New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #4,591 of 9,484
Well, you all can probably guess based off my two day (p)review, I'm going to do everything within my power to be the first to order one of these. Thank you for the update, Mike!

One of the pluses of the pre-order threads was that you got some idea of how many people were actually going to buy a given toy - its understandable that Schiit dont work that way given that they have their own automated ordering system, but it would be interesting nonetheless. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #4,592 of 9,484
Well, you all can probably guess based off my two day (p)review, I'm going to do everything within my power to be the first to order one of these. Thank you for the update, Mike!

I'll be right behind you!  :thumb

JJ

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #4,593 of 9,484

(btw, it was the photo of Miss Johannson that forced you to break radio silence, wasn't it ?)

She could probably force me to do quite a few things.
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #4,594 of 9,484
Good news so - More time to save! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #4,599 of 9,484
I'm still interested in the Yggdrasil, I'll probably pick one up. Interested in how it stacks up against the spectral. Hopefully it's not too sacrilegious to keep the legato 2 in the mix.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #4,600 of 9,484
  Cant wait!! Thanks Mike M.!

Anyone know how the Ygg's USB implementation will compare to the Audiophilleo1? Would be nice to simplify and remove it from my chain of components.

Read the (p)review thread floating around the internet and both I and Purrin have commented on the USB implementation.

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #4,602 of 9,484
As a marketing 'angle' they should make that shirt an 'option' for the first weeks worth of orders (or some other period of time/number of shirts).

I think the 'response' would surprise a few folks…

Just say'n…  :thumb

JJ 
atsmile.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #4,603 of 9,484
I'm pretty excited to see how this DAC turns out. The Ragnorock is still on my shortlist too. I'm not completely sold yet with using the Ragnorock as my main integrated amp for loud speakers, but definitely as a headphone amp. I haven't found the details yet but I'm interested in learning about how this DAC is better than other DACs from an engineering and price perspective. Especially compaired to the DACs in the best DAC/Headphone Amp all in one units.

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #4,604 of 9,484

Ragnarok has replaced my 170wpc Musical Fidelity for speaker use because it lets me hear deeper into the music and is just more fun and involving. Unless your speakers are of low efficiency (~85db) and you're trying to fill a big room, I say go for it.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #4,605 of 9,484
  Nowhere is there a J in Yggdrasil.

But there is an I in Jesus, so why not?

Ya know…
Us manly men, just have this near automatic aversion to ever uttering this next phrase…

"I'm really get'n down on my Iggy on the rag"  (say that 10 times, fast…)  
atsmile.gif

Something about the utterance that shall not be mentioned or sumpt'n…  
blink.gif

JJ  
evil_smiley.gif

atsmile.gif

ps So clearly if an alternative were ever moar needed, I can't think of one.
And I'm sure that all true manly men agree, the "J" must stay…  
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back