New Onkyo ES-FC300 / HF300?
Sep 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #241 of 287
Is it easy to find afternarket AKG545 pads?

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #242 of 287

Here is a comparative size view...
Left to right is akg545, aftermarket akg 518 pads, & stock Onkyo pads..

The Onkyo are most padded and softest,
but also smallest inside hole, and have most bass which I found overdone like my ed8..

The esw11LTD gets it right.
The Mikros has nice if nodded.

Now the Onkyo has details in the bass, whereas before it was a bit too boomy..

Omg max ur amazing!! I love those akg 545 earpads and they look great on ur onkyos. I would totally grab the white pair with the white 545 earpads omggg.... im just imagining how great that would be!

Any changes in the rest of the sound from stock? Aside from bass??

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #244 of 287
It has larger impactfull sound... The bass turned from bassy to impactfull and everything is alive and energetic and large.
perfect mids & trebles
:)
Edit:
I would say the tonality is similar yet the mids and treble seem a bit more in depth and forward from stock giving the larger sonic impression...
Larger than the Nad50 or Focal Spirit Pro which I owned...

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #246 of 287
It has larger impactfull sound... The bass turned from bassy to impactfull and everything is alive and energetic and large.
perfect mids & trebles
:)
Edit:
I would say the tonality is similar yet the mids and treble seem a bit more in depth and forward from stock giving the larger sonic impression...
Larger than the Nad50 or Focal Spirit Pro which I owned...

wow that sounds amazing

i only had a short time with the nad 50 and the spirit pro and i really loved how they sound

the nad 50 the biggest killer was the headband, and the earcups are a just a bit too large and square. i would use those for home use if i had them. these onkyos are great looking enough to wear outside with every outfit.

been searching for the akg 545 replacement earpads the last 1/2 hour and came up empty =(. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #247 of 287
Original AKG pads not for sell anywhere unless you go thru company.

They are loose though and I feel the others I tried fit best.

These cans although intense, impactfull like an lcd and detailed. ..
They don't have the soundstage of the AKG or my ed8 & if I only haf these I would be happy for a long long time..
I only prefer the ed8 over these as the AKG is a bit to delicate and boomy with shure pads. ..
but the AKG545 are over ear so you need switch padson the Onkyo as well to compete. .
stock on ear pads of the Onkyo300 have excellent balanced sound regardless but with pad swap is bigger and less fat bads & more detail & impact..
it pays to swap pads for more balanced sound.

I consider the AKG545 & Onkyo 300 two best portables aproaching top portable status of a sony7520 or ed8 or AT esw11...

Check my sig for comments on all the dam cans I tried..

With both having pad swap to :
Increase AKG bass incredibly
Increase Onkyo size and sound leaner more impactfull large bass and more detail than before yet more forward than AKG.
AKG ia sweeter and both have more detail than other cans I tried except for the ed8 & AT esw11...

I haven't mentioned Mikros90 as that is a DIY project to bring to this level of both comfort and over ear sound..

I am now considering selling my onkyo as my son prefers the more sleeker and basssyer/sweeter AKG .. it is still more colored signature because of it,
While the Onkyo300 is more reference with the bigger pads. ..

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #249 of 287
The K545 is more attractive, but IMO doesn't have the balance the FC300 has. Nice observations.

you are on point and I would also add that the detailing on thr onkyo is full range,
Whereas the AKG545 detailing is more in the treble & upper mid area.
AKG detailing probably more balanced with stock pads but bass was anemic without the Shure pads.

Trying pads on the Onkyo changes the moderate bass boost into more even large impactfull type bass.
this Onkyo is probably one of most detailed cans I herd.
Being able to pick apart difficult to make out lyrics, and having more of that sense of realism is a part of having good detailing,
Yet Soundstage is another story and why I tried new pads, but these cans remain forward, just larger..

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #251 of 287
Is it easy to find afternarket AKG545 pads?

Even though this is a late post i got a reply back from the AKG

if your in the states you can easily contact AKG just for the earpads for all my fellow canadian buyers see below (a copy of the reply) for pricing 

Sure thing. Here’s that parts info along how you can place an order if you’d like. 

Part #: MCUEPK545BRBA
EARPAD 90MM LEFT – WHITE
Cost: $11.46 ea. + tax

ETA approx. 4 to 6 weeks from date of purchase

Part #: MCUEPK545BRCA

EARPAD 90MM RIGHT – WHITE

Shipping: $9.95 + tax

Should you wish to place your order kindly confirm back along with your day time telephone # and mailing address.

Once we’re ready to process the order we’ll give you a call for your payment information. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express.

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #252 of 287
   Even though this is a late post i got a reply back from the AKG

if your in the states you can easily contact AKG just for the earpads for all my fellow canadian buyers see below (a copy of the reply) for pricing 

Sure thing. Here’s that parts info along how you can place an order if you’d like. 

Part #: MCUEPK545BRBA
EARPAD 90MM LEFT – WHITE

Part #: MCUEPK545BRCA

EARPAD 90MM RIGHT – WHITE

Shipping: $9.95 + tax

Should you wish to place your order kindly confirm back along with your day time telephone # and mailing address.

Once we’re ready to process the order we’ll give you a call for your payment information. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express.

Thanks for the information. :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #253 of 287
My original cable stopped working after i pulled on them and replacements cost $50. I got the shure replacements from ebay but they fall out easily b/c of the shape of the connector. Any ideas what to do b/c i was planning on selling them.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #254 of 287
My original cable stopped working after i pulled on them and replacements cost $50. I got the shure replacements from ebay but they fall out easily b/c of the shape of the connector. Any ideas what to do b/c i was planning on selling them.

If I am not mistaken I see the same type plug on the newer Ultrasone ed8.
:frowning2:

If so you can try these:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32216483477.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back