Official Audio-gd Sparrow thread
Apr 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #16 of 727
he's the leonardo davinci of audio. he can't go three months without upgrading, updating, discontinuing, introducing, etc. a new product.
just like the great unfinished paintings of davinci, audio-gd moves on because kingwa is restless and gets bored. hehehe.
icon10.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #18 of 727
For the love of-
LAWL

popcorn.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 727
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With USB = $225. Without USB = $125.

Oh well, he only took a year or so to come up with the device at the price point we originally intended when we asked him about making what became the Compass.
icon10.gif

I don't think the portable amp makers should be scared, just yet, unless he starts making SMD-based gear.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #22 of 727
I think a transporatble amp like this makes perfect sense, its perfect for people that can listen to music at work, and want something better than an actual portable. I think it looks downright gorgeous. And its discrete (looks wise, not speaking about the actual electronics) I'd buy it if I could use it.

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #23 of 727
I remember someone saying he wanted to lug a compass back and forth between home and work. This product would've been more suitable
tongue.gif

I won't be receiving the test sparrow this month, so no early impressions from me. My impressions may likely be inaccurate though because my brain must be mush and I don't have high impedance headphones. At the moment I'm slackjawed at the sound of my recently ereceived used cowon q5w mp3 player, even after so long of listening to neutral gear
tongue.gif
. Obviously I like colored sound signature.

Apr 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 727
Quote:

Originally Posted by arcer63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a transporatble amp like this makes perfect sense, its perfect for people that can listen to music at work, and want something better than an actual portable. I think it looks downright gorgeous. And its discrete (looks wise, not speaking about the actual electronics) I'd buy it if I could use it.

Only if it sounds considerably better than a D10 (or similar) which is truly portable and sounds great.
Edit- Hey Kingwa, send me a Sparrow and I'll let you know how it compares
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #25 of 727
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With USB = $225. Without USB = $125.
Very reasonable.
But without a battery it's pointless. He's got plenty of desktop amps already.
DC done right will sound better than AC anyway.

RCA socket
Version A Custom order plate 24K gold

Basic Version Normal

this small one can put next me on the nightstand.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #27 of 727
He should offer one to HeadphoneAddict, as he has probably the most experience with portable and semi-portable amps.

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #28 of 727
Quote:

Originally Posted by arcer63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this and maybe a ZuneHD with the dock (optical digital out) would make a killer bedside/office companion.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #29 of 727
first-time poster here. Am thinking of getting the audio-gd sparrow along with an akg k702 to listen to music from my PC. (I'm on a $500 budget sadly) I know no one may have tested the sparrow yet, but can anyone give me an idea of how the sparrow would compare specification-wise to a similarly-priced 2009 version of the fubar III ?

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #30 of 727
Well I admit to being a little biased towards AGD gear given my experience with them but I would be wildly shocked and amazed if the Fubar III sounded better than the Version A Sparrow (same price), even without the the tweaking advantage the Sparrow gives you.
Just check what each provides in the way of componentry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back