NBA Playoffs!
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #122 of 827
I've noticed that the Lakers don't play so well on holidays.

Apr 25, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #123 of 827
Lookout, looks like the Celtics were playing possum again. Then again, it could mean more about the Knicks rather than the Celtics.

And my goodness, CP3, AGAIN.

What do you guys make of Kobe and Rose's injuries? All I know is that twisting your left ankle if you're right handed takes a lot out of your game. And one thing for sure, I don't think they'll be playing at full speed. If the Pacers and Hornets want to make it a series, they better get their asses working now.

Hey, I heard that TNT and ESPN have job openings for Stan-Van and D'Antoni.

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #124 of 827
The Knicks were always going to struggle with Billups out and Stoudemire carrying an injury, so I'm not surprised really. They'll need to try do some good trading over the summer break and they should come back a much better team next season.

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #126 of 827
^ Interesting stat. I have to say, that was a pitiful loss. Just like the Lakers to make things harder than they should be. 

Here's another set of stats someone dug up. Lakers when tied during this current run.

2008 vs Jazz - go home tied 2-2 = Win Series 
2009 vs Rockets - go home tied 2-2 = Win Series
2009 vs Nuggets - go home tied 2-2 = Win Series 
2010 vs Thunder - go home tied 2-2 = Win Series 
2010 vs Suns - go home tied 2-2 = Win Series 
2010 vs Celtics - go on road tied 1-1 = Win Series 

Is there a person on the planet, that actually thinks the Hornets can win this?

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #127 of 827
I think Kobe's status for game 5 will be a major factor.  I predict that he'll play regardless of the ankle.  Obviously just as important is how CP3 plays and how well the Lakers contain him.

Historical perspective shows that the Lakers always seem to pull through.  Yesterday's loss definitely narrowed the margin for error though.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #128 of 827
The lakers are a team that has not been at the top of their game this year.  It's hard to say if they will lose the series but they have not been playing great basketball of late.  Whether kobe is 100% or not, I don't think will have a bearing on who wins the series.  I have a feeling NO will take it.  Seems the lakers run may be coming to an end.

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #129 of 827

Quote:
Holidays and Sundays.  I read somewhere that they're now 10-10 on Sundays for the season.

Something about playing the defending champs on national television may inspire the competition.

Quote:
The lakers are a team that has not been at the top of their game this year.  It's hard to say if they will lose the series but they have not been playing great basketball of late.  Whether kobe is 100% or not, I don't think will have a bearing on who wins the series.  I have a feeling NO will take it.  Seems the lakers run may be coming to an end.

How about when they went 17-1 right after the all-star break? If that was their "b" game then that will be all they will need to take the West. But if the Lakers are having trouble containing Chris Paul, I shudder to see what will happen if they come up against Rajon Rondo again. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #130 of 827

Quote:
Is there a person on the planet, that actually thinks the Hornets can win this?

Quote:
I think Kobe's status for game 5 will be a major factor.

+1 on that... If there's any consolation for the Laker fans, low cut shoes (like what Kobe wears) make it easy to come back from ankle sprains. This coming from someone who's had more than his fair share of ankle sprains.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #131 of 827
Darkestred:
 Seems the lakers run may be coming to an end.

Love it! I still think they're messing around. They have too many good matchups, basically the 2 - 5 for the starters. The one weakness is obvious. Even then CP3 had to play out of his mind for the Hornets to get two wins. Well, Ariza has played well too. Have to give him props. Who knows? From Phil on down, the Lakers are not any younger. One of these days the lack of urgency will burn them. To paraphrase Odom, "people don't come to the games because they know who is going to win." 

--

So no one is pumped for tonight? Boo to the League for overlapping the first two games. I think the Griz/Spurs winner will go on to win the series. Your guess is as good as mine about what will happen in American Airlines arena. I'm sure Dallas is tired of hearing about 06 by now. The Nuggs are too good a team to be swept. 

Gimme da Spurs, da Mavs, and da Nuggies.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #132 of 827
I think that Kobe's injury will be a non-factor. Tape that sucker up good, he's played through much worse.

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #133 of 827

Quote:
I have a feeling NO will take it.  Seems the lakers run may be coming to an end.

If I was an impartial observer and as objective as I can be, I'd say the Hornets have just a slim chance of coming out victorious.  As viro pointed out, CP3 needed monster career games to eke out the 2 wins.  At the same time, the Laker bigs greatly underperformed.  If their play comes back to average, and CP3 does the same, the rest of the Hornets team will have to show up huge or they don't have a prayer.  To top it off, 2 of the next 3 games will be at Staples.  The only way NO's chances rise to parity or better is if Kobe is injured or out.  Kobe has played in all 82 regular season games and to play without him is a big question mark.

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #135 of 827
LA.. I dont think New Orleans wins another game.

SA. I'll predict that Spurs at least win the next two against Memphis. I don't think Memphis is there yet to be able to win game 6.

OKC. R Westbrook must have read what I wrote about him in my other post. That always seems to happen. I won't talk up anybody from now on.

Finally, that W Dafoe commercial makes me want some Jim Beam. And I think Milwaukee is a nice place. A mix of the two is winner winner. I know some people -- it works. But by jingo he's made some pretty good movies.

No worries Hornets and Grizzlies! My predictions are usually wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back