NBA Playoffs!
Apr 26, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #136 of 827

Quote:
LA.. I dont think New Orleans wins another game.

SA. I'll predict that Spurs at least win the next two against Memphis. I don't think Memphis is there yet to be able to win game 6.

OKC. R Westbrook must have read what I wrote about him in my other post. That always seems to happen. I won't talk up anybody from now on.

Finally, that W Dafoe commercial makes me want some Jim Beam. And I think Milwaukee is a nice place. A mix of the two is winner winner. I know some people -- it works. But by jingo he's made some pretty good movies.

No worries Hornets and Grizzlies! My predictions are usually wrong.

We'll see what Phil and Kobe have left in the tank, as they will have to take the wheel if the Lakers are going on a journey back to the promised land. They will definitely be on the road a bit longer than they had hoped and we will see if they are up to it. I think the Spurs may be done, make that one and done. I do agree on Westbrook, that was a sad air ball at a critical moment. And yeah, Bobby Peru was in some decent flicks. I wonder what the chances are of a Gasol vs. Gasol Western Conference Championship?

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #137 of 827
When the playoffs are over, just for fun, I'd love to go over this thread again and just re-post some of the idiotic things we've been saying all this time. And of course, I've contributed quite a bit.
beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #138 of 827
Griz don't be so mean! I'm loving that team right now. And with Conley playing well, gosh darn Z-Rob they are impressive. It was as if they knew the Spurs' sets. Their length allowed hands in every passing lane. 

Please Santa for X'mas I want a Thunder/Griz series. Oh man, that would be good. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #139 of 827
Russ had several sad shots. He must have been trying too hard. Either that or he was trying to prove that he's some kind of superstar. I don't know. I do know that the Thunder desperately need to close out tomorrow night as the Nuggets can still be a dangerous team.

I'd like to see the Thunder play the Spurs after San Antonio has had to beat Memphis in seven games. Memphis wouldn't be an easy out for OKC.  The Grizzlies have caused issues for OKC the last few times they've played. Tony Allen beasts out. However, it seems like Perkins would make a big difference this time around.

I'm intrigued by the ATL/ORL game tonight. I don't know which way to lean, though. I also like Lakers and Bulls, but those hardly seem like gutsy picks.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #140 of 827
No doubt, game 4 was not one of RW's shining moments. But you know, I'm just not that worried about it. If there was such a thing as a good loss, that was it. Humble up those young guys. He'll play better back in OKC and hopefully help control the pace more. The Thunder ran with Denver in the 4q, and that is why I think they really lost. For the first time in the series, Karl might have out coached Brooks. He managed his lineups better to me. Again I still feel good. If they lose game five, I'll worry then.

You're so right, Tony Allen has killed the Thunder. So has Zac Randolph. Where Allen is concerned, I think it will even out for the Okie St. boy over a series. He can't be Michael Jordan seven straight games, can he? His defense won't go anywhere though. It would be interesting to see if they stick him on Seff, which would be a waste. Durant is too tall, so I bet he might see a lot time against 0. Randolph is one of those thick guys that give Ibaka trouble. I would be worried about that. It's an interesting debate as to whether OKC would want the Spurs or Griz. I say Griz, because of the new lineup and home court. 

I think the Lakers will whoop Nola tonight. Gimme Magic and Bulls at home. You guys will have to fill me in, 'cause I think the woman has had enough of NBA basketball; better do some relationship maintenance. I'll be back strong for Wednesday though!

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #142 of 827
Please tell me he's not on crutches or wearing a "walking boot".

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #145 of 827
And then the three... then the dunk with the other hand... then the Bynum dunk... then the Odum dunk... Gasol better dunk, it's a dunkfest!

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #146 of 827

Quote:
I think the Lakers will whoop Nola tonight. Gimme Magic and Bulls at home. You guys will have to fill me in, 'cause I think the woman has had enough of NBA basketball; better do some relationship maintenance. I'll be back strong for Wednesday though!

Well you didn't miss too much.  You were on the money, and none of the games were close.  You would've liked the LAL/NO game though, Lakers fought back and suffocated the Hornets (after NO shot 80+% in the 1st quarter), and Kobe played like he still had 24 y.o. legs.

For tonight's games, I think OKC and Miami close out their series, SA survives to play another day.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #147 of 827
Yeah, I wish I would have seen the Lakers game, since 24 threw down a vintage performance. I think Chuck was right too. As we know, Kobe is a player well aware of his place in the game, and he's not above tweaking things to add little bit to his legend every now and then. You don't really have to fill me in btw. I not that in the dark ages! :D

Most likely to come back from 3 -1: Magic (now 3-2), Spurs, 76'ers or Nuggets? The last two were down 3-0, so we all know the odds they are against. As if the prospects are shiny for the first set. 

lbj's picks sound good to me. I just can't see the rec leaguers (Spurs) losing on home court in an elimination game. Memphis has such a good matchup however. Denver is nutty. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow had another great shooting night and won another. The Heat are the one I'm most confident about. 

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #148 of 827
I think that all three closeouts will happen after tonight; there will be three more teams moving on, and three more teams going home. I agree that the Magic may pull it out though. Also congrats to Ron Artest for his personal comeback, well done.

As far as the Spurs go they don't seem to be built for a playoff run this year as their half-court offense is MIA. If Memphis continues to get back quickly on defense and takes away the 3-point transition shots they should win. Memphis does appear to be well-coached (like the Spurs), so we shall see.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #149 of 827
If there are teams capable of staving off elimination given the matchups, it's gotta be Orlando and San Antonio. I think Philly and Denver are D-U-N done.

Kobe sure looked spry on those 2 dunks, but me and a couple of my friends sure noticed him not quite up to speed, even considering the advanced age.

@virometal, So you already made up for the lost time with the wifey?

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #150 of 827
Yeah Kobe was quoted saying something like he "doesn't save those because he doesn't have too many of them left".
But they were badass dunks for sure 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back