Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #1,381 of 8,143
Thanks, XD-05 looks cool.

The way you described the sound sig of Zhishan DAP reminds me of hisundaudio studio iii. Its also bright and very detailed. One of my favourites.

I´m quite happy with the XD-05 for the price, especially after changing his opamp for a Burson v5i.

Very interesting player the hisoundaudio studio iii. I think both share the same concepts: power, analytical, etc. They even look pretty similar externally.
I read from the hisoundaudio sponsor in his thread the next that can explain some of my thoughts about the sound of this player too:

“Studio 3rd Anv has very high sound resolution, and very good highs energy performance. the extra highs freqence is seldom with the rest DAPs, so,at the beginning, some listener will feel it is bringt, in fact it is the merit of the player.
By the way, please be aware that belive or not, our players needed to be burn. after several hundred hours burned, the bass and highs will be tamed abit.
Of course the hiss level will be further diminished after the burning.
Please observe the phenomenon. Thanks.”

That's exactly what I appreciate with the highs. The burning time is mandatory as @T.R.A.N.C.E said.

Again, mine is not a review, I just wanted to share with you guys my initial thoughts with lots of pics.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #1,382 of 8,143

Thank you. The review above says, that it has no noise. ==> I believe this is really a good deal.

I love powerful players Sort of remind me of some old discmen :)

I can't even think in a discman as powerful as this thing. The Zishan mini share pretty much the same amp board, and it reaches 500 mW 32 ohm:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIFI-fever-nondestructive-portable-music-player-DIY-FLAC-APE-MP3-WAV-192K-24B/32631884685.html?scm=1007.13338.47322.0&pvid=f4d30d6e-e197-446c-895a-a3c9fe663513&tpp=1

That is,to have an idea, more or less the double of a xDuoo x3,a dap not being knowing as a week-power precisely…

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #1,384 of 8,143
  Hi, I am thinking of buying this player. Any recommendations? Thank you

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AIGO-z6-hard-dsd-player-hifi-mp3/816277_32646387208.html

I noticed that same player. Looks like a really good "bang for the buck". I don't know if anyone has reviewed it yet but it looks like a nice player for the price.....give it a shot.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,385 of 8,143
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #1,386 of 8,143

I noticed that same player. Looks like a really good "bang for the buck". I don't know if anyone has reviewed it yet but it looks like a nice player for the price.....give it a shot.

bruh, can this supercede Fiio X3 2nd gen? That's the bang for buck entry level HIFI player for me. Anyone can give recommendations? @crabdog mentioned this to me as well. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #1,387 of 8,143

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AIGO-z6-hard-dsd-player-hifi-mp3/816277_32646387208.html

I've had my eye on this for a while too. The only thing that concerns me is that there doesn't seem to be any Auxiliary output which is strange because all of their cheaper models have one. For that reason alone I would probably go with the EROS M5.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Aigo-EROS-M5-HIFI-DSD-Audiophile-lossless-music-player/601461_32735827254.html

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,388 of 8,143
Originally Posted by Martin Lister 

I noticed that same player. Looks like a really good "bang for the buck". I don't know if anyone has reviewed it yet but it looks like a nice player for the price.....give it a shot.

I wouldn't expect it to be better than Fiio X3ii. Both use CS4398, both do native dsd, so imo basically boils down to; Aigo Z6 uses ESS9601K with 75mW power output , Fiio X3ii uses OPA1642 + LMH6643 with 200mW power output, the Z6 may have slightly more refinement due to the sabre integrated amp, but the X3ii has more power+current, and more authority+dynamics due to OP+BUF structure. Fiio X3ii also has dual crystal clocks (better detail and transparency at various sample rates), Aigo Z6 doesn't. Fiio X3ii has Line Out and Digital Out, Aigo Z6 doesn't.  Plus Fiio regularly update firmware, I wouldn't be so confident in "Aigo" doing as good a firmware job. So overall I'd easily rather get the X3ii.

As for the "EROS M5" (it's an Aigo..), there is no info on what hardware is inside, I wouldn't buy blind (did that once with Alien, learnt my lesson)... Anyway how many mediocre daps does this "Aigo" outfit need to put out before people realize they just pump out ill-conceived products like no tomorrow to saturate the cheapo market.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,389 of 8,143

I wouldn't expect it to be better than Fiio X3ii. Both use CS4398, both do native dsd, so imo basically boils down to; Aigo Z6 uses ESS9601K with 75mW power output , Fiio X3ii uses OPA1642 + LMH6643 with 200mW power output, the Z6 may have slightly more refinement due to the sabre integrated amp, but the X3ii has more power+current, and more authority+dynamics due to OP+BUF structure. Fiio X3ii also has dual crystal clocks (better detail and transparency at various sample rates), Aigo Z6 doesn't. Fiio X3ii has Line Out and Digital Out, Aigo Z6 doesn't.  Plus Fiio regularly update firmware, I wouldn't be so confident in "Aigo" doing as good a firmware job. So overall I'd easily rather get the X3ii.

As for the "EROS M5" (it's an Aigo..), there is no info on what hardware is inside, I wouldn't buy blind (did that once with Alien, learnt my lesson)... Anyway how many mediocre daps does this "Aigo" outfit need to put out before people realize they just pump out ill-conceived products like no tomorrow to saturate the cheapo market.

I agree with you on many points but think you're being a bit harsh on aigo when to date there are still no "proper" reviews of any of their models.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,390 of 8,143
  I agree with you on many points but think you're being a bit harsh on aigo when to date there are still no "proper" reviews of any of their models.

There are proper reviews of Aigo 105, Aigo Z1, they are cheaper daps, still the consensus is that they are average, they roughly compare to some other cheapo daps in their price range, they do not punch above their price. That's what I am also guessing (based on their hardware and history) for the Aigo M5 and Z6, that they will be average/mediocre.

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,393 of 8,143
any dap with optical out ?

QLS QA350 
biggrin.gif
 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QLSHIFI-QA350-MOD-V2-SD-Card-WAV-High-Fidelity-Music-Player/32610197946.html

16/44 WAV only, barely any UI, block form factor, but great sound for the price, uses full size SD, has optical out, and a remote 
cool.gif
  Imo it's better than all these "Aigo" daps and Shozy Alien, the Zishan DSD is different though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back