Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #91 of 127
One thing I thought I should bring up for future reference. At least two people did not realize that there were two smaller rooms full of member gear until tear-down time. I think the recessed entry into these rooms (one of them blocked by a large column) made them somewhat invisible. The fact that the reception desk is further down the hall from these rooms may also be a factor. If we have future events at this venue, more prominent signage might help.

I'm glad we asked the people at the reception desk where the rooms were. That way we didn't miss any rooms!

I was such a sincere pleasure playing music for you guys!!
I haven't had a chance to play my own mixes (which is how I end up testing headphone performance much of the time - using my music - as I wrote, engineered, and mastered the tracks!
Your enthusiasm was infectious! As I haven't DJ'd professionally for a few years now - except for the occasional after-party when my friends are in town to DJ!!!!

And: SO sorry I listened so loud! I realize that I was listening to the LCD-2 w/ Fazor - as you guys were listening with the LCD-X and XC - or, at times I just had to blast time! 
biggrin.gif

Next time feel free to tell me to turn it down!

Your post made my night!

Haha, yeah. I wish I could've stayed a bit longer, but I didn't want to walk home. Maybe I'll see you in the next Head-fi meet, whenever that is. (Probably after more than a year.)
It's good that you had a high level of enthusiasm there. It makes it more of a fun time for everybody and it increases interest for a product.

BTW, how do you think the LCD-X compare to the LCD-3s?

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #92 of 127
Awesome meet!  I wasn't able to get there until 2pm but was glad I was able to catch the last couple of hours.  Alpha dogs...WOW...now I understand what all the fuss is about with these cans.  And not only did they sound great they were super comfortable with the Alpha pads.  If I don't end up buying the headphones I'll be sure to buy the pads for my hifiman he500 haha.  But seriously, I went from wanting the Audeze LCD3 to having these guys jump to the top of the list for my next purchase.  Also spent some time with Schitt Lyr2, and I think I found the right amp to drive my HE500.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to all the rooms, there was just too many awesome equipment to play in 2hrs.  Thanks for setting up the meet and can't wait for next year!
Thanks for you views on the amazing alpha dogs and the audeze lcd 3. I was thinking about getting the audeze lcd 3 or the x's sometime but now I just enjoy my Alpha dogs and not worry about upgrading any time soon.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #93 of 127
Firstly I was to give a big shoutout to Warren and Ethan for making this meet possible and a shoutout to Russ and John for making it possible for me to go.

This meet was awesome, worked the schiit meet and got to meet some cool people. Also got to work with Daniel who is a pretty cool guy. Can't wait to hang with you again.

Was also able to catch up with some older friends, shoutout to Mercer.

Also got a chance to hear some headphones/iems. Such as the th600, want to thank massdrop for bringing that, they sold me even more on a headphone I knew I wanted and I was also able to spend sometime with the Noble PR. I was apparently one of the few people that requested to listen to it and it was my favorite thing setup there.

I am also glad that people enjoyed my friends K1000 at the cavalli booth.

Anyways again thanks to warren and third eye and everyone one else that made this meet possible.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #95 of 127
  I'm glad we asked the people at the reception desk where the rooms were. That way we didn't miss any rooms!

Haha, yeah. I wish I could've stayed a bit longer, but I didn't want to walk home. Maybe I'll see you in the next Head-fi meet, whenever that is. (Probably after more than a year.)
It's good that you had a high level of enthusiasm there. It makes it more of a fun time for everybody and it increases interest for a product.

BTW, how do you think the LCD-X compare to the LCD-3s?

Thanks brotha!
I can't help it - I wake up EVERY day grateful to do this for a living!!

For me - the LCD-X is, as I think I said (maybe not to you guys) the perfect headphone for studio monitoring AND recreational listening, as it seemingly has, to me, the flattest frequency response of any other Audeze headphone. I've used it while engineering and it's never steered me wrong!

The LCD-2 w/ Fazor, again, IMO - tends to be a touch warmer, which I prefer personally. However - I only feel this way about the new LCD-2!
I dug the old LCD-2 - but it didn't excite me as much as the new one.

So if you're looking for a slightly warmer sound, with silky, yet coherent mids, the LCD-2 w/ Fazor is the gem!!

Firstly I was to give a big shoutout to Warren and Ethan for making this meet possible and a shoutout to Russ and John for making it possible for me to go.

This meet was awesome, worked the schiit meet and got to meet some cool people. Also got to work with Daniel who is a pretty cool guy. Can't wait to hang with you again.

Was also able to catch up with some older friends, shoutout to Mercer.

Also got a chance to hear some headphones/iems. Such as the th600, want to thank massdrop for bringing that, they sold me even more on a headphone I knew I wanted and I was also able to spend sometime with the Noble PR. I was apparently one of the few people that requested to listen to it and it was my favorite thing setup there.

I am also glad that people enjoyed my friends K1000 at the cavalli booth.

Anyways again thanks to warren and third eye and everyone one else that made this meet possible.

GREAT to see you brother!!!
See you in LA!!

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #97 of 127

Feeling is absolutely mutual brother!

1. Where are you located?!?!
2. Going to the Up-coming LA Meet?

1. LA
2. Playing it by ear. Also visit the East Bay a time or two a year. Curiously, if Cali is broken up into 6 States as proposed, which State would you be in? 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #98 of 127

Feeling is absolutely mutual brother!

1. Where are you located?!?!
2. Going to the Up-coming LA Meet?

1. LA
2. Playing it by ear. Also visit the East Bay a time or two a year. Curiously, if Cali is broken up into 6 States as proposed, which State would you be in? 
tongue_smile.gif

For obvious reasons (both of them), I find myself drawn to your avatar.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #100 of 127
One thing I thought I should bring up for future reference. At least two people did not realize that there were two smaller rooms full of member gear until tear-down time. I think the recessed entry into these rooms (one of them blocked by a large column) made them somewhat invisible. The fact that the reception desk is further down the hall from these rooms may also be a factor. If we have future events at this venue, more prominent signage might help.

Yeah, I found one of the smaller rooms but didn't even realize there was a second smaller room... with a Lampizator... until afterwards. :frowning2:

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #102 of 127

I kept telling people to go there and they didn't seem to know about the room you were in until I told them. It was easy to convince them since I said you had the best sounding headphones at the show - the PX100's. I am sure a few people had come up to you asking you about those :wink:

Also got to work with Daniel who is a pretty cool guy. Can't wait to hang with you again.

Yeah it was great to meet you as well. Hope to see you if I go to the LA show, if not I will see you next time you're up here. Don't give up on Stanford, follow your dreams! BTW, I LOVED your (or your friends) K1000's, if you ever want to trade for my ALO Modified T5P's let me know! :wink:

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #103 of 127
  1. LA
tongue_smile.gif

State of Shock?  
rolleyes.gif

Silent One, darn- didn't meet you...didn't know that I would have the chance.  Hope you had a good time and that I will meet you another time.

I also missed listening to the Lampizator.  FAIL.  
blink.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #104 of 127

State of Shock?  
rolleyes.gif

Silent One, darn- didn't meet you...didn't know that I would have the chance.  Hope you had a good time and that I will meet you another time.

I also missed listening to the Lampizator.  FAIL.  
blink.gif

Did not attend. Still looking forward to meeting you, though. A few years back, shipsupt invited me to a Jazz club and hang out with you two. Believe it was somewhere in Mountain View. Can't wait for England to give us back our export! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back