New iRiver AK70
Nov 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #766 of 1,293

I cannot certify for sure but if many people use 200 GB card, it should be possible for you to use it too.
It is just that some error messages may appear when you connect it to the PC (like "this card is corrupted, do you want to format it ?") but in that case you just skip it by answering No and do what you have to do.

However, you may consider that 200 GB micro SD card are quite expensive compared to 128 GB card (considering the storage / price ratio).

Thank´s!!
They are expensive indeed... :)
I might go for a 128gb with a standard speed. I think it´s abou 80 MB p/ sec.

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #767 of 1,293

Thank´s!
I see Astell & Kern refers to the max capacity being 128GB but many people use 200GB cards.
Why is that? Can I use a 200GB card and it works fine?

I'm using the Sandisk 200GB on my 300.

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #768 of 1,293

Thank´s!
I see Astell & Kern refers to the max capacity being 128GB but many people use 200GB cards.
Why is that? Can I use a 200GB card and it works fine?

I don't know if it's related, but I've been using 200gb card since day 1 and plays fine. However, every time I slide top drawer there is a message about sd card been unmounted and it is scanning. To be honest, don't have enough time to focus on that issue, since I am always short on time and have vast array of players, so every day I use different one. Oh, another thing it does appear that AK70 is not showing correct count of all songs, so maybe 200gb might not be fully compatible after all. The only thing is that it just keeps playing, never freezes unlike my Cowon PD when I tried to use 200gb card with it, or my Ibasso DX90 with 256gb SDXC via adapter.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #770 of 1,293
I can imagine that ak70 player might have an issue displaying a full 200 gb card, other wise I
don't see any reason for them to limit the advise for 128gb maximum.

Another question regarding charging the device:
Besides plugging it to a USB port, can I use a iPhone or iPad wall charge? Are those outputs compatible for charging the ak70?
Thanks for the help!

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #771 of 1,293
I can imagine that ak70 player might have an issue displaying a full 200 gb card, other wise I
don't see any reason for them to limit the advise for 128gb maximum.

Another question regarding charging the device:
Besides plugging it to a USB port, can I use a iPhone or iPad wall charge? Are those outputs compatible for charging the ak70?
Thanks for the help!

So far I've been charging my 320 using Anker 60W and 40W charger, seems ok

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #772 of 1,293
  I have 200Gb card in AK70 and Cowon PD either. No problem at all on any of them. Cards are not fully filled yet.

Somebody on  1 of the previous posts tested it and it is all well until he stays bellow 140gb . Once he crossed that limit player starts to behave erratically. So card size of 200gb it is not an issue until is filled with data.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #773 of 1,293
  has some of you experienced clicks due to electrostatic charging/discharging? having the ak70 in the pocket of my cotton jacket it seems to discharge frictional electricity resulting in loud clicks in the earphones. this is damn annoying.

nobody experienced that?

edit: i have moov by the way (germany here).

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #774 of 1,293
No, never any click.
PS not streaming with AK70, just downloads.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #776 of 1,293
I am using it while walking , sometimes in the pocket of my shirt , sometimes in the pocket of my jeans , sometilmes in the pocket of my jackets. and never , ever did i have such clicking problem.
I think your issue is elsewhere... may be your headphone , or your source. 
Also Sometimes I do stream audio files from my NAS via wifi, never had any such problem.
Hallf of my files are High res 24 bits Half are ALAC files 16/44.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #777 of 1,293
  I am using it while walking , sometimes in the pocket of my shirt , sometimes in the pocket of my jeans , sometilmes in the pocket of my jackets. and never , ever did i have such clicking problem.
I think your issue is elsewhere... may be your headphone , or your source. 
Also Sometimes I do stream audio files from my NAS via wifi, never had any such problem.
Hallf of my files are High res 24 bits Half are ALAC files 16/44.

thank you for you reply. i'll try different phones. it is definately comming from electrostatic discharges. maybe it's the material of the clothes i wear.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #778 of 1,293
Quote:
  has some of you experienced clicks due to electrostatic charging/discharging? having the ak70 in the pocket of my cotton jacket it seems to discharge frictional electricity resulting in loud clicks in the earphones. this is damn annoying.

Quote:
  nobody experienced that?

YES - I have had the AK70 for about a week and when I was listening yesterday for 2-3 hours, I noticed that if I let a track finish and I then scrolled through the SD Card folders to select another track whilst there was silence, I noticed some very faint 'pops' or 'clicks' - I thought this was my imagination to start with but I definitely had it happen a few times. I don't think it has anything to do with electrostatic discharges from being next to clothes, as I was just sitting in a chair with the AK70 in my hand at the time!?  I will keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse but I didn't notice it during songs (although once I had heard it between tracks, I thought I heard it right at the beginning of a track a few times but I'm not sure if that was just my mind playing tricks in the end!!)

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #779 of 1,293
a friend of mine is trying to get me to ditch my ipod touch 6/mojo brick for this ak70
(i also stream spotify premium and tidal hifi as well as 
anyone done so?...and is the sound that much different?)

sure i hate the /weight/cumbersome brick feel but is more $$$.

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #780 of 1,293
Where have you read this? Did it specify for what use? (Charging/File transfer/digital out)

Found it! Last paragraph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back