New Beyer DT1350
Apr 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,546 of 4,010
Each person is entitled to their views but keep in mind that many people run different components within their rigs. I get no sibilance with my rig. I don't have a need to use EQ. If I did then it is time to change components.

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #1,547 of 4,010
Each to their own. If you are the type to throw ketchup all over everything you eat or wear rose tinted glasses full time then by all means use an EQ 

popcorn.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #1,548 of 4,010
Quote:
Listen swarthy, the fact that you can't hear harmonic distortion caused by your EQing gives you ZERO credibility with me and those who actually care about high FIDELITY. You use words like "perfect" to describe EQed up cans and yes this gets tiresome because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about and you love to repeat yourself and blanket apply your personal conclusions on other people. I'm happy EQing makes you happy go ahead, but don't assume nobody else has ears too. Beats by Dr. Dre Studios has an EQ chip built into the headphone, perhaps this can also be called "perfection"

I consider you be a blight on this thread and wonder why you haven't created a seperate thread related to EQ or EQing Dt1350s. Just sayin.

What kind of crappy EQ are you using that introduces harmonic distortion?

How many equalizers do you think all your music has been through before before it gets to you?

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #1,549 of 4,010
Anyone feel like moving on from EQ and describe what is the Beyer House Sound in their mind? And is it evident in the DT1350

EQ, let's agree to disagree; open another thread and discuss about it.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #1,550 of 4,010
Agree. Let's move on to DT1350.

I did a comparison between my DT1350 played from my iPod 7g classic to CLAS to iBasso PB2 with Piccolino interconnect and LOD against my HE6 played from Mac book pro playing through PureMusic via optical to the Bifrost and then Lyr equipped with Amperex A framed orange globe tubes.

The beyers are balanced with silver plated copper wire. The iBasso pb2 has the HiFlight opamp kit.

The sound out of the Beyers was really close in quality. I was amazed as the HE6 pumps out some serious quality. The Beyers were slightly thicker in the bass in a good way where there was probably more texture evident. The HE6 had more space in amongst the instruments and the treble was slightly smoother.

I was really amazed at how good the Beyers compared. When I first started putting a portable rig together I really only tried to avoid bad sound. I never thought that it would come close to my home rig. I also didn't expect the bass punch and treble detail to be anywhere near this good.

I should also add that I personally feel that the HE6 should pick up in the bass region to better balance to the treble once they are fed more power. As tempting as it is to grab the Schiit intermediate amp I am holding out for the statement amp. The DT1350's are pushing them all the way to this finish line.......

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,551 of 4,010
I'm still loving my dt1350s, even though I just use them out of my Cowon C2. I might be open to buying an amp for them though. 

These are definitely the upgrade from the ATH-M50s. Amazing midrange, good treble with the right amount of sparkle, and clean bass that extends very deep. When at home, these sound amazing plugged into my dad's system. My only peeve is the comfort issues, because the clamping can really make my ears sore after 1-2 hours of listening. If only these were circumaural :wink:

My C2 is good enough for me though, but I think an amp would be better :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #1,552 of 4,010
So I picked up a pair to go with my (incoming) iPad 3 for traveling (business and to see the in-laws) and colour me impressed. Initial impressions are both channels are tightly matched so far (thankfully), nice deep bass that's not flabby, great mids and non-strident treble. I don't hear much siblance, but that might change based on the recording.

Construction, they are very well built and sturdy and quite comfortable. Playing them right now out of my iPhone 4 and really liking what I'm hearing. So far, looks like I'm in agreement with Tyll's innerfidelity review.

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,553 of 4,010
I'll stop now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Agree. Let's move on to DT1350.

+1 Exactly how I feel. Nice deep tight bass with slightly blooming lush mids (not Sennheiser lush though) and close to zero sibilance, which isn't surprising when you look at Tyll's freq curve. Upper mids and low treble falls off a cliff and if anything are sucked out. I don't understand how anyone who does not own a defective pair says these are sibiliant. What really surprised me about these was the speed. They're not planar magnetic fast, but they do leave traditional dynamic cans like the HD650/D2000/Q701 in the dust in terms of transient speed and resolution is up there among the best sub $500 cans.. And for supra-aurals they do sound fairly "Big" more like circumaural (almost). I'm amazed by them every day and wonder why everyone on Head-Fi doesn't own one or even two... I guess fit issues and QC... sigh...

Quote:
nice deep bass that's not flabby, great mids and non-strident treble. I don't hear much siblance

Construction, they are very well built and sturdy and quite comfortable

Apr 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #1,554 of 4,010

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #1,555 of 4,010

Quote:
I'll stop now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

+1 Exactly how I feel. Nice deep tight bass with slightly blooming lush mids (not Sennheiser lush though) and close to zero sibilance, which isn't surprising when you look at Tyll's freq curve. Upper mids and low treble falls off a cliff and if anything are sucked out. I don't understand how anyone who does not own a defective pair says these are sibiliant. What really surprised me about these was the speed. They're not planar magnetic fast, but they do leave traditional dynamic cans like the HD650/D2000/Q701 in the dust in terms of transient speed and resolution is up there among the best sub $500 cans.. And for supra-aurals they do sound fairly "Big" more like circumaural (almost). I'm amazed by them every day and wonder why everyone on Head-Fi doesn't own one or even two... I guess fit issues and QC... sigh...

So far, we're in complete agreement.

Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #1,557 of 4,010
Just did a quick (unscientific) frequency sweep with my home theater SPL meter and both drivers measured within 1db ish across 30Hz - 16kHz. So I'm one happy camper. Had them on for about 1.5 hours and they aren't the HD800s in terms of comfort, but still not bad either. I've had to re-adjust my glasses to not have the ear pads put my ears in a three point bend, so that's helped quite a bit.

I've gone from straight out of my iPhone to my W4S DAC-2 / GS-1 (w/DACT attenuator) and they do scale quite nicely too. Better bass control, better imaging, treble is more "real". But then again, traveling on a plane might be difficult with my upfront rig.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #1,558 of 4,010
An iBasso pb2 will fit in your bag for plane travel. These cans love balanced. Has anyone used an RSA 71/b with these? I could imagine that it probably matches quite well except may have a slightly dark sound. The iBasso extends the sense of space nicely due to its treble response.

I agree with the comment about the speed. Percussion sounds very good through these.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #1,559 of 4,010

Quote:
An iBasso pb2 will fit in your bag for plane travel. These cans love balanced. Has anyone used an RSA 71/b with these? I could imagine that it probably matches quite well except may have a slightly dark sound. The iBasso extends the sense of space nicely due to its treble response.
I agree with the comment about the speed. Percussion sounds very good through these.

Yes, I have the balanced option with my cable system.   Using any amp other than the one in my DX100 the soundstage and imaging improve quite a bit.  With the DX100 there is much less difference for some reason.  The DX100 just has a great ability to make my single ended sound near balanced somehow.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,560 of 4,010
Balanced does add lots of space between instruments. It is like going from a good stereo system to a good surround theatre setup. There are sounds coming from different areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back