My new Joseph Grado HP2i & HP2is
Jun 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 178

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
A long wait a superb work that Joseph have done on my HP2 were “i” means improved, a new double cable and some other things on the new drivers (I don’t know what…).

My old HP2 is now a NEW one and (I think) a very rare unit because the work of the friend Joseph with his 86 years old…

The can arrived some days ago to my door after 3 mounts of wait, but this is another HP2, incredibly better: new drivers, new cable for another quality of sound. This is MY phones, the only one!

I’m now using them with the EAR HP4 (Fivre 6sl7), but very soon I’ll have coming other two amps, just for the HP2i

1)The TTVJ Millet 307a
2)A hybrid one by an Italian builder with E80CC Telefunken and RGN1054 mesh Telefunken

I’m looking for the best amp for the best cans ever…

Best!
Nik

PS:
Thanks to Martin for helping me to contact Joseph Grado.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 178
Congrats! When you say new drivers, do you mean a) fresh drivers, or b) new and improved drivers?

... and please post pictures
biggrin.gif

-Nathan

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 178
They are old stock (NOS) HP1000 driver improved by Joseph, this is all I know.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 178
Are you the original owner of these cans? What prompted you to send them in for repair/refinement?

Congrats either way.
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 178
O-M-G I am so jelous... but congrats Nik!

Price for improvement? or would you like to keep that confidential? Is he open to others having this done? The HP-1000 is magical as is. I can only drool at the thought of making them better.

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 178
Congrats, my old friend! I'm so surprised that you've found your best sound ever. That has never happened before, now has it? Ha ha!!! I'm just joking with you, Nik. I always love to see your enthusiasm, and these are a very special pair of headphones.

When you say a "new double cable" does that mean your HP2i now have balance cables? The TTJV Millet 307A is an awesome amp. Your ears are in for a treat.

I still have the Angstrom Research Two Box amp that I bought from you, which I swear is the best single ended headphone amp ever made. It's just amazing. I also still have the Egmont Research amp that I bought from you. So if you ever decide to sell this pair of HP2i, let me know!

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O-M-G I am so jelous... but congrats Nik!

Price for improvement? or would you like to keep that confidential? Is he open to others having this done? The HP-1000 is magical as is. I can only drool at the thought of making them better.

Joseph does two kinds of work, the first is just a restore of the HP1000 (for 1200 U$) and a second work that is a improve of the NOS drivers (for 1500 U$), and I have done the second way for the bet improvment on the HP2 sound.

Just to know, those was the last pair of NOS driver Joseph have on his hand (!!!).

I don't think there are many others HP2i like mine...

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #14 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to know, those was the last pair of NOS driver Joseph have on his hand (!!!).

Dang ._. Looks like we better pamper our HP2s

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #15 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats, my old friend! I'm so surprised that you've found your best sound ever. That has never happened before, now has it? Ha ha!!! I'm just joking with you, Nik. I always love to see your enthusiasm, and these are a very special pair of headphones.

When you say a "new double cable" does that mean your HP2i now have balance cables? The TTJV Millet 307A is an awesome amp. Your ears are in for a treat.

I still have the Angstrom Research Two Box amp that I bought from you, which I swear is the best single ended headphone amp ever made. It's just amazing. I also still have the Egmont Research amp that I bought from you. So if you ever decide to sell this pair of HP2i, let me know!

Nice to speak with you again Wayne !!!

I always had the best setup (for that moment), now I'm come back to an old HP2 that is furter improved by the original builder, the BIG Joseph !!!

Trust me, this HP2 is another HP2 !!!

I remember well those two amps you have... they are very, very good gear !!!

I'll come back to you when the Millet arrive to my door...

I sold all my other headphones and I keep just one, THIS HP2 !

Best regards !
Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back