New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Aug 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #211 of 4,065
There is no leakage,fit is perfect as stated.....maybe It's just a question of me not being used to silicone.....don't know.....

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #212 of 4,065
Ps, to be precise, i was talking about isolation with music turned OFF.
When listening to music i don't hear a thing from the outside world!
Sorry if that had to be obvious and stated.

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #213 of 4,065
Another Pro 330 listening note: Treble... wow, a lot of extension.  I've read in numerous forums that BA drivers have trouble reaching high, but these sure as hell do.  Fortunately despite some small sibiliance there are no irritating spikes like I found in the Rockit R-50.

Not that this observation comes after listening to the Pro 330 using the iBasso D42, a very bright dac/amp.  Treble is more restrained out of the Sansa Clip Zip.

More to come.

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #214 of 4,065
Quote:
Another Pro 330 listening note: Treble... wow, a lot of extension.  I've read in numerous forums that BA drivers have trouble reaching high, but these sure as hell do.  Fortunately despite some small sibiliance there are no irritating spikes like I found in the Rockit R-50.

Not that this observation comes after listening to the Pro 330 using the iBasso D42, a very bright dac/amp.  Treble is more restrained out of the Sansa Clip Zip.

More to come.

I personally find sibilance can be heard only when poor mastering has been done on the recording, what do you think?

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #215 of 4,065
Quote:
I personally find sibilance can be heard only when poor mastering has been done on the recording, what do you think?

I think you're likely right.  The Pro 330 are more revealing than average off the shelf earphones so it will demonstrate a poor recording; though I'm not finding it difficult to enjoy even poorly mastered tracks with the 330. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #217 of 4,065
Quote:
I think you're likely right.  The Pro 330 are more revealing than average off the shelf earphones so it will demonstrate a poor recording; though I'm not finding it difficult to enjoy even poorly mastered tracks with the 330. 

+1

Quote:

+ 1

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #218 of 4,065
I got my Pro300 today. Great job Piotr, the fit is perfect! It has the best fit compared to my SE5 and Miracle. I never like acrylic and my SE5 is 2 years old so I guess my ear change a bit since then.

Like what Piotr mentioned before, it's truly a monitor quality. I love how accurate it sounds. I'm testing it just now with Led Zeppelin IV, Black Dog sounds fantastic, you can hear the drum stick cue clearly before every riffs start. 
My early impression: Pro330 is like a baby SE5, both of them shares similar quality and tuning. Compared to the Miracle, the Pro330 has less treble and a little less forward. I always find that Miracle has a V shaped tuning, Pro330 is flatter. I think the soundstage of the Pro330 is spot on, no fake football stadium soundstage but also not cramping everything to practice room/studio size. I'm very satisfied with it and glad that I spend my money getting it instead of SD3. My only remark is the Y spilt, I find it a bit too short.. I think 5 cm lower would be better. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #219 of 4,065
Quote:
I got my Pro300 today. Great job Piotr, the fit is perfect! It has the best fit compared to my SE5 and Miracle. I never like acrylic and my SE5 is 2 years old so I guess my ear change a bit since then.

Like what Piotr mentioned before, it's truly a monitor quality. I love how accurate it sounds. I'm testing it just now with Led Zeppelin IV, Black Dog sounds fantastic, you can hear the drum stick cue clearly before every riffs start. 
My early impression: Pro330 is like a baby SE5, both of them shares similar quality and tuning. Compared to the Miracle, the Pro330 has less treble and a little less forward. I always find that Miracle has a V shaped tuning, Pro330 is flatter. I think the soundstage of the Pro330 is spot on, no fake football stadium soundstage but also not cramping everything to practice room/studio size. I'm very satisfied with it and glad that I spend my money getting it instead of SD3. My only remark is the Y spilt, I find it a bit too short.. I think 5 cm lower would be better. 

Wow, they really wonderful. Nice impressions also. I wish they had detachable cables though, I would order one too, I was really interested but lack of detachable cable was a bummer. Anyway piotrus promised he will do some things about it
happy_face1.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #221 of 4,065
Quote:

Great impressions.  Though my ears hear a lot of very clear treble extension.  I think it's matching the Jh13pro for that.

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #222 of 4,065
It is for sure great value for the money! Especially with the introduction price.. I'd say the pro330 sounds like €600+ iem. I think the Pro330 sounds too similar to SE5, probably good for backup but not to complement SE5. When I ordered the Pro330, Piotr has something else in his mind but decided to change it. I'm actually glad that he change it to this final version. I'll use it as my main live stage monitor, and day to day travel. I'll save the SE5 only for studio use.

Nice impressions Jazz. Looks like great value for the money. Are they useful when you already have the se5?

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #223 of 4,065
I'm not talking about extension. It's more about forwardness.

Great impressions.  Though my ears hear a lot of very clear treble extension.  I think it's matching the Jh13pro for that.

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #225 of 4,065
Quote:
It is for sure great value for the money! Especially with the introduction price.. I'd say the pro330 sounds like €600+ iem. I think the Pro330 sounds too similar to SE5, probably good for backup but not to complement SE5. When I ordered the Pro330, Piotr has something else in his mind but decided to change it. I'm actually glad that he change it to this final version. I'll use it as my main live stage monitor, and day to day travel. I'll save the SE5 only for studio use.

I'd like like to hear more comparisons between those two after you've had more time to spend with them.  I've been wanting to try a silicone CIEM and not go so crazy in spending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back