Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #256 of 298
For those that didn't give out their email.

Pendulumic is currently running a headfi meet special on the Stance S1 wireless headset.

$179 total for US from a normal price of $204.

Check it out
http://pendulumic.com/shop/

The special price is at the very bottom of that drop down menu.

Has this already been posted?

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #257 of 298
ooh the Pendulumic special. i showed mine to a friend and she loved them. Ill be sure to let her know! Out of curiousity who was taking pictures of all the raffle winners? i have checked all the flikr links :frowning2: i found myeslf in a few :p but i want to make memores of the meet last! :D

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #258 of 298
For those that didn't give out their email.

Pendulumic is currently running a headfi meet special on the Stance S1 wireless headset.

$179 total for US from a normal price of $204.

Check it out
http://pendulumic.com/shop/

The special price is at the very bottom of that drop down menu.

Has this already been posted?

Nice catch! 

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #259 of 298

That is just Karma for leaving me up north while you go hanging out in SoCal!  
biggrin.gif

DOH!!!  Next time I'll let you know and we can car pool!!!  er...to the airport that is. 
beerchug.gif

OK then!  I actually priced tix for that flight....If next year is a 2 day event.......

It is. 
smile.gif
  In fact, several people are coming into town as early as a week in advance next year to have an audio holiday.  This year, as it was Currawong's first time in SoCal, we spent several days visiting with our friends at Astell & Kern, Audeze, Schiit, Ultimate Ears and WyWires... not to mention a series of mini-meets on nearly a daily basis.  Good times.  Maybe next year, we can work in a super-secret invitation-only Audeze mini-meet at The Village.

Was SO glad to hear that Alex and Nina from WyWyres were a hit!

Good peeps. 
smile.gif
  Super down to earth and a lot of fun!  They're gonna be at T.H.E. Headphonium @ T.H.E. Show in Newport soon.

and lent them a hand voicing the early prototypes.

I'm SO psyched to hear the final WyWires cables w/ my LCD-X!
and @Currawong  - YEAH - airy. That's what I always love about Alex's cables.

Using the cable w/ my LCD-X and ALO Studio Six tube amp (McIntosh D100 as DAC) - the music is airy (as said before) dynamic, and tonally rich. 
The sound is so engaging I was supposed to get outta my office an hour ago! Can't wait til it breaks in!!!

Good job!

Yeah, even the prototypes kicked-ass... which probably explains why my LCD-X/XC impressions tend to be different from a lot of other people (i.e. better extension at both ends, more detail, improved separation).

Ethan's trying out their balanced HD 800 cable right now, and he's very fond of telling me how amazing they are on a daily basis... an experience that I particularly "enjoy" as I have neither that cable nor an HD 800.  Grrr. 
angry_face.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #261 of 298
I'm looking for a manufacturer at the show in orange county, irvine, ca, whose name I forget. I'm new to Head-Fi but really glad to find the group. I am a musician and was taken by an engineer in a studio I was working in. I was talking to him about stage monitors, he had these really expensive headphones running through an amp, i forget the name but i have never, ever had a musical eargasm like i had that day. he said if you think that was good come with me to the head-fi show. i was in an orgy of eargasms running around there. 

Anyway, my friend was looking for a wireless headphone with better sound than he had in his old fm ones, so he could walk around the studio and adjust things and hear the effect on the mix. He didn't think he'd find anything because it was so high-end, but we tried some brownish wireless headphones, over-ears, that were bluetooth 4, and sounded really good. he tried it wireless and wired (which also was cool) and couldn't hear a difference. we both wanted to buy but they weren't selling at the show. 

I had their card but lost it. can anyone help on this please? sorry for the bother, but appreciate assistance.

thank you,
Eric

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #264 of 298
  I'm new to Head-Fi but really glad to find the group. I am a musician and was taken by an engineer in a studio I was working in. I was talking to him about stage monitors, he had these really expensive headphones running through an amp, i forget the name but i have never, ever had a musical eargasm like i had that day. he said if you think that was good come with me to the head-fi show. i was in an orgy of eargasms running around there. 

thank you,
Eric

Hi Eric, welcome to Head-Fi! 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Thanks for coming to the meet, and thanks to your friend for bringing you! 
smile.gif
  Ethan and I (not to mention all of Audio360) believe that personal audio is exploding right now... which explains all of the ear spoodge at the meet.  So as you can imagine, your story is pretty awesome to us.  Feel free to hang around and make some new friends here.  And happy listening!

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #265 of 298

Hi Eric, welcome to Head-Fi! 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Thanks for coming to the meet, and thanks to your friend for bringing you! 
smile.gif
  Ethan and I (not to mention all of Audio360) believe that personal audio is exploding right now... which explains all of the ear spoodge at the meet.  So as you can imagine, your story is pretty awesome to us.  Feel free to hang around and make some new friends here.  And happy listening!

Wow, you win for using the words "exploding" and "ear spoodge" in the same sentence.

That's why at meets, we should always wipe the "ear spoodge" off the headphones before trying them. 
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #267 of 298
Lol, believe me, there are a few words more fitting than "exploding" - but as a mod I have to show restraint.  Darin, I would wager your table is messier than most because people are "exploding" out of their heads? 
tongue.gif

Okay, I better cool it, before...

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #268 of 298
Hold it right there! Put the photoshop DOWN! Put it DOWN! 

wink_face.gif

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #269 of 298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back