Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 28, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,846 of 8,152
Can you describe the Z3 in a few words. Sorry I do not understand Spanish.
Thnk you :)
ZISHAN Z3
Purchase link

Specifications:

* Size: 63x50x21 mm
* Weight: 102G.
* Screen: 0.96 "OLED matrix single color.
* Battery duration: <8h.
* Capacity: Without internal memory, up to 256 GB microSD.
* Bluetooth: No.

Measures (Maximum taken at 1KHz effective voltage):

* 1.743V 100 Ohms
* 0.646V 32 Ohms
* 3.96V empty
* Output Impedance measured 100 Ohms.

In favor:

* Extremely simple use. Quick interface
* Possibility of changing internal components very easily (OpAmps, battery, etc.).
* Power.
* Line output.
* Use as DAC.

Against:

* Only 32 volume steps.
* Very high output impedance (100 Ohms).
* Frequency response flat, with obvious drops in subwoofers and treble.
* Thickness of the player.
* Very handmade construction that is not up to the rest.
* The buttons move and make noise.

Sound:

The Z3 has a frequency response with clear drops in the subwoofer and treble above 10KHZ. This, together with the high output impedance, causes the resulting sound to be clearly colored. And, of course, it will be very dependent on the headset we use, not all headphones will be appropriate for use with this DAP. Those whose impedance is very low can actually sound "strange", such as the KZ ZS5. However the KZ ZS6 sound even better than in other DAPs, because this effect cuts out their sharp accuses.
The sound of the Z3 is dense and focused, with an impacting power. The bass is long, rumbling and to some extent aggressive. The voices are intimate and in the foreground, the media is a tad delayed with respect to the serious and lacks depth and detail, it is difficult to find texture in them. The sharp filings do not contribute the detail or the air to the means that they demand. In general, the sound is warm, something dark and shallow.

May 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #4,847 of 8,152
Can you describe the Z3 in a few words. Sorry I do not understand Spanish.
Thnk you :)

I don't speak english, only I can write a few words and read something :wink: ,so I will try to translate, with google translator help, my own sound analysis written in my review:

The Z3 has a frequency response with clear rolloff in the sub bass and treble above 10KHZ. This, together with the high output impedance, causes the resulting sound to be clearly colored. And, of course, it will be very dependent on the headset we use, not all headphones will be appropriate for use with this DAP. Those whose impedance is very low can actually sound "strange", such as the KZ ZS5. However the KZ ZS6 sound even better than in other DAPs, because this effect cuts out their sharp accuses.
The sound of the Z3 is dense and focused, with an impacting power. The bass is long, rumbling and to some extent aggressive. The voices are intimate and in the foreground, mids are a tad delayed with respect to the serious and lacks depth and detail, it is difficult to find texture in them. The sharp filings do not contribute the detail or the air to the means that they demand. In general, the sound is warm, something dark and shallow.

May 28, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #4,848 of 8,152
Some time ago I was writing this review and finally I finished it. Now it has been published here (in spanish):

https://auricular.org/5_reproductores_por_debajo_de_50/

I compare the following DAPs below 50€:

Agptek Rocker, Ruizu A50, F.Audio S1, Zishan Z3 and QNGEE X2.

Great comparison.

Short question on QNGEE X2: is the top wheel used for changing volume ? If so, does it turn easily if you keep the player in your pocket, with the risk of blasting ears & IEMs ?

May 28, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #4,849 of 8,152
Great comparison.

Short question on QNGEE X2: is the top wheel used for changing volume ? If so, does it turn easily if you keep the player in your pocket, with the risk of blasting ears & IEMs ?

X2 wheel is used for changing volume and, in some menus, like folder explorer, you can use it to move along the list. The wheel moves in steps and this makes it offer some resistance to movement. But I can not confirm that it does not move in a pocket of jeans.

May 29, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #4,850 of 8,152
Thank you for your words.

Sorry I don't have Dodocool DA106.

But the price of S1 and X2 it's almost equal in the same store on Aliexpress:

I found F.Audio S1 in other store with free delivery to my country. For QNGEE X2 delivery is 10$ (this is why I posted the question if the difference in sound quality is worth these 10$). I'm listening electronic music, so it could have less difference in this case.

May 29, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #4,852 of 8,152
I have the z3 with muses8920 opamp and it sounds great with kz zs6, pretty bassy but overall pretty great little player especially amped, it doesn't roll of on bass much.

May 29, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #4,853 of 8,152
hi everybody i am after a good dap with a budget of about $50, i have read about the benjie s5 and the ruizu x02, i would love to hear about some others, i have a pair of koss portapro's and listen to house, edm, hardstyle, etc etc, if that helps at all

May 29, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #4,854 of 8,152
I found F.Audio S1 in other store with free delivery to my country. For QNGEE X2 delivery is 10$ (this is why I posted the question if the difference in sound quality is worth these 10$). I'm listening electronic music, so it could have less difference in this case.

I don't want to be guilty of you making a wrong decision. So I prefer that you risk one of the two based on what you know of both. You may also have to evaluate other parameters to make the decision (form, screen, battery life, etc.)

May 29, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4,855 of 8,152
May 29, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4,856 of 8,152
Yea that's what I meant, when amped it doesn't roll off

May 30, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #4,857 of 8,152
Can anyone suggest a cheap DAP (under $150 AUD or $110 USD) that's an upgrade from the Fiio X1 2nd Gen sound wise? I'm using the MSR7 and I'd like something with a bit more warmth.

PS- Not the QNGEE X2. I can only get it from AliExpress which charges me $80 for the player plus another $80 for shipping!

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #4,858 of 8,152
Can anyone suggest a cheap DAP (under $150 AUD or $110 USD) that's an upgrade from the Fiio X1 2nd Gen sound wise? I'm using the MSR7 and I'd like something with a bit more warmth.

PS- Not the QNGEE X2. I can only get it from AliExpress which charges me $80 for the player plus another $80 for shipping!

another seller for the QNGEE X2 popped up on Aliexpress a couple days ago, but they have a 91% shop approval rating and place it's price at $95AUD. I messaged them asking what brand the listed 128gb Micro SD they combo it with (giving no option but to buy it with a 128gb Micro SD), and they told me it doesn't come with an SD card! They also claim that it's the cheapest price listed for the dap on the platform, but CK 'give me $80 for DHL' Lewis has it for sale 20 dollars cheaper!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...-1-Lossless-music-DIY-MP3-Hi/32879296399.html
I wouldn't buy from them, but more stores will start selling them soon. I'm waiting patiently :L3000:

May 30, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #4,859 of 8,152

This looks interesting and new to me: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079KFSGL...9c37-091ca9703cc2&ie=UTF8&qid=1527695249&sr=3
HIDIZS AP60 Ⅱ
https://www.amazon.com/HIDIZS-AP60-...ie=UTF8&qid=1527695390&sr=8-3&keywords=hidizs

May 30, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #4,860 of 8,152
Some time ago I was writing this review and finally I finished it. Now it has been published here (in spanish):

https://auricular.org/5_reproductores_por_debajo_de_50/

I compare the following DAPs below 50€:

Agptek Rocker, Ruizu A50, F.Audio S1, Zishan Z3 and QNGEE X2.

Of course it has frequency response graphs measured by me. In addition to my subjective opinion about its sound and other characteristics.

I hope you like it

Great review, already ordered the S1, it arrived earlier this week in UK, so hopefully arrives with me in next couple of days. Am excited to see how it compares to the Nintaus X10, was really tempted by the Qngee X2 but battery life is a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back