New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp
Feb 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 220
For the prototype I was a little worried about stacking & heat affecting the HP-P1 or whatever DAP used on the top. However the side heat sinks/dissipator really just dissipated the heat through the sides. Top & bottom didn't generate excess eat.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #22 of 220
Please keep us posted. Are they planning any solid state amp with the same casing? That would be just superb. 
AFAIK, no SS amp yet. They will probably say look at the HP-P1 for SS amp.

Even this HP-V1 prototype is so early in its phase. Target release is before year end. The demo at the show didn't even have all the advertised features. So it's very subject to change.

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 220
Quote:
AFAIK, no SS amp yet. They will probably say look at the HP-P1 for SS amp.

Even this HP-V1 prototype is so early in its phase. Target release is before year end. The demo at the show didn't even have all the advertised features. So it's very subject to change.

Absolutely agree, HP-P1 is the SS for Fostex portable. It is so exciting to see where Fostex goes with there product developments, probably because I really like the HP-P1, I'd be silly enough to keep it around if only to use it as paper weight. Everything looks like HP-PV is going to  be a marvellous adjunct to the HP-P1, we shall see come years end hopefully.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #24 of 220
@AnakChan
I read your review on Fostex TH600. Nice review btw ! I saw u had your time with this V1. For Amp section alone..which one better, HP-P1 or HP-V1? Just curious about this black beauty... :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #25 of 220
I e-talked to Fostex last week and the HP-V1 is still on track. Possibly I didn't follow closely enough since I missed the Fujiya May Festival but I thought all had gone dark with the HP-V1. However Fostex mentioned to me last week that they sorted out an issue and still going ahead as planned.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #26 of 220
Quote:
I e-talked to Fostex last week and the HP-V1 is still on track. Possibly I didn't follow closely enough since I missed the Fujiya May Festival but I thought all had gone dark with the HP-V1. However Fostex mentioned to me last week that they sorted out an issue and still going ahead as planned.

Fostex is working their magics.

Also, please keep up the investigations AnakChan, much appreciated.

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #29 of 220
Nope, just amp (as of now...but specs are always subject to change during prototypes?). No release date but just initially quoted to be "later in the year".

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #30 of 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back