Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 18, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #21,211 of 36,060
Unfortunately there is nowhere locally where I can hear both. While I loved the K10, I always felt they had just a tad too much bass, and that a little extra treble extension would have been nice. So I am leaning towards the Katana, which sounds like it might address those issues.

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #21,213 of 36,060
That isn't necessarily true.  It may be true for you, but we humans are anatomically different.  

Feel free to send them in, but I can't promise you that this will be resolved. It could be resolved if you take your ear mold impression with a big smile on your face, but when you don't smile, you may lose your seal again.

The ear canal is dynamic, while the CIEMs are not, they don't move, they don't change shape etc etc.   (another case for universals as the ear tips can shift/adjust/move along with the ear canal)

Sorry about the miss information, was just talking from personal experience. I do get a slight squelchy sound from my left ear but the seal remains intact.

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #21,214 of 36,060
For what it's worth, I use medium size TX500 on my left ear and small size TX500 on the right to achieve the perfect balance for the Layla. No problem with my custom K10 of course.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #21,215 of 36,060
Guys with CIEMs, does your seal break when you move your jaws or smile..? Mine does on my left ear.

When I was getting my K10s, I had my impressions made by a general audiologist. When I got the K10s, the fit was ok but I had the kind of problem you are describing, where the fit changed as I moved my jaw. Fast forward a year later, when I was getting my Dulces, I had my impressions made by an audiologist who specializes in making impressions for musicians. My Dulce's fit like a glove and I could eat with them on with no break in seal whatsoever. So I sent my K10s back to Noble for them to rebuild it using the same molds as the Dulces and now the fit of my K10s are perfect as well with no seal-breaking.

So it might be worth getting new impressions and getting your K10s refit, especially if you have had them for less than a month, at which point it is free to do so. Even some audiologist are willing to do the impressions for a refit for free as well.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #21,216 of 36,060
How does the K10 respond to eq? Can you add a good amount of bass if you want?

Getting a little excited... Been a little over 2 weeks.

Very Well.. The bass out of drivers is sufficient but on ZX2 i need to bump up clear bass setting to get the thump and it scales very well .. No muddiness 

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #21,217 of 36,060
FullCircle is completely correct. I just wanted to add that the best audiologists (and you can ask for this) will check your ear canal as you open and close your mouth to see how the canal is affected. Some people's ear canals change with open mouth, some don't! I've owned 12 ciems and I get the best fit when impressions are made using a bite block for a relaxed jaw with open mouth, but that's just me.

The K10 has two of the biggest bass armature drivers there are, soooo....

animalsrush Thank you gentlemen. We shall see soon enough. Really looking forward to the magic.

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #21,219 of 36,060
  Guys with CIEMs, does your seal break when you move your jaws or smile..? Mine does on my left ear.

If I do a huge Joker-like smile, or if I chew, the seal will break a little. This is true for all my CIEMs.

How does the K10 respond to eq? Can you add a good amount of bass if you want?

Getting a little excited... Been a little over 2 weeks.

I love a fair bit of added bass (actually, a lot!), and the K10 responds very well with EQing and amping. I usually use my K10 with an ALO Rx Mk3-B+, and I keep the bass dial at full level. No distortion, just great sound.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #21,221 of 36,060
Jul 18, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #21,222 of 36,060
Anyone know what the shipping times on K10U's are? I ordered a set on 7/7 and am anxious to get them!

I ordered a Savanna during the birthday sale (7/1) and they still haven't shipped. They are way backed up right now.

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #21,223 of 36,060
  I have just lost one of the earpieces of my Wizard design K10s. When Iooked at them and saw the two prongs of one of the cable connections and no earpiece, I had a moment of blind panic, followed by half an hour of frantic searching. Alas, it is gone. I am devastated. Now I have to go through the process of having moulds made again, the patient waiting, and running in (not to mention the replacement cost!). I am also having to decide between the Katana and getting the K10 again.

Ouch.  Not sure on how long you had your impressions taken but it might be worth giving Noble a shout via email to see if they have them on file.  May be able to avoid that step again.

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #21,224 of 36,060
If I do a huge Joker-like smile, or if I chew, the seal will break a little. This is true for all my CIEMs.

I love a fair bit of added bass (actually, a lot!), and the K10 responds very well with EQing and amping. I usually use my K10 with an ALO Rx Mk3-B+, and I keep the bass dial at full level. No distortion, just great sound.

Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear. I think I'll be very happy with them.

Jul 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #21,225 of 36,060

Ouch.  Not sure on how long you had your impressions taken but it might be worth giving Noble a shout via email to see if they have them on file.  May be able to avoid that step again.

I've been in contact with Noble and unfortunately I will have to have the impressions done again. The "good" news is that I only need one side replaced, and I might just use this as an excuse to buy some Katanas as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back