New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Dec 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #886 of 3,599

Quote:
How is the HA-5000ANV going for those people that are using it? I remember the one I tried being a bit bright and harsh, so I'm wondering if that changes with time.

Stop scaring people in the middle of the night!  
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #887 of 3,599
The best impressions I could find on the internet are from Phile Web - but obviously some issues with Google translation!

Was released in the year 2005 "AT-HA5000" to brush up, and specifications Asada cherry tree Hokkaido finishing lacquer Echizen upscale from ebony stripe the front panel headphone amplifiers Limited to commemorate its 50th anniversary "AT- HA5000ANV "it. 

AT the 50th anniversary of its founding headphone amplifier-HA5000ANV​

Appearance is the 40th anniversary model was released exactly 10 years ago, "AT-HA2002" + Asada cherry lacquer panels, the specification is the same, which is based on "AT-HA5000" itself, "AT-HA2002" more Because wearing a more polished sound also will look completely different may be seen as even similar. 

The heart of the amplifier and high power MOS-pure Class-A circuitry and using FET, without seeking to compromise the high frequency phase shift and gain a view to put broadband characteristic sound and SACD playback Hi-Res that. To adopt a Neutrik headphone jack is reliable. The power unit was adopted without R-core transformer magnetic flux leakage and vibration. The volume knob is also machined aluminum products used, combined with the texture of the lacquer, that produce a feeling of luxury. 

The internal structure of AT-HA5000ANV (10/13 shot at new product launches).​

These points are the traditional "AT-HA5000" but that is to follow, or introduce a different point of titanium plates to reduce unwanted vibration for a minute R-core transformer, the Akuwaie with high damping characteristics Paste the roof, but that it also suppresses unwanted vibration of the housing. 

The base is equipped with insulator​

Measures to be high-quality power cord that comes with a larger change. The first conductor wire gold, 6N-OFC, triple well structure incorporates specially designed hybrid that combines three of OFC, to suppress unwanted vibration of the cable itself, the cable stabilizer wings night with a high damping used internally. Plugs and connectors in addition to the terminal of AC inlet that rhodium plating is applied to enable high-fidelity transmission. 

Structure used triple hybrid power cable designed specifically for​

Inputs are RCA "DC DIRECT" and "AC COUPLED" but two are available only valid either, usually does not use a coupling capacitor "DC DIRECT" is used. 

The back of the AT-HA5000ANV​

Inputs are RCA "DC DIRECT" and "AC COUPLED" but two are available, only valid for either​

To begin with, "Sennheiser HD650" and try to listen for a sound field in addition to the representation of moist lush, full of sound could be obtained fast convergence of realistic cool crisp finish. 

This classic deep sounding tone hall, good gloss comes 浮Ki立Tsu 粒立Chi fine needle fresh wind instrument melodies. With good spatial representation of the S / N, can panning 感Ji取Reta vividly. 

Following is a jazz instrument, the wood-based body resonance is very flexible, can be obtained by Arlen Roth also vividly well-stacked. Expands the sound good and clear sense of resolution, show the piano sound is crisp, tailored touch contour. Thickness of the bottom of the drum has a natural attack of the snare with a brush, the better the strength of the firm. The female vocals are sharp representation of the mouth, leaving a feeling of moisture and a neat depiction. 

Rock and Pop is a well-balanced rhythm tightening, the release felt good growth.Chopped crisp guitar, can be taken straightforwardly sense of glitter comes in crisp and gleaming keyboard. Discussion was exhilarating and vocal Haiton's Representative with a youthful gloss wet. 

Model has emerged as the 50th anniversary of its founding as "ATH-W3000ANV" that sound in combination with a solid layer increases the release of the kick and toms will be felt in the rich-sounding. Wind instruments and piano attack lushly clear, they sound spectacular also associated with high-resolution edge. Wood-based sense of resilience, however, has full organic texture, creating a sound world that contrasts the amorous feeling and clear sound. It's kind of tone is also very transparent smooth sound connection. 

Source [Album] 
Tokyo Symphony Orchestra / conductor Hubert Soudant ● classic "Bruckner: Symphony No. 7" (N & F: NF21202) 
● Jazz Oscar Peterson Trio "Please request" (Universal: UCCU-9407) 
· "Pure2 ~ Ultimate Cool Japan Jazz ~" (FIX: KIGA10) 
● Pop "Pure ~ AQUAPLUS LEGEND OF ACOUSTICS" (FIX: KIGA2) 
● Lock Journey "ESCAPE" (Sony: SICP20034 [Blu-spec CD])

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #888 of 3,599

Quote:
Appearance is the 40th anniversary model was released exactly 10 years ago, "AT-HA2002" + Asada cherry lacquer panels, the specification is the same, which is based on "AT-HA5000" itself, "AT-HA2002" more Because wearing a more polished sound also will look completely different may be seen as even similar. 

That could be interpreted in so many ways. Ugh.

Seems like he's saying "this is basically the HA5000, but looks more like the HA2002 and sounds better than the HA5000 because of some special damping paste I'm going to mention here in a minute."

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #891 of 3,599

Quote:
I wonder why a lot of people seem to have a problem with the fit of AT's.
I don't have a big head ... well, maybe I do but it's thin and they fit me just nicely with a good seal.
I also love the way they feel on your head, kindof weightless I'd say.

I'm a small, diminutive female and they fit me just fine. I dunno... maybe it's the shape of the head more than the size?

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #892 of 3,599
Could be. I'm tall and skinny, my head is in comparison I guess, meaning large but narrow.
Some headbobbing doesn't get them off my head, they stay perfectly in place.
Playing air guitar while banging would be a different story of course, but I guess that's the same with all cans.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #893 of 3,599
By the way MuppetFace, I see you have the LA2000. Big improvement over the stock version?
I was thinking of getting their new stage 1 & 2 DIY package for my D7000. Don't care much for the cable anyway. Certainly not at those prices.
I also wonder how one decides on the wood based on sonic preferences.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #894 of 3,599

Quote:
By the way MuppetFace, I see you have the LA2000. Big improvement over the stock version?
I was thinking of getting their new stage 1 & 2 DIY package for my D7000. Don't care much for the cable anyway. Certainly not at those prices.
I also wonder how one decides on the wood based on sonic preferences.

Lawton Audio asks you a few questions on your sonic preferences, and supposedly they can figure out what type of wood is best suited for them. I guess they just test out different woods? The hardness and other properties of the wood have subtle effects on the sound probably.

I definitely think the LA2000 sounds better than the D2000. I think most of that is due to the damping and earpad mods though. Still, I definitely love the look of the wood. Their cups are beautiful (second only to Audio-Technica's these days imo).

Some DIY efforts look kind of shoddy, but Lawton's are top notch. I proudly display my claro walnut LA2000 next to my other woodies.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #895 of 3,599
I saw the questions on their site. On their first two questions my answer would be too "broad" to be any useful for them. I will send them a detailed description of the sound I expect and see what they think.
They now seem to have "Museum Grade Hi-Gloss Finish". Bet it's shiny!  :)
I also love the look of fancy woods, not only for phones. Based solely on looks I'd go for their "Silky Oak" finish. I'll take another look at the "Claro Walnut" pics.

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #896 of 3,599

Quote:
I saw the questions on their site. On their first two questions my answer would be too "broad" to be any useful for them. I will send them a detailed description of the sound I expect and see what they think.
They now seem to have "Museum Grade Hi-Gloss Finish". Bet it's shiny!  :)
I also love the look of fancy woods, not only for phones. Based solely on looks I'd go for their "Silky Oak" finish. I'll take another look at the "Claro Walnut" pics.

They actually have woods that they use for "broad" selections. Sort of in-the-middle in terms of characteristics, like the claro walnut. I actually bought them used from a fellow head-fier, but it fit my tastes largely.

I think now-a-days they give you two choices based on your answers. So there is some choice in the end on the look of the cups.

Hmm. I wonder what the various AT woods are like in terms of their sonic properties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back