[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jun 21, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #5,926 of 5,962
I have never heard the ATH A2000x , so I do not know. but audio technica in general are focused on the highs , too bright and direct to my ears. but there are people like them very much, but not me. I am not so HI-FI. I chose HD650 over HD800 or X1 over X2 , Mr.speakers Aeons over HIFIMAN HE500.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #5,927 of 5,962
I have never heard the ATH A2000x , so I do not know. but audio technica in general are focused on the highs , too bright and direct to my ears. but there are people like them very much, but not me. I am not so HI-FI. I chose HD650 over HD800 or X1 over X2 , Mr.speakers Aeons over HIFIMAN HE500.
Making those choices doesn't mean you aren't hifi. I'd pick my HD600 over the HD800 probably 98% of the time. Listened to a few of Hifiman's high-end cans like the Edition X and HE1000 as well as Focal's Elear and Utopic; would pick the HD600 over those too.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #5,928 of 5,962
yes ,i have many 3.5mm cable, to me they sound pretty much the same, right now, the X1 is with some long 3.5 to 3.5mm silver copper cable for the TV. cable will not do much difference, I can't tell is my head or is the cable ever made me feel different. But balanced cable and amp do make difference for high impedance balanced headphones.

Well i was just about to sell my X1 and buy the X2 this weekend as it sounded lie it as more detailed & brighter (than X1) and then i remember someone in this thread mentioning the stock cable. Took it off and tried a couple of cheap ones I had kicking around. The sound went from being congested with huge overdone bass to a much cleaner overall sound and MUCH tighter bass. Tbh I've always been skeptical over cables making a difference but there is a definite change. Use it with Sabaj DA3 DAC and Topping NX2 AMP and the sound is cry nice. Soundstage also improved to what I have heard about but never experienced (with stock cable). I even tried ABing with my Soundmagic HP100 and it was also the same improvement.

Suffice to say I'll be putting my money elsewhere... hopefully the Shure 1540.

Nov 25, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #5,929 of 5,962
9408930_thumb.png

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screw for the screw boxed in red (bottom box in picture)?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #5,930 of 5,962
It is 2019, Phillips Fidelio X1 is kicking better than last year. Bigger number of hours, better sound. Music is more engaging than my Sennheiser HD600 via cheap amplifier. I am even using the stock cable. Happy New Year Headfiers! More power Philips Fidelio!

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #5,931 of 5,962
Same here. Still not wanting to part my way with X1. Wouldn`t even dream about it!
And since I`ve made some more modifications for Aune T1 (HO opamp), then it is better than ever! ;P

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #5,932 of 5,962
Congrats CoiL on your setup! If there is one word that I will describe Fidelio X1 is simpy MUSIC! ABUNDANCE of music flowing into my ears right now at a very cheap level. With my Sennhesier HD600, I am quite dissecting music rather than enjoying. There is no gap between the listener and the headphones using Fidelio X1. IMMERSIVE experience is being brought into the table by the X1 without a high price tag. Keep making this kind of headphones Philips! More abundance of music flowing in 2019!*

*I am typing this message with my X1 in my ears! i am also singing with the singer, VERY PARTICIPATORY HEADPHONE!

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #5,933 of 5,962
Just received a a mint, almost new pair of these today. I'm always amazed what some of our members have stashed or hidden inside their closets. For 125 bucks, I feel like I just won the lottery. What can I say, these are damn good. If you're reading this and already have a pair, you already know. I own some fine cans imo, including the Beoplay H6, Meze 99 Classics with OG pads, and Massdrop Sennheiser 58X. I have a feeling these may be rise to the top. Listening to Fleetwood Macs Gold Dust Woman literally gave me goosebumps. I still haven't spent over 200 dollars on a pair of cans, but I'm so satisfied with what I have, I may never do so. These remind of an open back pair of my M-Audio Q40 with incredible spaciousness. Wall worthy indeed. I shall report back after some more head time.

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #5,934 of 5,962
Just received a a mint, almost new pair of these today. I'm always amazed what some of our members have stashed or hidden inside their closets. For 125 bucks, I feel like I just won the lottery. What can I say, these are damn good. If you're reading this and already have a pair, you already know. I own some fine cans imo, including the Beoplay H6, Meze 99 Classics with OG pads, and Massdrop Sennheiser 58X. I have a feeling these may be rise to the top. Listening to Fleetwood Macs Gold Dust Woman literally gave me goosebumps. I still haven't spent over 200 dollars on a pair of cans, but I'm so satisfied with what I have, I may never do so. These remind of an open back pair of my M-Audio Q40 with incredible spaciousness. Wall worthy indeed. I shall report back after some more head time.

Awesome! They are great. My only recommendation might be to change the cable which really does improve the SQ even further.

Congrats!

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #5,935 of 5,962
Like above post said, first thing to do is measure Your cable impedance with multimeter and if it`s around 1.2Ohm - replace it! There is big post about measurements and replacement cables for it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/4320#post_10475263

Second thing - get it amped! Tube or tube buffered or "analog" sounding SS amps make it sound even better!

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #5,936 of 5,962
Awesome! They are great. My only recommendation might be to change the cable which really does improve the SQ even further.

Congrats!
Yep. I haven't even used the stock cable. I have a killer cable I use for all my single 3.5mm cans. I think these are the 1st headphones I've had that I haven't felt the need to tweak the EQ to some degree within a few hours of head time.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #5,937 of 5,962
Yep. I haven't even used the stock cable. I have a killer cable I use for all my single 3.5mm cans. I think these are the 1st headphones I've had that I haven't felt the need to tweak the EQ to some degree within a few hours of head time.
Best to not even touch the stock cable then. It's built like a tank, but I was happier with the cheap 3.5mm cable I bought on Amazon.

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #5,940 of 5,962
Had to review it for one of the biggest company, was not that bad but much overpriced
Link to review?
"not that bad" seems like You didn`t feed them with proper source gear and amping? And did You use stock hideous-high-impedance cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back