-800 files before it hangs/white screens on me. It works fine with firmware 1.1.

I'm looking over the forum threads but didn't find anything much about hanging during the media lib update. Has anyone else run into this before, please?

This used to happen to quite a few people on older firmwares on the X3 or X5, was pretty much eliminated by X1 1.1. If you are having this issue with the X1 on 1.22 I would indeed recommend sticking to 1.1 while I signal the firmware guys about this problem returning, hopefully the bug will be squashed on the next release. The alternative would be for you to fish out the album / song that is tripping up the X1 on 1.22 and fix its tags. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #52 of 173

Out of curiosity have you explored the key-lock settings in [Setttings]-->[Key-Lock-settings]?

You can choose to enable the skip buttons when the unit is locked.  That should enable you to do what you need to do.

Cheers.

-A

Maybe you did not understand me. I need functionality for jumping to next/prev FOLDER by physical keys pressing in lock state (volume keys SUPERLONG pressing for example). Such parameters do not exist in [Setttings]-->[Key-Lock-settings]

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #53 of 173
Thanks, Joe! I'm back on 1.1 and will try the next firmware after 1.22b. Finding the errant song that's causing the library update to choke will be painful - there's nearly 2,000 songs in there and nothing is jumping out at me as broken. :frowning2:

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #54 of 173
Adara - if you want to locate the track - split your library in half, and then keep splitting it.  So load half your tracks - if the error occurs, half them, and reload again.  Eventually you'll get to the track(s) that are causing the errors.  Better in the long run to find them if you can.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #55 of 173

Maybe you did not understand me. I need functionality for jumping to next/prev FOLDER by physical keys pressing in lock state (volume keys SUPERLONG pressing for example). Such parameters do not exist in [Setttings]-->[Key-Lock-settings]

Yeah, you're right.  Probably didn't understand you.  Sorry 'bout that.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #56 of 173
Will there be an upcoming option to disable the next/previous track when holding the volume keys when the screen is locked? When used on the go I change volume often due to environmental factors, and consequently find myself mistakenly skipping tracks.

My only other request would be to be able to change volume through the wheel when on the now playing screen .This seems to bethe intuitive response you would expect on this screen rather than the wheel taking you back to the playlist.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #57 of 173
  My only other request would be to be able to change volume through the wheel when on the now playing screen .This seems to bethe intuitive response you would expect on this screen rather than the wheel taking you back to the playlist.

Press and hold the wheel button.  After a couple of seconds it switches to volume control. This has been default action for some time now 
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #59 of 173
Installed this without any issues.
Would like to see a fix for multiple CD albums though.
I have albums with the tags all correct including disk number and it's bunched all the same track numbers together.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #60 of 173
Thanks, Brooko! Yep, a binary search was what I was planning to do. Still not looking forward to how many iterations it'll take but it'll much better than anything else. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back