New logo
Jul 27, 2001 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Apheared

You call that an amp? THIS is an amp!
1) The headphones look extremely like the Dolby headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

2) The artist doesn't check on an LCD too... the antialiasing on the small text destroys it for LCD use. It's tolerable, but just so ya know.

Jul 27, 2001 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Apheared
1) The headphones look extremely like the Dolby headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

2) The artist doesn't check on an LCD too... the antialiasing on the small text destroys it for LCD use. It's tolerable, but just so ya know.

Are you talking about this?
DHlogo_77x53.gif

There aren't really too many ways you can logo a simple pair of headphones.

Here's HeadRoom's:
bot1home.gif

Napster's:
logo.gif

Here's Head-Fi's:
head-fi-3.gif

I can guarantee you that our graphic designer didn't pattern the Head-Fi headphones after Dolby's logo or HeadRoom's.

Regarding the anti-aliasing: I'm using a 15.4" LCD screen on a Dell Inspiron 7500, and the letters look fine. Apheared, what's it looking like on yours?

Jul 27, 2001 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 23
I like the logo, but I don't like the color very much. maybe you guys could mess around with that a bit...

are there any other logos so far?

Jul 27, 2001 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 23
I second Neruda's opinion on the logo.

Jul 27, 2001 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 23
It looks fine on my Iiyama CRT @ 1280 x 1024 @ 32bpp

One slight criticism (suggestion) though... shouldn't the "h" of head-fi be capitalised?... if not... then... cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 23
I have to second what has been said about the colors, definitely not my cup of tea. But then again, I am not an art critic, just a personal opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing the other options....
wink.gif

Legoman

Jul 27, 2001 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 23
THE LOGO KICKS ASS!!! Way to GO! It looks very cool IMO. My only complaint, although not really one, is that the difference in logos on the splash page and the forums page is kin dof strange. But the logos themselves are both great IMO!!

Jul 27, 2001 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 23
The red and black looks much better! My one suggestion is to extend the box all the way around the headphones. Leave that space white, just extend the box. Then it'd be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back