New Member Introductions thread
Sep 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #496 of 15,615
  Thanks @moedawg140
Its ironic of all welcoming members you were the one to post, because i did indeed learn a few months back from you that when I get around to buying a pair of SE846's I should try a pair of  full shell sleeves for them. I had custom sleeves made for an old pair of Bose triport - in ear models and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth. So thank you for that wonderful review of your pair of Sensaphonics. 

Princess Zero <3 

Hi Princess,

That is pretty ironic!  I'm glad I was able to help you out regarding purchasing custom sleeves and thank you for the kind words regarding the review.  

If you do decide to purchase the SE846 (and the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves), make sure to use one of Sensaphonics' Gold Circle Audiologist in your area as they have been trained with Sensaphonics and know their product and procedures more than any other audiologist.  Oh, and don't quote me on this, but your experience with Sensaphonics won't leave you with a bad taste in your mouth, only minty freshness!  If you purchase them, please feel free to ask any questions and/or post your impressions of the custom sleeves on the review thread.

Good luck! 
beerchug.gif
 (root beer in my glass)

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #497 of 15,615
Hi,

I am a noob here, found the forum by Almi's X-Fi hotroding post. Will try to learn from you pros.

My audio setup is not High End just have these

X-Fi Titanium (mostly use this one as i like its Crystallize feature)
Asus Xonar D2

Some old Senheisser Head Phones Reference 450 ( i guess)

and that's about it

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #499 of 15,615
Hi All.. Noob here and have recently dwell into this hobby.. This forum is my main source for research when getting new toys.. Cheers.. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #501 of 15,615
A greeting from Italy... I have been lurking this forum for a while now, but I have signed up just now since I am totally stuck in choosing my new headphones, and the more reviews I read, the more I get confused... Lol, anyway, I am Simone and wanted to say hi, your forum and website is an infinite source of information for headphones lover... ^^

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #502 of 15,615
A greeting from Italy... I have been lurking this forum for a while now, but I have signed up just now since I am totally stuck in choosing my new headphones, and the more reviews I read, the more I get confused... Lol, anyway, I am Simone and wanted to say hi, your forum and website is an infinite source of information for headphones lover... ^^

I too have been lurking the forum for awhile! thanks for all the great advice everyone! Greetings from Chicago

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #503 of 15,615
I've upgraded everyone in the last couple of pages so now everyone should be able to fill in your profile and change your avatar.

By the way, Gmail users: Please check that Head-Fi emails aren't being filtered as spam. 

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #504 of 15,615
For anyone looking to try a lot of gear in a short time, I would like to invite you to CanJam 2014. 
smile.gif

Not only will there be a veritable cornucopia of gear from exhibiting manufacturers, but attending Head-Fiers often bring their own rigs to share as well.  It's a wonderful place to form impressions, and share impressions with others, in a condensed period of time.

And this year, we're also going to SHaG with our CanJam 2014 Scavenger Hunt & Giveaway...

...where you can win a fantastic piece of kit from a prize pool worth over $16,000!

While you're at it, come meet Jude and chat with him about gear, audio in general, or even music.  He'll be easy to recognize, he looks like this (moedawg can back me up on this):
 ​

So... come one, come all.  It's going to be fantastically fun time. 
smile.gif
  Hope to see you there!

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #505 of 15,615
For anyone looking to try a lot of gear in a short time, I would like to invite you to CanJam 2014.  :smile:

Not only will there be a veritable cornucopia of gear from exhibiting manufacturers, but attending Head-Fiers often bring their own rigs to share as well.  It's a wonderful place to form impressions, and share impressions with others, in a condensed period of time.

And this year, we're also going to SHaG with our CanJam 2014 Scavenger Hunt & Giveaway...

...where you can win a fantastic piece of kit from a prize pool worth over $16,000!

While you're at it, come meet Jude and chat with him about gear, audio in general, or even music.  He'll be easy to recognize, he looks like this (moedawg can back me up on this):

So... come one, come all.  It's going to be fantastically fun time.  :smile:   Hope to see you there!

Yes, you are absolutely correct, Jude looks exactly like that! In person though, he may very well be even more animated, which is refreshing, to say the least! :bigsmile_face:

It would be nice to go, hopefully I'll be able to, gotta check my grad school schedule...

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #506 of 15,615
Yes, you are absolutely correct, Jude looks exactly like that! In person though, he may very well be even more animated, which is refreshing, to say the least!
bigsmile_face.gif

RIGHT?! 
biggrin.gif

Easy to talk to as well.  At last year's CanJam, a friend of mine was all nervous to meet him.  He kept nudging me to introduce him to Jude.  I remember thinking "man, if you only knew... all you need to do is be within a certain radius and make brief eye contact.  He'll introduce himself to you and you guys will just start chatting."  He was still nervous and asked me for an introduction anyway.  But we both know it wasn't really necessary. 
wink.gif

It would be nice to go, hopefully I'll be able to, gotta check my grad school schedule...

Wait, really?  Would be great to see you [again] there!  If you can possibly make it, please try. 
smile.gif
  Gonna be a yabba dabba doo time!

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #507 of 15,615
Hey my name is Auron, new here because I really want a good pair of headphones and a friend of mine recommended this place. Immediately made an account after seeing my desired headphones in the 'sell headphones' thread

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #508 of 15,615

RIGHT?! 
biggrin.gif

Easy to talk to as well.  At last year's CanJam, a friend of mine was all nervous to meet him.  He kept nudging me to introduce him to Jude.  I remember thinking "man, if you only knew... all you need to do is be within a certain radius and make brief eye contact.  He'll introduce himself to you and you guys will just start chatting."  He was still nervous and asked me for an introduction anyway.  But we both know it wasn't really necessary. 
wink.gif

Wait, really?  Would be great to see you [again] there!  If you can possibly make it, please try. 
smile.gif
  Gonna be a yabba dabba doo time!

Yeah, Jude (and everyone else) at the meet up were very easy to talk to.  I am still surprised he knew enough about wrestling (real) to have a good conversation about it, as I'm well aware it isn't the most popular of sports in this country.

Thanks for wanting to see lil ol' moi again.  It would be nice to see you again as well!  I'll definitely be trying to go.  Glad that it's during weekend days, so it will be easier for me (and others, I'm sure) to finagle ways to make the epic meet.  If I can make it, awesome, if not, I'll see you at the next one in California!
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #509 of 15,615
Hi
I can so recommend Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 -  These are magical and not a bad price if you was to consider second hand... I tried many of the so called top headphones and these had the X Factor !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back