NBA Playoffs!
Apr 28, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #166 of 827

Quote:
I agree, MJ doesn't have that "pop" on a consistent level. 

Well he is pushing 50 years old 
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #167 of 827

Quote:
In-game, that's a no on J 

Check this flashback out, he was an in-game dunking maestro:

I especially like the ones over Kareem 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #168 of 827
I still laugh when I think of BG nearly knocking himself out on the bottom of the backboard.  I swear that guy can see eye-to-eye with the rim.

I am sooo looking forward to Heat/Celtics.  Who's with me...

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #169 of 827
^ Witcha! Can we talk about it now? Who's the pick? What are the big matchups etc. etc. etc...

grokit:
Check this flashback out, he was an in-game dunking maestro:

Too stiff, I would pick all four over him. At least the reply was within the subject. I'm proud of you!

--

Cool points to bang for The Wire up. That would be my all time fave tv show, along with a billion other people. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #170 of 827

Quote:
I still laugh when I think of BG nearly knocking himself out on the bottom of the backboard.  I swear that guy can see eye-to-eye with the rim.

I am sooo looking forward to Heat/Celtics.  Who's with me...

Same here, funny enough I can't decide if I'll wear my LBJ or KG jersey around Boston

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #171 of 827
Trevorlane, I don't think you have to choose, especially if you care about your safety.
beerchug.gif

So far, the only confirmed matchups are MIA-BOS. Personal odds: Pick 'em. I will stay away from betting on the Celtics if only because the NYK series didn't prove anything other than D'Antoni is a fraud. I'd love to root for MIA, Wade and Spo, but I am no LBJ (professional basketball player, not head-fi member) fan. The main thing to look out for this matchup is how comfortable Jeff Green is in the Celts' defense. He was vastly overrated in OKC, but if he can provide decent minutes, and keep his head screwed on on D, Boston would easily trounce MIA. Another thing is would they put Wade/LBJ on Rondo? Putting Jared Jeffries on Rondo in the first round should have worked, but the Knicks kept him too far off, which just meant that Rondo was seeing the entire court (notice the absurd assist numbers) without even trying to penetrate. We all know at this point that the Celtics' Big Three can't put up the same scoring as the LBJ-Wade-Bosh combo, but how will Miami get it's points? The Boston defense is one that was tuned to take out 1 or 2 scoring threats, who are they going to take out? If I had to choose between MIA-BOS, I'd take the Celtics. I'm beginning to feel they were playing possum. Again. But I still maintain that they're just as likely to get swept as to win it all.

May 1. We'll find out.

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #172 of 827

Quote:
...but I am no LBJ (professional basketball player, not head-fi member) fan.

LOL, me either.  Any resemblance between Lebron James and myself is purely coincidental. 
biggrin.gif
  Nice synopsis.  I think the smart money would be on Boston.  Hopefully it'll be a long series.  As a Laker fan though, nothing would please me more than having the Celtics go down in flames in the second round.  AND facing Miami in the finals and blowing them up.  I can dream right?

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #173 of 827
bangengeman:
 but how will Miami get it's points?

They'll do what they do. Spread the floor with 3 & 6 then attack the hole, with the rest working off that. Boston is going to do what they do and try to knock them on their butt. To me, if there is one key to the series that is it. Which will will prevail in the paint, when Miami has the ball. 

I like the Heat in seven; had them in the finals and am going sink or swim with my pick. 

--

Gimme the Magicians, the Lakers, and Dirk's warriors tonight. Yeah, two road closeouts...risky.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #177 of 827
For a sec there, I thought Dallas would find a way to blow another lead. Good on them, to finally get a road playoff win. I'll root for the Mavs next round, but yeah, that's a horrible matchup. I'm wit J-Dub: 5 - 0 Purple & Gold.

Bang, Bulls/Hawks breakdown please. 

Gimme da Griz tonight. 

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #178 of 827
In every regular season, and in the playoffs, the Lakers have had the Mavs number forever and ever and ever. They are the Lakers doormat, always have been and always will be. This series will be a yawnfest with a pre-ordained outcome, I agree Lakers in 5. Everyone is looking forward to the Lakers playing the winner of the Thunder/(don't count out the) Grizzlies series and will be watching the Celtics-Heat instead this round.

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #179 of 827
Hawks have (off the top of my head, too lazy to check) only one PG after news of Hinrich's hammie issue: Jeff Teague. Looks like Jamal Crawford's spending a lot of time at PG this series. Read somewhere that Hinrich's getting better, but we're still in wait and see mode. We all know adrenalin (and a shot of HGH) can fix a lot of things in the human body. They're really hard to guess. They love their isolations (a Thibs specialty) and they've gone there a lot against ORL, but they don't have one specific go-to weapon. Horford, Smith, JJ and Crawford are all exceptional two-way players. If Hinrich is OK, they're going to make it difficult. Dude is a HUGE upgrade over Bibby defensively, don't underestimate that.

Bulls, on the other hand, have shown in Game 5 of the Indy series that they can get it done. Maybe it was a combination of jitters, luck and some of the small nicks and dings (Booz, Rose) they've had that were holding them back early in the series. A 61-win team is not a fluke team. A 61-win team with 2 of their main players out for a huge chunk of the season is scary.

I reckon the Bulls won't be tested much, but Boozer has to suck up his injury (turf toe, playing on hardwood, go figure), and Taj Gibson has to step up to man Horford. It's also not a reach to say that Noah's also gonna take some time guarding Horford, but the Hawks look legit to me if Hinrich is fine. If Larry Drew is anywhere near smart, he's going to pound the ball to Horford or go small with Josh Smith at PF, and take advantage of Boozer's injury. But he hasn't shown that, not with the way his players have seemed to tuned him out late in the regular season. Bulls in 5, but it's going to look like the Indy series, with the Hawks keeping most of the game close.

Going back to the ORL-ATL series, I think the Magic were done in by their poser lucky beard thing. Who the #!@%^& grows a lucky beard and then trims it? Really? What's the #!@%^&ing point? When you grow a lucky beard, you keep it as UGLY as possible, don't trim it. There's no point in growing a lucky beard if you're going to keep it clean, then it just becomes normal facial hair. If it's any consolation, I think StanVan, D'Antoni and Kevin Harlan would make a great 3-man announce team.

I'll take the Spurs tonight. I just want a game 7.

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #180 of 827
Whoever wins tonight it should be another good one. I don't see Memphis losing it with the crowd behind them though.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back