Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
Jul 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #376 of 727
Quote:
I am trying to get a pair of DT880 and deciding between the 250ohm version and the 600ohm version. Of course, the 600ohm is a better phone, but will my Sparrow be able to drive them well? cuz if not, I think I'd be better getting the 250ohm version.

Thanks

Lee

Same thing with me, but i want the DT 990 instead. Haloxt said people with compass were able to drive the beyers, so sparrow would be almost the same, or the same thing. Anyway, i hope someone with a sparrow and any 600 ohm beyer can give some info here :D

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #377 of 727
When I studied overseas, I started with a Headroom Micro + HD595 but eventually scaled down to IEMs only. I just couldn't justify bringing a big pack of headphones and hifi gear whenever I switched dorms, and life was super-social anyways so I didn't need personal music unless on the streets, plus my hair had to look good just in case some chick dropped by. 

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #379 of 727
Not Sparrow specific, just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about ordering. I have emailed Audio-gd but I think something's getting lost in translation.

Are both DHL and EMS currently available? I tried asking for a quote with DHL but got given EMS...

Has anyone been sent an invoice through paypal, at which point you've paid, or do you always send money then get a receipt?

Does Audio-gd usually put the actual price on the shipping invoice (for customs) or, er, not?

Hopefully getting one soon
atsmile.gif
but I am struggling for prompt responses atm :frowning2:

No idea what headphone smiley I picked there but we should have amp smilies too.

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #380 of 727
You usually just send them an e-mail detailing them everything you want. Then they total it up on their end and give you a quote. You then send the payment to their paypal account and they start building it. You can specify which shipping service you want, EMS or DHL. If they gave you a quote with EMS, just send them an e-mail again saying you want DHL and they'll give you the revised amount

Jul 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #381 of 727
Turns out both shipping options are available but Audio-gd thinks DHL is much more likely to add customs charges. I don't know how they're going to label it :wink:

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #383 of 727
Same here, was valued as $50 on the paperwork. They will drive the 600ohm DT880/DT990 very well I think, based on how well it drives my DT 990 250ohm. I only ever have the volume at about 40% on the amp itself, at 100% I can use the cans as speakers (suprisingly, -very- clear and no distortion at this volume). Since the 600ohm DT 880/990 are not that much harder to drive, I can't see it being a problem.

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #384 of 727
Hey guys, i've just posted on the fun thread what kingwa replied me. If i understood correctly, the sparrow is like the fun with the earth opamp. Here's what he said:

Sparrow is like the FUN install the OPA-EARTH,but FUN can install the OPA-MOON,and OPA-SUN too,and FUN is more functions than the Sparrow.
Best Regards
Edwin

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #386 of 727
Quote:
Hey guys, i've just posted on the fun thread what kingwa replied me. If i understood correctly, the sparrow is like the fun with the earth opamp. Here's what he said:

Sparrow is like the FUN install the OPA-EARTH,but FUN can install the OPA-MOON,and OPA-SUN too,and FUN is more functions than the Sparrow.
Best Regards
Edwin

thats good to know. cuz people have been raving so much about the FUN with Earth op-amp. IIRC, the Earth was the most neutral sounding with good bass response

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #387 of 727

Quote:
thats good to know. cuz people have been raving so much about the FUN with Earth op-amp. IIRC, the Earth was the most neutral sounding with good bass response

The SUN and MOON can be interesting, but over the long run, most come back to the Earth.  It's kinda like Cotton Candy, you can't eat it everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back