New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Jan 4, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #16 of 952
The PD has such great battery life because it uses a very low powered amp. The fact that the PD2 can output quadruple the power as the PD and still manage 45 hours is outstanding. Puts the competition to shame, who struggle to make it over 10 hours on average.

I'll accept that compromise.

The UI on the other hand has to be nothing short of a night and day difference. The D1's is pretty clunky, even with the patches. Less features and less responsive than the older J3 and S9 I used to have.

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 952
4.0 vrms output power almost has to be a typo at this price and with the stated battery life. That's the same amount of power the top of the line plenue L pushes and is much higher than remotely necessary at this price. The plenue R pushes 1.6 Vrms and will still be a step up from this in terms of pricing. I'm guessing the spec is 1.4 vrms, or else they're nuking their existing product line....

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #18 of 952
Still no JE 7 and no level meters :frowning2:. But with the 4.0vrms and twice the internal memory, might upgrade my PD to this. I need those level meters though! Lol.

The battery is removable? And they give you an extra battery too? Will the extra battery be 45hours also??

Also, any ideas when, Amazon, AMP3 etc will get it in stock? And what about price and release date?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #20 of 952
Still no JE 7 and no level meters :frowning2:. But with the 4.0vrms and twice the internal memory, might upgrade my PD to this. I need those level meters though! Lol.

The battery is removable? And they give you an extra battery too? Will the extra battery be 45hours also??

Also, any ideas when, Amazon, AMP3 etc will get it in stock? And what about price and release date?

It's worth remembering that this only costs circa £250, it already offers a lot for that price. The 4.0vrms was mentioned in a couple of places on Cowons website, whether it's correct or not only time will tell. Level meters are just level meters. It looks like the battery is removable but the extra battery is being given out at events promoting it, it's clearly written. If it's anything like the Plenue 2 mk 2 it could be a while before we see it, hopefully not though. It's all speculation apart from the facts we know now. Hopefully it'll pop up on the Global site soon.

I hope this thread doesn't derail into misinformation. We just have to be patient. It's only a music player after all.

EDIT:- Here's an article (in French) implying it will be £300 - £350 here in the UK. As I said, 'speculation' so take with a Pinch of Salt. The 4.0vrms is also reiterated in this article although I get the feeling from reading it that they haven't actually had their hands on one yet :-

https://audioduvillage.fr/cowon-plenue-d2-nouveau-petit-frere/

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #21 of 952
It's worth remembering that this only costs circa £250, it already offers a lot for that price. The 4.0vrms was mentioned in a couple of places on Cowons website, whether it's correct or not only time will tell. Level meters are just level meters. It looks like the battery is removable but the extra battery is being given out at events promoting it, it's clearly written. If it's anything like the Plenue 2 mk 2 it could be a while before we see it, hopefully not though. It's all speculation apart from the facts we know now.

I hope this thread doesn't derail into misinformation. We just have to be patient. It's only a music player after all.

EDIT:- Here's an article (in French) implying it will be £300 - £350 here in the UK. As I said, 'speculation' so take with a Pinch of Salt. The 4.0vrms is also reiterated in this article although I get the feeling from reading it that they haven't actually had their hands on one yet :-

https://audioduvillage.fr/cowon-plenue-d2-nouveau-petit-frere/

Well said. Chances that it has USB type C?

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 952
The PD has such great battery life because it uses a very low powered amp. The fact that the PD2 can output quadruple the power as the PD and still manage 45 hours is outstanding. Puts the competition to shame, who struggle to make it over 10 hours on average.

I agree plus it's Dual DAC so that'll drain the battery. Figures are stating 45 hours for MP3, 30 for Hi Res.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #25 of 952
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #28 of 952
Seriously. The specs on this are crazy, no wonder they have been selling the older models for cheap lately, might have to return the plenue 2 and just get this instead.... Why not include the 10 band EQ and jet effect 7 though?

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #29 of 952
The more I think about this, the more it seems to me that if this comes in at the £250 price point it would be in direct competition with the IBasso DX120. Both have similar Specs and both have distinct advantages over each other, depending on your priorities. It seems to be a good time to be buying 'No Frills' DAPs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back