New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #1,111 of 1,588
Quote:

LOL!
Welcome to head-fi... :wink:

Go to the "Science" forum and look into any burn in debacle/discussion... the you'll understand...
To me, reading something such as "Yeah, after 500 hours God was slowly speaking up to my ears..." it's just... "outrageous" I guess. Maybe 500 hours gave your brain enough time to just like the sound... :wink:

Man, you're smug attitude is reeking through my computer. Calm it down, we're all here for the enjoyment.
I believe burn-in exist to a degree, but you're pretty much going to hear what the headphones have to offer straight from the get-go. Certain frequencies may tighten up or fill out a bit, but that's usually about it.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #1,112 of 1,588
I don't think I have a "smug" attitude, I'm just telling it like I see it (and probably how it is according to some headphone measurements...) I do think that a "degree" of burn-in exist in OTHER components though... just not headphone drivers...

But like you mentioned: "you're pretty much going to hear what the headphones have to offer straight from the get-go." I definitely agree with that. I just don't think that a headphone "changes" all of a sudden and makes you listen to things that were never there in the first place (be it more tightened bass, treble extension, etc...)

Anyway, like I mentioned before, just in case, I did not notice any changes on my D600s...

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,113 of 1,588
Quote:
I don't think I have a "smug" attitude, I'm just telling it like I see it (and probably how it is according to some headphone measurements...) I do think that a "degree" of burn-in exist in OTHER components though... just not headphone drivers...

But like you mentioned: "you're pretty much going to hear what the headphones have to offer straight from the get-go." I definitely agree with that. I just don't think that a headphone "changes" all of a sudden and makes you listen to things that were never there in the first place (be it more tightened bass, treble extension, etc...)

Anyway, like I mentioned before, just in case, I did not notice any changes on my D600s...

You originally came off like a prick, but it's all good. I agree, though. Plenty of people exaggerate because I don't think they understand that it takes the mind some time to get used to the headphones signature (mental burn-in). 

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #1,114 of 1,588
lol
My bad, that wasn't my intention! :wink:

I guess the main thing about this headphone though (d600) is that we expected more and we did not get that... Are they bad? Hell no. Do they "beat" the headphones they are supposed to replace (D5000)? To my ears, no!

But seeing that now in order to find a D5000 at a good price is becoming difficult, people will probably learn to live with this replacement...

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,115 of 1,588
I'm so glad I snagged a D2000 before they skyrocketed to $399....

on the upside, the D600s are also now $399 on Amazon. 

I think this is a bad marketing strategy. The new model is the same price as the old model... I guess there's no incentive to buy the new ones.. :p 

Just kidding, but seriously. The D2000s are worth more than the 600s in terms of sound quality. 

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #1,116 of 1,588
Denon is completely off my radar now. I am looking for some cans too with a fistful of cash, guess I'll be giving it somewhere else.

I love my D5K, was hoping to see a legitimate successor......sad.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #1,117 of 1,588
Quote:

Just my two cents on burn-in.  I have found that if I buy a headphone and listen out of the box, then say to myself it sounds pretty good, but will sound better with burn-in, what I really mean is that this headphone is good, but lacking or missing something that makes them less than satisfying, so maybe if I burn them in, their shortcomings will fix themselves.  I have found that never happens and if I like a headphone, I like it out of the box.  However, I also agree there may be some subtle smoothing out over time which may be the drivers, my auraul perception or a combination of both.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,118 of 1,588
Well, I've never really heard any people exactly praising the burn in on HD595s, yet I found a large change, so when I saw someone going crazy about burn in on the D600s, I assumed there must be some huge change.

I'm still planning on getting them if they even come close to the D5k. Unless someone knows of some crazy mod to make the 5ks portable?? lol -_-

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #1,119 of 1,588
[size=medium]I've just listened to a brand new pair (lacking the burn in, of course) connected to my CEntrance 1 ohm modified DACport, and although the bass and treble were quite impressive (although I think I found the bass slightly exaggerated, but pleasurable), I found voices in the midrange sounding a bit metallic, slightly alien. I didn't like that at all. I only listened for about 15 minutes and it was bit noisy around me. I'll see if I can borrow them for a while. Maybe it will change my perception. I certainly couldn't recommend the AH-D7100’s at this point.[/size]

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,120 of 1,588
Headphone.com has a little write up about the new range

http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=2524

Apparently they are good for a bass head audiophile :)

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #1,121 of 1,588
Quote:
Headphone.com has a little write up about the new range
http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=2524
Apparently they are good for a bass head audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif

surprised they were so blunt about it. Seems like everyone should hold onto those older models 
biggrin.gif

For more information on the new Denons or any other headphone please call 1-800-828-8184. A slightly disappointed headphone expert awaits your call.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #1,122 of 1,588
First post here, afterrunding ours of reading :)

Just got the D600. im running them on a samsung galaxy note 2. Will i get better sound using fiio e7 usb dac amp? Thinking of maybe buying one.

Any other dac amp to recommend? Or is the phone good enogh to drive the D600 by itself?

Thanks for the help.

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #1,123 of 1,588
Quote:
First post here, afterrunding ours of reading :)
Just got the D600. im running them on a samsung galaxy note 2. Will i get better sound using fiio e7 usb dac amp? Thinking of maybe buying one.
Any other dac amp to recommend? Or is the phone good enogh to drive the D600 by itself?
Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if you like them and just want to make them better or feel like they are lacking something that you would like to compensate for with amping, so I will just put this out there. Unfortunately, I gave up on getting a better sound out of these and returned them.  Now happy and content with UE6000 and M-100.

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #1,124 of 1,588
I think they sound good but I notice that when plugging it in my ipad 3 it sounds a bit better than when I use it on my galaxy note 2. So I wonder if getting a dac amp will lift the sound even more.?

Sorry for my bad English.

Will the note 2 or the ipad 3 be enough to run the denon d 600 to the fulles or will getting an external dac amp be better? :)

I also wonder if the short cable gives less sound than the long cable?
Thanks.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,125 of 1,588
Quote:
well today i brought my d2000's home from the office for a little comparing against the d600's right next to them.  i don't have a lot of time to screw around but i couldn't resist the following:  i just settled in to work on my mac pooter and i notice a free stream of muse's new upcoming record.  i don't follow these kids but i knowed they are pop-popular with the in-crowd.  so, the first song is some kind of 007 theme type o' thingy.  it rocks quite hard, my doves.  so the quality is whatever itunes/apple puts out there for free streaming. if you stop the stream at any point and start it again it starts over from the begin - see what i'm saying. 

the 600s are a sloppy mess but they ARE "box speakers on your head".  if you like rock and your neighbors have called the cops on you before, you will love this. i can actually feel my parents disappointment in me with these on.  i have let it roll into a few more bass heavy songs.  i've actually had to turn it down at this point.  i'm 3 or 4 songs in and the treble is ripping my ears but this could be the music itself.  anyway, it's kind of fun.

now, i'm going to play the same stuff for about 3 songs w the 2000s.  i notched up the volume one or two to compensate.  this first ditty is quite an aggressive music biscuit,  but it has been tamed a bit by the 2000s.  suddenly the whole thing seems a bit more grownup.  more control everywhere.  cleaner, less bass rumble.  these headphones sound "burned in," which they are, of course. yep, better, better, better.  still the parents would be disappointed if they even knew i was enjoying myself.  so it's our secret.

if your dumb (i know that's harsh but again, i think it's funny) be proud, buy yourself some 600s....like i did.

but if you feel like reading sometimes you better get moving on the 2000s. your time is almost up.  

now a girl must work.....(if i've offended anyone - take it easy - this is page 74 of headphone talk)  hey, i like these musers - they're like queen with 25% less queen.

Man, not what I wanted to hear. :'/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back