OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 6, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #367 of 473
UPDATE:  TTVJ Apex Pinnacle will be at Table #5.  

The rest of the Apex line-up should be there too or with Mkubota1 at Table #10...

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #368 of 473

Quote:
Yay!! UE11 or UE18 this year.. Hmm... 

Your wallet cries tears of pain/joy!  Getting impressions and extended time listening to them with universal tips made it way too easy to buy a pair of customs last year. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #369 of 473
Quote:
Your wallet cries tears of pain/joy!  Getting impressions and extended time listening to them with universal tips made it way too easy to buy a pair of customs last year. 

One of the few reasons I absolutely appreciate being broke.  Because you know at the demo table I went from UE4 all the way up to UE11 and was like "yeah, that's the one I want."

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #371 of 473

For those who are serious, don't forget to bring CDs of your favorite/reference recordings

I hope this wasn't already mentioned, if so then I apologize.

Just as a reminder to myself and everyone else, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a few CDs of your favorite recordings. Last year, there were a fair amount of rigs (high-end) with only CD players - I was kicking myself for forgetting to burn a few reference CDs. It's also not a bad idea to bring a USB stick, but that's assuming the laptop owner will let you plug in. Because of the expected super large attendance this year (meaning more "unknowns" may show up), I won't be supporting computer based audio as I've had at prior meets. I will bring a CD transport instead. I know a few others with very high-end rigs who will do the same (only offer CD media based playback.)

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #373 of 473
We'll have paper pads and pens for the QUIET ROOM.

(Some of us will have to remember how to WRITE, LOL.
tongue.gif
)

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #374 of 473

Quote:
I know. The free impressions are what make it the most difficult. lol. :frowning2:

You may also want to consider going to a audiologist recommended by others who've had good impressions done. It's my understanding Maxla's ears were bleeding a few days after he received his UERMs (ordered at RMAF.) I think it's awesome that UE is bringing someone to do free impressions, and many people have not had any issues in the past, but that person is going to be under pressure to do a lot of impressions that day. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #375 of 473

Quote:

You may also want to consider going to a audiologist recommended by others who've had good impressions done. It's my understanding Maxla's ears were bleeding a few days after he received his UERMs (ordered at RMAF.) I think it's awesome that UE is bringing someone to do free impressions, and many people have not had any issues in the past, but that person is going to be under pressure to do a lot of impressions that day. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Ouch.
In light of that, if it's the same audiologist as last time, I can say that she did a good job on mine.  My fit was excellent.  I did have to send mine back for a refit (slight reduction of the tips) because I felt they went too far in.  But that is probably more of a personal preference and if anything indicates how complete my impressions were.  Other people who had impressions done should probably chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back