New iRiver AK70
Nov 18, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #781 of 1,293
i`m a bit torn between the ak70 and the jr. the most advantage of the ak70 is the abillity to stream music from my nas, but i can`t quite figure out how this will work -> i`ve seen a video on youtube about akconnect, where you needed a phone as the middleman between the nas and the dap. so here is my question: is it possible to connect directly from the dap to the nas or do i always need my phone/ipad/pc as a controller?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #782 of 1,293
  i`m a bit torn between the ak70 and the jr. the most advantage of the ak70 is the abillity to stream music from my nas, but i can`t quite figure out how this will work -> i`ve seen a video on youtube about akconnect, where you needed a phone as the middleman between the nas and the dap. so here is my question: is it possible to connect directly from the dap to the nas or do i always need my phone/ipad/pc as a controller?

Just tried yesterday the ak connect.
Works great! I have my iMac with the MQS Streaming server on and the ak70 can access all my music!
Don't need any control. It´s like you´re browsing on the music library of the AK.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #785 of 1,293

hm... msq streaming seems to be a software for PC or MAC but is there something similar for a synology nas? in other words: can someone confirm accessing a synology nas from an ak70 without having any other pc/smartphone/ipad running? just the NAS and the dap?

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #786 of 1,293
Wow, ok. I wonder why they would say this... Their cable must be enchanted or something.
Do they also have a paragraph concerning charging from something other than a PC? Like a phone charger for example?

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #787 of 1,293
luisandre Thanks! However, I really don't see how this helps us. All they are saying is we should charge the AK70 only with their own cable/adapter.
I don't see how using another USB cable would change anything, especially if it's just for charging.
It would be interesting to know what kind of malfunction they are refering to.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #788 of 1,293
@luisandre Thanks! However, I really don't see how this helps us. All they are saying is we should charge the AK70 only with their own cable/adapter.
I don't see how using another USB cable would change anything, especially if it's just for charging.
It would be interesting to know what kind of malfunction they are refering to.

I didn't even unpack the original USB cable, just using which ever is plugged in. This would the first time that I hear that original USB cable must be used. There some USB cables that are not wired for data transfer, just for power, maybe that is what they try to say?

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #789 of 1,293
...any word on the troubling EQ issue with the firmware?

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #790 of 1,293
...any word on the troubling EQ problem?

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #791 of 1,293
When using Android File Transfer for Mac to is it normal when one tries to drag and drop a folder with subfolders that contain the actual music files the operation always fails after creating only 1-2 of the internal folders with the error - "Cannot create folder". The only way to transfer such hierarchies (which are quite common - say you want to upload all works b an artist - it's the artist's directory with directories for each album inside) is by manually creating the folders and dragging and dropping files folder by folder. I would appreciate any impression that one might have with other MTP solutions for macOS - things like 'Commander One', etc.

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #792 of 1,293
Hey how does AK70 standalone compare to other entry dacs like DX80 and Fiio X5 etc.

I just received an AK70 for the purpose of a review. Compared it to my DX80. They sound INCREDIBLY similar. However, I found that the AK sounds just a little bit smoother, but less detailed than the DX80. Instrument separation and sound stage is also just a hair better on the DX80

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #795 of 1,293
Well, after not even 2 months of ownership and around 10 hours of listening, headphone jack on my AK70 broke,so it will have to go back to RedFli for warranty repair. I own numerous MP players and this is the very first that broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back