MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Dec 23, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #156 of 1,383
Can someone translate this and what type of driver is it? I thought it was electrostatic, but from the pictures it looks like some kind of hybrid dynamic driver or?

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #158 of 1,383
  It's a total new driver based on the electro-dynmic principle like Utopia's driver is. However, it is much more air-vented and moving mass is even lower too.

BR heinz

Basically it will be utopia caliber sound but with a much more wider soundstage, lower weight, and magical engineering from mr renner 
normal_smile .gif

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #159 of 1,383
Can you give us an idea of the selling price so I can start selling off some of my other phones? I used to have K1000 years ago and ran it with a subwoofer to fill in the bottom end. Hopefully this new phone won't need a subwoofer!

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #160 of 1,383
Finally some news!

So, the dome shape is on the ear side, presumably almost touching the skin?

We have like a 25-30mm diameter driver playing right into the ear canal and this dome shape is a protector grill / acoustic screen?

This headphone will also have an LC network to compensate for front/back wave cancellation in open frame design?

EXCITING news and nerdy engineer's eyes wide open :wink:

cheers,
arnaud

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #161 of 1,383
Basically it will be utopia caliber sound but with a much more wider soundstage, lower weight, and magical engineering from mr renner 
normal_smile%20.gif

That is great news!

So no need for and electrostatic amp then, would it have the low end performance like the / Abyss / LCD-4 Senn HE-90, or can you just give us a hint :pray_tone1::innocent:

(i just thinking of the wide open design= historically it does not often got the greatest low end bass.)

The if you can give us a hint of the price point?

Is it north or south of 3k $ ?

Then lastly, when do you start taking orders?

Merry Christmas!

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #163 of 1,383
Of course we have an internal target price fixed.
However, as not all possible suppliers have quoted the cost of the parts till now, we cannot confirm our sales price.
Please understand that this will take some more weeks to go.

Best regards,
heinz

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #164 of 1,383
As we are a small company Mysphere 3.1 is not planned to sell in huge volumes.
Therefore the economic of scale effect cannot work.

A not binding pre-order process will take place when we start the final homepage in Spring 2017.
We anticipate to understand the real potential finally better.

KR heinz

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #165 of 1,383
That is great news!

So no need for and electrostatic amp then, would it have the low end performance like the / Abyss / LCD-4 Senn HE-90, or can you just give us a hint :pray_tone1::innocent:

(i just thinking of the wide open design= historically it does not often got the greatest low end bass.)

The if you can give us a hint of the price point?

Is it north or south of 3k $ ?

Then lastly, when do you start taking orders?

Merry Christmas!

No special amp will be needed as the seinstivity will be high!
However a strong amp will improve the performance all time, because of offering higher peak power. And so the acoustic potential of Mysphere 3.1 will be improved as it works with other headphones as well.

The bass level will be there because of the large membrane surface and excursion as well. Also the new acoustic cushion and damping material will help to get the bass level correct. Sorry, I can not tell more about this acoustic, as it is in patent application process in the moment too.

Merry x-mas!
BR heinz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back