My review of the Hippo Shroom EB
Aug 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #48 of 60
Congrats mkv1500. VB is indeed a good choice . You might just need to have patience with the burn in as the the difference in sound in tremendous .If you are a non-believer of burn in , this might just change your belief. :)

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #50 of 60
Just thought I'd come back and post my findings after around 175 hours of burn in. The Shroom EBs are really a bang for the buck iem. To me they sound like an RE0, the smoothness and detail.. and warmer than the original Shrooms... I find the sound signature quite non fatiguing, a very pleasant iem to listen to. =)

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #54 of 60

[size=medium]
Just thought of updating. 

Ordered MEElectronics R1 and Hippo VB. 

VB should take around 10-15 days to deliver.

I got the R1 yesterday and initial impressions are very good. Much much better than cx-300. Quite good quality and i got it for $27.49 inclusive of tax and shipping while VB was $79.

Just a question, i used medium sized tips and while listening to songs it feels as if most of the bass is coming from left channel rather than feel of being coming from center When i use the bi-flange tips it is the usual punchy bass. Why is it so? Is it because of fit or do i allow it to burn-in and see if it gets ok? 
I don't prefer bi-flange tips because it makes earphone protrude a lot and doesn't look good. Also there is lots of wind-noise on bike (bicycle) and isolation is not too good. Any solution to that?

Its a bit off topic. but thought should ask. Since VB could have similar problem. 
[/size]

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #57 of 60
Thanks mp3, i will do the test.

@Metsuki, i have many songs which produce bass from both the channels and so its appears to come from center. may be i didn't explain properly.

If i use medium tips of cx-300, the bass and listening experience is as good as the one with bi-flange. looks like the medium tips that came with R1 are useless for me. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #59 of 60
I don't really listen to techno, but can't see why it wouldn't be good for that too. It doesn't have the same amount of bass as the VB, but it's very controlled and rather fast in responce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back