Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 17, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #21,199 of 36,060
Jul 17, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #21,200 of 36,060

Help! I can't stop pressing on the big red button! 
ph34r.gif

Jul 17, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #21,205 of 36,060
Guys with CIEMs, does your seal break when you move your jaws or smile..? Mine does on my left ear.

They shouldn't break seal no matter what you do with you mouth (no perv jokes intended). If they are new send the guys at Noble an email and they will sort it out under their fit guarantee.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #21,206 of 36,060
They shouldn't break seal no matter what you do with you mouth (no perv jokes intended). If they are new send the guys at Noble an email and they will sort it out under their fit guarantee.

That isn't necessarily true.  It may be true for you, but we humans are anatomically different.  
  Guys with CIEMs, does your seal break when you move your jaws or smile..? Mine does on my left ear.

Feel free to send them in, but I can't promise you that this will be resolved. It could be resolved if you take your ear mold impression with a big smile on your face, but when you don't smile, you may lose your seal again.

The ear canal is dynamic, while the CIEMs are not, they don't move, they don't change shape etc etc.   (another case for universals as the ear tips can shift/adjust/move along with the ear canal)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 17, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #21,208 of 36,060

That isn't necessarily true.  It may be true for you, but we humans are anatomically different.  

Feel free to send them in, but I can't promise you that this will be resolved. It could be resolved if you take your ear mold impression with a big smile on your face, but when you don't smile, you may lose your seal again.

The ear canal is dynamic, while the CIEMs are not, they don't move, they don't change shape etc etc.   (another case for universals as the ear tips can shift/adjust/move along with the ear canal)

FullCircle is completely correct. I just wanted to add that the best audiologists (and you can ask for this) will check your ear canal as you open and close your mouth to see how the canal is affected. Some people's ear canals change with open mouth, some don't! I've owned 12 ciems and I get the best fit when impressions are made using a bite block for a relaxed jaw with open mouth, but that's just me.

How does the K10 respond to eq? Can you add a good amount of bass if you want?

Getting a little excited... Been a little over 2 weeks.

The K10 has two of the biggest bass armature drivers there are, soooo....

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #21,209 of 36,060
I have just lost one of the earpieces of my Wizard design K10s. When Iooked at them and saw the two prongs of one of the cable connections and no earpiece, I had a moment of blind panic, followed by half an hour of frantic searching. Alas, it is gone. I am devastated. Now I have to go through the process of having moulds made again, the patient waiting, and running in (not to mention the replacement cost!). I am also having to decide between the Katana and getting the K10 again.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #21,210 of 36,060
I have just lost one of the earpieces of my Wizard design K10s. When Iooked at them and saw the two prongs of one of the cable connections and no earpiece, I had a moment of blind panic, followed by half an hour of frantic searching. Alas, it is gone. I am devastated. Now I have to go through the process of having moulds made again, the patient waiting, and running in (not to mention the replacement cost!). I am also having to decide between the Katana and getting the K10 again.
buy both. Just kidding. Should try to demo both before big decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back