Noontec Zoro HD review
Sep 10, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #47 of 70
I guess if we don't throw it around hard, it should hold up. How is the flexibility of the headphones though, do they bend well.

I wasn't dared to bend them as I was afraid that the headband might just fall apart but I have stretched it several time to fit my ears and they have no problem with that.

What genre of musics do you listen to? the Noontec may not be good for long term listening due to the slightly strong clamp 

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #48 of 70
I listen to EDM and pop. Watch youtube videos and listen to podcasts also. I got the cal!2 just a few days ago, and I don't like the size of it. The sound is good though. Surprisingly, as comfy as ppl say they are, I couldn't wear it for more than 1 hour or so. The side of my head would start feeling sore. So I guess the zoro hd will not surprise me either. I'd need to see how it feels with earcups pressing on my ears instead of the sides of the head.

As long as they are not too fragile I'll be happy.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #50 of 70
My ears are not very picky. I'm no audiophile like most guys here. The reason I'm on these forums is to find a budget, good sounding overall headphones.

I like the portability of this thing, and the sound quality happens to be good for its price. I've decided not to go with over-ears after the cal!2. Anyway I ordered a red pair of zoro hds from amazon for USD75. Pretty much decided on it. :)

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #52 of 70
I listen to EDM and pop. Watch youtube videos and listen to podcasts also. I got the cal!2 just a few days ago, and I don't like the size of it. The sound is good though. Surprisingly, as comfy as ppl say they are, I couldn't wear it for more than 1 hour or so. The side of my head would start feeling sore. So I guess the zoro hd will not surprise me either. I'd need to see how it feels with earcups pressing on my ears instead of the sides of the head.

As long as they are not too fragile I'll be happy.

tbh i had my noontec zoro (originals for about 2 years now) during the first year (about the first 8 months i used them almost everyday) and after that their sitting inside my drawer.

that said the build quality i think is rather subpar (the originals i paid 100$ for them actually 115$ after shipping) and after 8 months of solid use,  i babied them like crazy, never thrown always took them off gently and placed them onto the table with both hands. and theres a few cracks between the headband and the earcups (where the noonteco logo is on the earcups) theres i think i counted 7. there was originally 4, i superglued it back together, not the prettiest thing but kept it going

superglued the remaining 3 cracks and its still working today but i'm underwhelmed with the build quality. 

the sound is great for an on ear at 100$ or under but, they have really gotta fix the plastic used.

my hinges are also really loose on the right side (i don't know why the right only) during the 8months of solid use i collapsed them no more than 2-3 times a month. 

it still stays on and works fine (but if i tilted the hold the left earcup and tilt left <-- the right side just collapses on its own (and "self-folds")

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #53 of 70
Seems like the cracking is a common issue. Is the original zoros build the same as the zoro HD? I read somewhere that a person bought a pair of original zoros from an unauthorized seller on eBay, and the hinges snapped after a few times of use. Then he emailed noontec USA and they told him that he got the older batch of zoros. Apparently, noontec released a newer batch that has improved build quality.

I sure hope the zoro HDs are an improved version. :wink: If not, well, are there any other on-ear headphones with foldable hinges that are at a budget and sound as good as them?

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #54 of 70
Seems like the cracking is a common issue. Is the original zoros build the same as the zoro HD? I read somewhere that a person bought a pair of original zoros from an unauthorized seller on eBay, and the hinges snapped after a few times of use. Then he emailed noontec USA and they told him that he got the older batch of zoros. Apparently, noontec released a newer batch that has improved build quality.

I sure hope the zoro HDs are an improved version.
wink.gif
If not, well, are there any other on-ear headphones with foldable hinges that are at a budget and sound as good as them?

to be quite honest i think if your looking for more budget options you should stay away from foldable hinges

Especially for on ear headphones that are more thinner and sleeker looking so the material is thinner more times that not

, even many of the more expensive full sized headphones have really iffy hinges and those hinges are bigger and can distribute the stress over a wider surface area when bending. for example even the ue6000, the beats solo2 (its better than before but still wouldn't fold them often), the kef m500, and 

of course there is exceptions of course are the vmoda xs and m100s. 

your better off buying a headphone that doesn't fold flat or fold up (like the amperiors (even though their plastic their soo well built that i honestly can and willing to bend them in all these different directions that i wouldn't do with other headphones)

their pretty cheap now at 150$ compared their original price at about 300 or 350$. 

maybe the meelectronics air-fi af32

which can fold up but i can't vouch for them (they have a similar design and can be bluetooth and used with a cable) and comes with a wide variety of colours

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #55 of 70
I guess that's a fair assessment. But I just have a thing for the foldable hinges and on-ear design. Haha. Liked it the moment I saw the beats. But have always wanted better sound quality and cheaper price tag, hence I decided to give noontec a try.

I saw some videos of people saying the beats also break easily when enough pressure is applied on the headband(not the hinges tho). Well, if beats can snap then I guess it's justifiable for a way cheaper noontecs. Maybe the manufacturers will come up with a better build someday.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #56 of 70
I guess that's a fair assessment. But I just have a thing for the foldable hinges and on-ear design. Haha. Liked it the moment I saw the beats. But have always wanted better sound quality and cheaper price tag, hence I decided to give noontec a try.

I saw some videos of people saying the beats also break easily when enough pressure is applied on the headband(not the hinges tho). Well, if beats can snap then I guess it's justifiable for a way cheaper noontecs. Maybe the manufacturers will come up with a better build someday.

very understandable that design is really eye catching and the folding feature is just a added plus for portable purposes added to the fact the on ear design increases its portability yet again. makes its a heavy favorite to the general public hence why the solo and the solo hd was beat's top selling headphone (along with the fact that it was cheap too helped)

the noontecs definitely feel cheaper than the solo hd

but that said a lot of people on youtube and those bashing beats are putting unnecessary stress on the headband (like purposely reverse bending it past 180) anything will break, the headband is not built to do that! (i seriously doubt anyone's head is that wide)

can it be built better, i think so and i hope so as well noontec is onto something here with the zoros

i have yet to heard the hammos though so i'll have to see how that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back