Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 16, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,412 of 8,143
Hmmm... there definitely seems to be more than a passing resemblance to Fiio's firmware, in terms of menu appearance... 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,416 of 8,143
  Can you please post the link for the yescool site, I can't seem to find it.  Thanks.

Honestly can't remember the search term I used to find it yesterday but it's eluding me now. I'll let you know if I find it again.

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,419 of 8,143

I bought it yesterday from Penon and they send to me an e-mail asking if it was fine for me to have this player as it only come with English and Russian languages, so i suppose that this version could be for russian market....

It is  pretty cheap for all that it does, I hope the price stays the same,  I am waiting for your impression in a couple of weeks, penon audio ships quite quickly so it will arrive 

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #1,421 of 8,143
  This X10 looks like an X1 clone. Same specs. Same software. Even the icons are the same. Perhaps it's a copy-cat hardware running the X1 software ?

The software of Nintaus X10 does seem to be the same as the Fiio dap's, but I also came across another dap on Taobao with the same software, so it is not an isolated incident. Either the software the Fiio's are running is openly available or they are being copied.

The X10 claims native dsd, which X1 doesn't have, this would require an additional dsd decoding microprocessor, but the X10 mentions no DAC, so I am certain it doesn't use a good dedicated DAC, while the X1 uses the quite decent PCM5142, this requires an additional LPF opamp.

The X10 has a line out, which X1 doesn't have, this would require an additional line out opamp, but if the DAC quality of X10 is mediocre then the line out is a bit pointless imo.

The power output of the X10 is similar to the X1, around 80mW, not a very strong showing.

So from what I'm seeing the X10 is like an X1 but has sacrificed a good dac for a native dsd decoding chip, and sacrificed the LPF opamp for a line out opamp, not what I would call good trades personally. But this is all speculation based on the specs, I could be wrong.

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,424 of 8,143
Are these players just copying the look of Fiio's software or are they actually running Fiio's software?

Also does the Breakpoint feature act like a bookmark for multiple files or is it just a resume for the last played file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back