Nik's R10 amp: First Pictures
Feb 5, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 103
Why not keeping the pictures in the sticky section, and reduce them instead hirsch to the half of less the size....Nice monster anyway!!!

Feb 5, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 103
OMG!

hmmm. i hear a little hum. guess i better flick each tube to find out which one....

the only thing missing are these:

1091_L.jpg

and tube retention clips. anyone who uses ferrite beads is a man after my own heart.

why a gold knob? I would think a mahogany wooden knob would isolate from static impulses.

isn't the fan likely to make a lot of noise? wouldn't a much bigger fan with a low rpm make for a quieter setup?

Feb 5, 2003 at 4:44 AM Post #20 of 103
Quote:

I am concerned about the phones used to guage the sound by. That is a 1/8th plug...

That right-angle plug and 1/4" adapter look alot like my Ety's. Not bad cans to test out a new amp with.

Feb 5, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #23 of 103
That definitely ain't the Etys. 1/4th adaptor seems like it, but the 1/8th plug and the construction of the cable is totally not Etymotic's. That cable neither looks rubberish like the 4P's cable nor does it have the twisted geometry that the Ety 4S/4B cables have.

So, um, yeah, it could very well be some stock earbuds for all we know.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #26 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
On such a highly priced and exclusive item, why the pc boards all over the place? Isn't point to point wiring superior to the trace circuits on pc boards?

they don't some to really use pcb except as support. I don't see any layout on these

Feb 5, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 103
This looks to be tube rectified design,is that so?I count 15 tubes.I see it is a dual mono circuit with seperate power supplies.I might have spec'd dual stepped attenuators as well.This looks to be an awesome amp,I hope it sounds as good.

Feb 5, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #29 of 103
Hi firends,

I have recieved yet the amp. the picts are done in the designer laboratory.

The golden knob will be changed, I wait just for this.

The tubes are 15 but not very expensive.

The amp is voiced for the R-10, is the identical schematic of my precedent R-10H, but with a new regulated power supply and very hi quality components. (and better consruction).

No pc board, the construction is totally hand made and soldering are point to point (air cabled).

The costs is around 8500 $, but as you can see the componets are very expensive.

I'll tell you soon about the sound... but the technician told me that the difference with the old R-10H is like the day and night...

Best to all!

Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back