New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Oct 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #91 of 258
I have used the 71b for some time now and it is an excellent amp. If you want to power the HE 6 to the extreme and still be portable, but hear home sound, the Intruder does this.

I just received an Intruder to listen to and I hear excellent, I mean excellent transparency, micro detail and wonderful decay. I need some hours on this but I am a little taken back with the sound as I am so much impressed!

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #93 of 258
Quote:
Jamato, Hows it stack up to the 801 and dx100? What chips are in it?

I don't know what chips. I need to get more time on it but at this time it is excellent sounding. The right left balance, even at very low listening levels is right on. I love the way cymbals sound, very brassy rather then tinny or sizzle. I need to explore this with different phones. 

Subterranean bass this amp has!

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #94 of 258
Quote:
I have used the 71b for some time now and it is an excellent amp. If you want to power the HE 6 to the extreme and still be portable, but hear home sound, the Intruder does this.

I just received an Intruder to listen to and I hear excellent, I mean excellent transparency, micro detail and wonderful decay. I need some hours on this but I am a little taken back with the sound as I am so much impressed!

Great! Nice to hear, since I've already dropped the cash on one of these.

Think I will see about getting the removable cable mod done on my T5p so I can use them balanced with the Intruder...

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #96 of 258
Quote:
Hey Jamato8,

When did you order Intruder? I thought Ray will ship after Nov 2. I am desperately waiting also to listen to it!

Ray is shipping starting Nov 2nd. Clearly the unit Jamato has in his possession has been sent to him to sample, and does not represent a start to general shipping.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #98 of 258
Quote:
Thanks NZtechfreak, just anxiously wait for the amp to ship, and I thought Ray might change the schedule for sec :p

I'm with ya man, anxiously awaiting mine to ship too :)

Don't think the schedule can change though, Ray said shipping will start when he returns from a trade show overseas, so seems pretty locked in.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #99 of 258
Quote:

Yes. I use Bubble UPnP for playing off the GoFlex, so the library for the GoFlex is there and my regular music player PowerAMP indexes the locally stored stuff (64GB card, mostly full of music).

THANKS again for the time replying to me.

Byt why do you have to use another player like Bubble UPnP to play from the GoFlex ? Can't the PowerAmp play from the GoFlex ?  Can't the files on the GoFlex being used as if there were stored IN the handheld ? 

thanks

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #100 of 258
Quote:

THANKS again for the time replying to me.

Byt why do you have to use another player like Bubble UPnP to play from the GoFlex ? Can't the PowerAmp play from the GoFlex ?  Can't the files on the GoFlex being used as if there were stored IN the handheld ? 

thanks

Because you're streaming over the WiFi network created by the GoFlex and PowerAMP doesn't have UPnP capabilities (yet, major revision on the way at some point relatively soon, may come with that). Just looking at Neutron and it seems to have streaming music support, I may have to look into that again (not that there is anything wrong with Bubble UPnP, but would be good to know if an all-in-one solution is out there).

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #101 of 258
Couldn't resist any longer.. Had to pre-order 
redface.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #102 of 258
@jamato8, looking forward to your impressions especially with reference to the SR-71B. I have to admit that I'm personally not a fan of the SR-71B but curious on how similar (or how departed) the signatures are between the Intruder and the SR-71B. But willing to keep an open mind on RSA's new product.

Aside: Amp-to-Amp I actually prefer the Predator's signature over the SR-71B

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #103 of 258

Users who are viewing this thread

Back