New iRiver AK70
Nov 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #751 of 1,293
I´m sure Mateus will make you a great cable :)
I´m just wondering, and maybe that´s what you want, an L shaped to L shaped microB to microB. Not sure FAW has that for an option.

Nice ak70 review, probably you know it:
http://www.headfonia.com/review-astellkern-ak70-geniality/
There are few cables mentioned on the review. But I´m sure FAW are much better quality! 

Yeah I've read the review on Headfonia, its a very good review. As for the cable, I am thinking about L shaped connectors but I really need custom ones haha. When you look straight at the usb socket, I want the cable to go straight down instead of to the right or left as with conventionnal Lshaped connectors. Yeah I might be too picky but hey, it would be great if Mateusz could make one just for me right? He's done some great custom jobs before.

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #752 of 1,293
The story continues,
yesterday I received 3rd AK70 in a row and it has still the same problem. I am now totally crazy about it.
American iriver support said that MOOV app is available worldwide with firmware v1.10, so that I had propably 2 faulty devices.
German iriver support said that MOOV app is only for chinese market.
Czech reseller (I am from Slovakia) said that they have MOOV app in their players.

Every device I have purchased had installed firmware v1.10 - MOOV app doesnt exist in Store Menu (Groovers+ only), and after turning on Wifi, I get 'N in a circle' in left upper corner of screen (new update available) for app, that doesnt exist on device, so logically Installation process ended always with an error - Neverending story again, again, again.

After upgrading to v1.30 Store menu contains Groovers+ and TIDAL and guess what? YES, and MOOV app NOT!!! And this neverending update message is back.

I cant believe it, that I am alone in a whole world with this problem and actually on 3rd device I have purchased (Slovakia, Europe)

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #753 of 1,293
Yeah I've read the review on Headfonia, its a very good review. As for the cable, I am thinking about L shaped connectors but I really need custom ones haha. When you look straight at the usb socket, I want the cable to go straight down instead of to the right or left as with conventionnal Lshaped connectors. Yeah I might be too picky but hey, it would be great if Mateusz could make one just for me right? He's done some great custom jobs before.

I´m sure he will do anything :) His cables are really well made. And they sound fantastic. 
I have an hybrid series for my Noble 3 and love it!

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #754 of 1,293
Any impressions of the AK70 vs. MOJO?
Anyone using it with SE846?

Thanks!

PS: this player is so cute 
redface.gif
 The size is awesome.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #755 of 1,293

I've not used a DAP that is as powerful as the AK380. In terms of current quality at top voltages, sure, you can get more 'powerful' DAPs, but not in terms of volume. 

The AK70 is a PARTICULARLY powerful player among the whole AK lineup. Power alone is almost (if not yet) on par with the AK380 without amp I'd say, and way more powerful than 120, 240 and 300s. Both the single end and balanced output are pretty impressive power-wise.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #756 of 1,293
Could someone advise me a good micro sd card brand for ak70?
Thank you very much!!

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #757 of 1,293
PLEASE GUYS, WRITE YOUR STATUS ABOUT MOOV APP. Do you have it in store menu or not? It is very important for me to know it. Thanks

The story continues,
yesterday I received 3rd AK70 in a row and it has still the same problem. I am now totally crazy about it.
American iriver support said that MOOV app is available worldwide with firmware v1.10, so that I had propably 2 faulty devices.
German iriver support said that MOOV app is only for chinese market.
Czech reseller (I am from Slovakia) said that they have MOOV app in their players.

Every device I have purchased had installed firmware v1.10 - MOOV app doesnt exist in Store Menu (Groovers+ only), and after turning on Wifi, I get 'N in a circle' in left upper corner of screen (new update available) for app, that doesnt exist on device, so logically Installation process ended always with an error - Neverending story again, again, again.

After upgrading to v1.30 Store menu contains Groovers+ and TIDAL and guess what? YES, and MOOV app NOT!!! And this neverending update message is back.

I cant believe it, that I am alone in a whole world with this problem and actually on 3rd device I have purchased (Slovakia, Europe)

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #759 of 1,293
I Have it!

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #760 of 1,293
I have it too .

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #761 of 1,293
  Could someone advise me a good micro sd card brand for ak70?
Thank you very much!!

Anything that is cheap and reputable will work (i.e. Sandisk, Adata, Samsung, Patriot, etc).

Don't go for the high end super fast stuff unless you really need it. Not worth 2-3x the price for a faster card. Although your time may be more valuable then mine.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #762 of 1,293

Anything that is cheap and reputable will work (i.e. Sandisk, Adata, Samsung, Patriot, etc).

Don't go for the high end super fast stuff unless you really need it. Not worth 2-3x the price for a faster card. Although your time may be more valuable then mine.

I agree.
If I am not mistaking, card speed is only "important" for writing, not for playback in a DAP.

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #763 of 1,293

Thank´s!
I see Astell & Kern refers to the max capacity being 128GB but many people use 200GB cards.
Why is that? Can I use a 200GB card and it works fine?

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #765 of 1,293

Thank´s!
I see Astell & Kern refers to the max capacity being 128GB but many people use 200GB cards.
Why is that? Can I use a 200GB card and it works fine?

I cannot certify for sure but if many people use 200 GB card, it should be possible for you to use it too.
It is just that some error messages may appear when you connect it to the PC (like "this card is corrupted, do you want to format it ?") but in that case you just skip it by answering No and do what you have to do.

However, you may consider that 200 GB micro SD card are quite expensive compared to 128 GB card (considering the storage / price ratio).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back