May 20, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #571 of 877
this is mine after 25 Min..I don't try to go any further

Attachments

• IMG20240519202159.jpg
    IMG20240519202159.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 20, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #572 of 877
this is mine...a little too much
the problem is that it becomes very annoying to hold in my hand, that is, I can hold it but it is really hot and walking while holding it in my hand is too hot, you sweat and it creates discomfort
hiby,have already initiated a return for me, fast and professional!!!!

Attachments

• IMG20240519195522.jpg
    IMG20240519195522.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20240519202159.jpg
    IMG20240519202159.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #573 of 877
Good evening everyone, my name is Nicola and I'm writing from Italy, I received the R4 a few days ago and mine also warms up quite a bit, I use it with low gain, 4.4 cable and KZ ZS 10 PRO headphones, I also set the battery charge battery at 80% but does not stop and continues charging up to 100%
I listen to music from the SD card both FLAC and DSD
Thank you for your purchase and I'm sorry to hear about the issue.

Keep in mind that headquarters staff may not be able to emails on a Sunday.

Once they come back online, they will instruct you to carry a few tests on the R4.

They will have further details, but so far I know it involves using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw

One would look for the "quiet-therm-adc" entry in the list of temperatures in Device Info HW.

You would start the test by with the device having more than 30% charge while the USB charger is unplugged. (charge to at least 30% if not)

The "quiet-therm-adc" needs to be below 40 degrees Celsius at the start of the test. Disconnect headphones and let the device rest until this is true, if the device is too hot to start with.

Connect headphones to either 3.5mm or 4.4mm output and start playing music.

*if quiet-therm-adc rises above 45 degrees celsius within 15 min. of this, while the outside environmental temperature is no different from the start, the device may be regarded as defective.

*if quiet-therm-adc does not rise above 45 degrees, or rises above 45 degrees only after more than 15 minutes, the rate of heat generation is considered within normal range and can be effectively dealt with by existing heat dissipation mechanisms.

*Staff responding to emails shall be the final arbiter of the test results, in case I missed anything above. But you can try conducting the above test first.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 20, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #574 of 877
Glad I am not planning to order an R4 for a couple more months. Hopefully this overheating issue will be sorted by then. I know it is only a few units with the issue but it is still a gamble I would rather not take if possible.

May 20, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #575 of 877
Grazie per l'acquisto e mi dispiace per il problema.

Tieni presente che il personale della sede centrale potrebbe non essere in grado di inviare e-mail di domenica.

Una volta tornati online, ti ordineranno di effettuare alcuni test sulla R4.

Avranno ulteriori dettagli, ma finora so che implica l'uso di questa app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw

Si dovrebbe cercare la voce "quiet-therm-adc" nell'elenco delle temperature in Device Info HW.

Inizierai il test con il dispositivo con una carica superiore al 30% mentre il caricabatterie USB è scollegato. (in caso contrario addebitare almeno il 30%)

All'inizio del test il "quiet-therm-adc" deve essere inferiore a 40 gradi Celsius. Scollega le cuffie e lascia riposare il dispositivo finché ciò non avviene, se il dispositivo è troppo caldo per iniziare.

Collega le cuffie all'uscita da 3,5 mm o 4,4 mm e inizia a riprodurre la musica.

*se il quiet-therm-adc supera i 45 gradi Celsius entro 15 minuti. di ciò, sebbene la temperatura ambientale esterna non sia diversa da quella di partenza, il dispositivo può essere considerato difettoso.

*se il quiet-therm-adc non supera i 45 gradi, o supera i 45 gradi solo dopo più di 15 minuti, la velocità di generazione del calore è considerata entro l'intervallo normale e può essere gestita efficacemente dai meccanismi di dissipazione del calore esistenti.

*Il personale che risponde alle e-mail sarà l'arbitro finale dei risultati del test, nel caso in cui mi sia sfuggito qualcosa sopra. Ma puoi provare prima a condurre il test sopra.

Distinti saluti,
Giuseppe Yeung
Ciao Musica
Hi Joe, thank you for your interesting, I ran the test and after 15 minutes the temperature didn't go above 35-37 degrees, I'll do more tests and then I'll write it here. The problem of the battery charge remains, if I set it to 80% it shouldn't go further, instead it goes to 100%.

May 20, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #576 of 877
Thank you for your purchase and I'm sorry to hear about the issue.

Keep in mind that headquarters staff may not be able to emails on a Sunday.

Once they come back online, they will instruct you to carry a few tests on the R4.

They will have further details, but so far I know it involves using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw

One would look for the "quiet-therm-adc" entry in the list of temperatures in Device Info HW.

You would start the test by with the device having more than 30% charge while the USB charger is unplugged. (charge to at least 30% if not)

The "quiet-therm-adc" needs to be below 40 degrees Celsius at the start of the test. Disconnect headphones and let the device rest until this is true, if the device is too hot to start with.

Connect headphones to either 3.5mm or 4.4mm output and start playing music.

*if quiet-therm-adc rises above 45 degrees celsius within 15 min. of this, while the outside environmental temperature is no different from the start, the device may be regarded as defective.

*if quiet-therm-adc does not rise above 45 degrees, or rises above 45 degrees only after more than 15 minutes, the rate of heat generation is considered within normal range and can be effectively dealt with by existing heat dissipation mechanisms.

*Staff responding to emails shall be the final arbiter of the test results, in case I missed anything above. But you can try conducting the above test first.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music
Thank you so much. I'm testing right now. It seems that quiet-therm-adc reachs 44,5 deg... is it not too hot in any case for 15 minutes playing?

May 20, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #578 of 877
Right now 45,8... something sure wrong...
Please discuss with hello@hiby.com . The test is taken over 15 minutes, the question is how quickly the temperature rises. For extended usage, it is possible for the temperature to exceed the threshold given in normal usage...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 20, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #579 of 877
Hi @Joe Bloggs. I saw this user on Facebook post that they have gotten a firmware update for their R4. I haven't seen any official post from Hiby about a new update, and no one else has posted about it as far as I can tell. Do you have any more info about why I am unable to upgrade to this new firmware?

Capture R4.PNG

May 20, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #580 of 877
Hi @Joe Bloggs. I saw this user on Facebook post that they have gotten a firmware update for their R4. I haven't seen any official post from Hiby about a new update, and no one else has posted about it as far as I can tell. Do you have any more info about why I am unable to upgrade to this new firmware?

Edit: the update is given in the beta firmware update stream.

Last edited:

May 20, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #581 of 877
Have you checked what firmware version you're on right now?

Never mind, it worked just now. I I'm currently on 1.00-20240327-1125, and when I tried last night and earlier this morning, I wasn't getting the update. After toggling on the Beta function, it just now at around 10:10am Eastern time, the update came through. Thanks.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #585 of 877
Hi, I’d like to ask what player do you guys recommend on a device like the R4 ?
It’s been a while since I had an android device and this is my first DAP.

The hiby music app is not cutting it for me, it keeps restarting after waking the device from sleep mode, even while music is still playing in the background.

I tried Poweramp and so far it’s my favorite in terms off user interface, customization and it is way snappier. Unfortunately it’s not bit perfect… does it really matter if most of my local library is 16bit 44.1khz FLAC with several 24bit 96khz albums ?

Also I did the overheating test and it seems that my unit is fine, after 30 min of playback, quiet-therm-adc was at 30°C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back