Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 26, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #12,196 of 36,078
  In my experience, BA drivers (assuming that's what inside the Savant) don't need burn in. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't really hear any difference from my past BA driver IEMs before and after burning those in.

I believe in psychological burn in, though. That, and the "honeymoon ('oh god this is the best') phase" we get once we listen to brand new gears are true, IMO.

There is the honeymoon phase but also, you need time for your brain to readjust to a new sonic signature.

I find myself, whenever I come from using a bass heavy headphone for a prolonged period of time, neutral headphones sound thin and bass light when in fact they are not...

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #12,197 of 36,078
  There is the honeymoon phase but also, you need time for your brain to readjust to a new sonic signature.

I find myself, whenever I come from using a bass heavy headphone for a prolonged period of time, neutral headphones sound thin and bass light when in fact they are not...

Even if the iem uses BA(s), there is still wiring and possibly crossover components as well - so the mere presence of the BA does not automatically rule out there being burn-in changes with the whole iem.  (I agree that there may not be, but that requires a sperate argument, not just a question-begging assertion).

I usually do a quick listen, then go back to my "original" item, while the new one is being played (burned-in) unaudited.  Then I go back and spot check the new one - so I really fail to see how "getting used to it" explains the situatation, when there has not been continuous or frequent listening to the item in question.  It does not prove the point, but it does question the generic knee-jerk reaction

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #12,201 of 36,078
Hi guys, we now have an appreciation thread for the Savant: http://www.head-fi.org/t/772698/noble-savant-appreciation-thread-impressions-reviews-tours#post_11719225

Savant owners, feel free to visit the thread and post your impressions... 
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #12,205 of 36,078
Jun 26, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #12,209 of 36,078
Hey guys, which noble iem has the most vshape sound? Yes, I perfer that lol

IMO, the Noble 3 is the only IEM in their catalog that can be described as sufficiently v-shaped. Punchy, strong bass with prominent, shimmering highs. If that's your cup of tea, the Noble 3 is right up your alley.

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #12,210 of 36,078
Which in the lineup would be best for vocals. Looking for a universal that renders vocals as good as or better than the 334. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back