Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
Aug 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #436 of 727
Fingers crossed the Sparrow's back on its way
smile.gif

Still no word from Audio-gd though
confused.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #439 of 727
thinking about getting one of these to use with my jh-13s, because i have recently decided to be fiscally responsible and wait a while to get my jh-3a's, but i already sold my protector and dac19mk3. so now im looking for something to use for the 6months to a year. 

I saw AVU, you said you're using your sparrow with your 13's, what do you think of it? have you compared it with any other amps?

i am really excited to finally be able to try out a ACSS amp though 
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #440 of 727
Just ordered version A with the WM8741. I asked kingwa about the AD1852 since haloxt said that it was more detailed than the WM8740, and he replied that he made it that way on purpose so that users would have option for detailed or warm. But as of July 1st, you can get the WM8740/1 both in the detailed dynamic version. so i went ahead and just got the WM8741. and had him lower the gain to 3dB for the JH-13's, but i asked him if he could put a 1/8th inch jack on the front so i wouldnt need an adaptor, but he said the hole was to big.

cant wait to hear my 13's on the ACSS amp.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #441 of 727
How do you set it to work in windows xp, via usb? Do i just have to plug the usb cable and headphones to the amp, and it will work?
As a friend of mine just got it, and tried connecting his active speakers to the headphone out (with an adapter from jack to rca), and he says he hears a buzz and no sound.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #442 of 727
The buzz is probably ground-loop hum.  He might try plugging something into a different power point to see if the buzz goes away.  Also, what kind of input do the active speakers have?

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #444 of 727

Quote:
How do you set it to work in windows xp, via usb? Do i just have to plug the usb cable and headphones to the amp, and it will work?
As a friend of mine just got it, and tried connecting his active speakers to the headphone out (with an adapter from jack to rca), and he says he hears a buzz and no sound.

mine works well with my active speakers and i hear no buzz. I use vista and usb. Just plug and play. As for using it to preamp to a dedicated amp, I never tried myself as I don't have a dedicate amp:). But according to their website and Kingwa's email, I'd imagine it will be the same as output it to active speakers.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #446 of 727
mad.gif
Still not in the post, however, this is nothing to do with Audio-gd. My problem seems to have been escalated to Kingwa, who has confirmed they will cover costs if I sort it out. So, a fair result (next best outcome) in the end, though it's taken some time, or at least to-ing and fro-ing to get there. It will be a relief to finally have it: fingers crossed there are no further issues.

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #447 of 727

Quote:
mad.gif
Still not in the post, however, this is nothing to do with Audio-gd. My problem seems to have been escalated to Kingwa, who has confirmed they will cover costs if I sort it out. So, a fair result (next best outcome) in the end, though it's taken some time, or at least to-ing and fro-ing to get there. It will be a relief to finally have it: fingers crossed there are no further issues.

good to hear that at least they had an acceptable solution for your issue. hope you will have your new toy soon:)

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #448 of 727

Quote:
good to hear that at least they had an acceptable solution for your issue. hope you will have your new toy soon:) 

I won't deny it's been a frustrating process but I thought it only fair to redress the balance once the promise of reimbursement was made.

Aug 6, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #449 of 727

Quote:
mine works well with my active speakers and i hear no buzz. I use vista and usb. Just plug and play. As for using it to preamp to a dedicated amp, I never tried myself as I don't have a dedicate amp:). But according to their website and Kingwa's email, I'd imagine it will be the same as output it to active speakers.

Has anyone compared the fun dac only output to a power amp or active speakers, vs. the sparrow headphone out to a power amp or active speakers? Wich one is better?
Maybe in the future i'll buy a valve amp, and wonder how well the sparrow can be as a dac out via the headphone connector.

Aug 6, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #450 of 727

Quote:

Has anyone compared the fun dac only output to a power amp or active speakers, vs. the sparrow headphone out to a power amp or active speakers? Wich one is better?
Maybe in the future i'll buy a valve amp, and wonder how well the sparrow can be as a dac out via the headphone connector.

If using it with a dedicated amp, I'd say go with the Fun. I never heard the Fun, so I can't comment on the sound, but your setup will look tidier as you can use the RCA output at the back of the Fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back