My next future headphone purchase
Sep 24, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #46 of 80

Quote:
Alright so it seems that the M50s are just not for me. Having had them since june, i see that they dont have enough mids and too much bass for my liking even with Equ. It gets too loud that ill lose my hearing or its too low and the vocals/ detail wont come out. So i will make a preference list of what i would want from my next headphone.

music: all genres, from classical to rap to rock. I want something that can handle everything and stay pretty neutral with emphasis on mids/vocals.

Closed headphones preferred with decent soundstage. Cant have painful highs or simbliance. Minimal sound leak. Comfortable if possible. Not super long cable. $200-250 to spend.

My source: ipod touch 4g, equ app. 192-320 kbps tracks.

Thats about it. Note that this is a future endeavor when i get the money to upgrade. So not for awhile. For now i have to keep the M50s. Ive done foam mod so dont mention that but if u want, post suggestions if u find ones that might be useful for the m50 for now. Other than that post headphones that i might consider for my next purchase.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

You may want to check out the GMP 8.35D.
You should do a bit of research...

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #49 of 80

Quote:
I'm not good in math so what would be the 15% restocking fee. 15% back of the $245?

Yep - you decide to return them, it costs you $36.75 - so they take them back for USD $208.25 (may be freight on top of that as well).

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #50 of 80

Quote:
Yep - you decide to return them, it costs you $36.75 - so they take them back for USD $208.25 (may be freight on top of that as well).

Well it is not a full refund but I think I can live with that. If I have anymore questions ill mention them here. if anyone else has other suggestions for headphones im still open to them, but for now im getting the 940s when i get the money. Thanks Everyone 
dt880smile.png

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #51 of 80
Well this sucks. My parents won't let me get the 940s even though I have the money because they said that it won't be worth the money and I'll just be instantly disappointed with them and send them back, therefore wasting money. I understand their concern but jeez what am I supposed to do. I can't audition them anywhere so what am I supposed to do?

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #52 of 80
Just get the 840s
smily_headphones1.gif

They have slightly elevated bass and lower midrange, and lots of mids. Sound like you'd be happy with them, and they're almost half the price of the 940s right now.

Since you've said you don't like painful highs the 940s might not be a good choice anyways. I wouldn't call them painful, but for me it was pretty borderline a lot of the time.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #53 of 80

Quote:
Just get the 840s
smily_headphones1.gif

They have slightly elevated bass and lower midrange, and lots of mids. Sound like you'd be happy with them, and they're almost half the price of the 940s right now.

Since you've said you don't like painful highs the 940s might not be a good choice anyways. I wouldn't call them painful, but for me it was pretty borderline a lot of the time.

This ^

I've said all along that I didn't think the SRH940 were a safe bet for you.  The SRH840 are quite a bit different to the M50 - and I do think you'll enjoy them.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #55 of 80
Make sure you list your musical preferences in the poll, what they would be used for, and what your source is.  If you just simply put "which one is best" you'll likely get answers that don't mean anything.  Also - be aware from the poll - you're going to get "opinions" from people who may not have actually heard the cans in question, and simply vote based on what they've read.  Or worse - people who've only heard one of the cans - and vote for that one because it's the only one they can relate to.

Classic case - the M50s.  Became a raging FOTM, and then a lot of newbs were recommending them for everything - regardless of whether they actually suited or not.  It's been interesting to read how some who got their M50 'fix' suddenly found out that they weren't quite the headphone that everyone said.  It depends on preferences.  I simply found the M50 mid-range lacking.  I was lucky though - I got to try before I eventually bought.

Anyway - good luck.  I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #57 of 80
I was in the exact situation as you and had the M50 and was just not happy with the mids.
Went for the shure 940 and have sold every other headphone since then.

After a few months and I'm still very happy with them with no plan to upgrade any further for now ... maybe except when the Digiziod ZO V2 comes out which might bring the 940s bass up slightly.
They're comfortable enough to have on 2-3 hours at a time which is ok.

goodluck :)

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #59 of 80

Quote:
Hey i found a 940 on ebay for $212 only been used a week. Should i take the plunge and just buy it or look more at the 840s?

Heya,

Be very aware of what kind of headphone they are. Mid-centered, bright but not sibilant, very detailed, with light bass with good extension. If you need to hear more bass, this is not a headphone for you. This is why some people will prefer the SRH840 instead.

If you're still really interested in the SRH940's, look here.

Ultimately, I would suggest you get something like the Fischer Audio FA-003.

Very best,

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #60 of 80

Quote:
Heya,

Be very aware of what kind of headphone they are. Mid-centered, bright but not sibilant, very detailed, with light bass with good extension. If you need to hear more bass, this is not a headphone for you. This is why some people will prefer the SRH840 instead.

If you're still really interested in the SRH940's, look here.

Ultimately, I would suggest you get something like the Fischer Audio FA-003.

Very best,

Well with that price youre offering i'll buy the 940s from you if I can make up my mind. I wish you could send them to me for free(Id pay for shipping) I'd try them for a week and if I didn't like them I'd send them back(Again i'd pay for shipping). If I damaged them in any way, then id pay for them regardless whether I like them or not. If I do like them then i'd just pay the 200 through paypal if you have one. Would that be possible? If not, I completely understand. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back