Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 25, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #12,154 of 36,115
It is normal for head position to influence the acoustic seal to some degree, but as to what the position is that produces the best seal or worst seal is pretty much unique to each individual

Is this something that can be "fixed" in the impression process? For example, if in this case my impressions were made with my head in its "natural" position, would I get a better seal from my CIEMs in the "natural" position if I had my impressions taken next time with my head slightly raised?

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #12,156 of 36,115
Listening for the first time with my K-10s from my MACbook, to YES on youtube......straight out no EQ or Audirvana, into a 3.5 adaptor into my balanced cables......unbelievable! I have never, to my loss, heard Chris Squire sound so brilliant!

And I'm in London and going to listen to all the Brit groups, ELP, King Crimson, Jethro Tull..etc!

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #12,158 of 36,115
Is this something that can be "fixed" in the impression process? For example, if in this case my impressions were made with my head in its "natural" position, would I get a better seal from my CIEMs in the "natural" position if I had my impressions taken next time with my head slightly raised?

I always try and sit as straight up as I can while still being relaxed. Basically not doing anything unnatural or weird!
It sounds to me like you need a refit. If you have an audiologist who is familiar with taking impressions for CIEM's, speak to them. If you haven't got said audiologist, then get one. Good impressions are key to success with CIEM's. Good luck.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #12,162 of 36,115
Way off topic, and I'm not one to do something like this.  I know I don't know y'all outside of this forum, but I would appreciate some positive thoughts today, as my niece undergoes a double mastectomy in Utah.  She suffers from stage 4 liver cancer as well  and is fighting like a champ for her 3 kids.  Thought maybe a little positive energy around the world wouldn't hurt. This might be inappropriate to post here, but I appreciate your understanding.  Thanks!

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #12,163 of 36,115
  Way off topic, and I'm not one to do something like this.  I know I don't know y'all outside of this forum, but I would appreciate some positive thoughts today, as my niece undergoes a double mastectomy in Utah.  She suffers from stage 4 liver cancer as well  and is fighting like a champ for her 3 kids.  Thought maybe a little positive energy around the world wouldn't hurt. This might be inappropriate to post here, but I appreciate your understanding.  Thanks!

Sending happy thoughts her way! Best of luck to her and to your whole family.

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #12,165 of 36,115
ok so first issue, 24 different tips, which to choose? maybe we should start with the one most people get the best sound from? red, blue, foam, double flange?  I think maybe small is the right size but not sure how you go about this process, anyone? small actually seem even too big to go into my ear fully? i am used to the ER4s fit though maybe they don't go so deep? they sorta feel like they are falling out not in snug.

was tough to stretch the blue over the stem but eventually managed it and connected to my DX90 and wow they sound incredible, much better then the ER4s, maybe a bit more in your face midrange, very extended up high and bass is like a beats by dre compared to the ER4s.  I think the tips will be the biggest question mark.

also there is a divider in the tip, does that need to line up with the divider in the stem?  kinda hard to tell

what is the trick for getting the tips on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back