Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 25, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #12,182 of 36,078
  any consensus on Savant burn in? how long, how loud, and how does it change the sound?

I depends on how long it takes your brain to get used to them 
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #12,184 of 36,078
Jun 25, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #12,186 of 36,078
Way off topic, and I'm not one to do something like this.  I know I don't know y'all outside of this forum, but I would appreciate some positive thoughts today, as my niece undergoes a double mastectomy in Utah.  She suffers from stage 4 liver cancer as well  and is fighting like a champ for her 3 kids.  Thought maybe a little positive energy around the world wouldn't hurt. This might be inappropriate to post here, but I appreciate your understanding.  Thanks!

All the best!

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #12,187 of 36,078
  Way off topic, and I'm not one to do something like this.  I know I don't know y'all outside of this forum, but I would appreciate some positive thoughts today, as my niece undergoes a double mastectomy in Utah.  She suffers from stage 4 liver cancer as well  and is fighting like a champ for her 3 kids.  Thought maybe a little positive energy around the world wouldn't hurt. This might be inappropriate to post here, but I appreciate your understanding.  Thanks!

all my best goes out to you and yours.  

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #12,190 of 36,078
  Joke time, laughter is the best medicine.

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children in her class what their mothers did for a living. 

All  the typical answers came up -- teacher, nurse, businesswoman, saleswoman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth. 

However, little Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet, So when the teacher gently prodded him about his mother,  He replied, "Well my mother's an exotic dancer in a Club and takes off all her clothes in front of men, and they put money in her underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, she will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money." 

The teacher, obviously shaken by this bold statement, hurriedly set the other  children to work on some exercises and then took little Johnny aside to quietly ask him, "Is that really true about your mother, dear?" 
Nope," the boy said, "She works for the Democratic National Committee and is helping to get Hillary Clinton to be our next President, but I was too embarrassed to say that In front of the other kids." 

Indeed it is.
  But I could call this one a case of low dosage.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #12,195 of 36,078
In my experience, BA drivers (assuming that's what inside the Savant) don't need burn in. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't really hear any difference from my past BA driver IEMs before and after burning those in.

I believe in psychological burn in, though. That, and the "honeymoon ('oh god this is the best') phase" we get once we listen to brand new gears are true, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back