NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Dec 15, 2006 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 808

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
OK. It's official
biggrin.gif
. The Adria Conference center is happy to have back what the manager called "a really nice bunch of people". This is the same place that we had the National Meet and the NYC November Meet in 2005, but this time we have our own private annex room with approximately 15 separate outlets and 16 tables that can hold 3 or 4 setups each, with no adjoining rooms next to us. The entrance is right from the circular driveway, so dropping of equipment and going to park the car is a breeze. We are being allowed use of 3 separate parking lots (one is cars only...not mini-vans or SUV's and we do not have to be out at a certain time except for those of us going to the diner and them Wiggles. Before the meet we are trying to organize a tailgate party.
It has it's own bathroom, a coat closet, and a beautiful bay window view of Burger King and Dunkin' Donuts across Northern Blvd.
biggrin.gif

[size=medium]EDIT: a second room has been rented to accomodate the members and equipment![/size]

Since it's only 2 months off, we can start equipment lists and definite attendees in the next couple of weeks.
It is easily accessible by train, plane and automobile and there will be rooms available for the weary travelers.

The Ramada Inn/Adria Hotel Conference Center in Bayside, New York.

Contact info: 1-800-27-Adria or 718-631 5900

Attendees and Agenda

Equipment list

(Thanks to SiBurning for putting these lists together)

NYC_November_meet.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 808
In.

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the heck the last time was a blast and a half, LMK the dat so I can see about travel

Aaron is that record store around the block still around?

That place was great but more time should be spent at d.b.a. and The Ginger Man.

Depending when it is, I might try to get away. This and San Jose within months will be tough.

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 808
in and this time i want to raid the vinyl store too!

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in and this time i want to raid the vinyl store too!

Me to
icon10.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #10 of 808
...you just keep pulling me back in!

In.

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #13 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That place was great but more time should be spent at d.b.a. and The Ginger Man.

Depending when it is, I might try to get away. This and San Jose within months will be tough.

my new liver should be here from ebay next week just in time for DBA, Gingerman and HopDevil
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #14 of 808
I've been planning to come to NY for THE Show which is from May 11-13th at the Grand Hyatt. I'm not sure if I can justify two trips, but we'll see.

Ok, to be completely honest, it will depend on the weather! I'm telling the truth. Every time I've been anywhere near cold weather (NY or Chicago) during the past 5 years, I've cought a nasty cold that took me weeks and sometimes even months to get rid of.

Not sure why, but Cayman is not a good place to recover from a cold. It lingers forever in the form of a scratchy throat and a lot of coughing/gagging. There is nothing I can take to help me get rid of it. In fact, I'll be lucky to get over the one I caught at Thanksgiving by February!

I know, I'm a wuss, but cold weather is not for me.

Dec 15, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In.

A man of many words
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been planning to come to NY for THE Show which is from May 11-13th at the Grand Hyatt. I'm not sure if I can justify two trips, but we'll see.

You can justify 2 trips. Remember that time in high school that you ate mushrooms 2 days in a row (no wait, that was me!).
Always know that you have a couch to sleep on for at least 19 days (along with ice cream, brownies and passes to my gym).

JP#'s...there's a couch for you as well, being that you both paid it forward.

Tyrion, my lawn is trim and neat that time of year (the tulips don't pop out 'til April).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back