My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
May 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #78 of 202
Quote:
Good luck with that! 

Hahah thanks. I gave shire an email, you never know. 
I am in no rush either as i have loads of stuff on my hands. What did you think of the Thinksounds that i posted pics of. They have pretty natural mids even with the big bass (unburned in). i will do full impressions later.

May 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #79 of 202
Quote:
Hahah thanks. I gave shire an email, you never know. 
I am in no rush either as i have loads of stuff on my hands. What did you think of the Thinksounds that i posted pics of. They have pretty natural mids even with the big bass (unburned in). i will do full impressions later.

Hmm, they do look quite classy, as in it uses wood and all

May 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #80 of 202
Quote:
Hmm, they do look quite classy, as in it uses wood and all

metal at the front of the housing. They are classy and they also really big up the eco friendly thing with their recycled packaging and stuff. As of sound i will wait for burn in but i think they could be a goo IEM for $100 which is mainstream sounding with clear mids. Treble is super harsh at the moment.

May 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #81 of 202
Quote:
metal at the front of the housing. They are classy and they also really big up the eco friendly thing with their recycled packaging and stuff. As of sound i will wait for burn in but i think they could be a goo IEM for $100 which is mainstream sounding with clear mids. Treble is super harsh at the moment.

I see, well treble does seem to tone down after burn-ins. Well if it's mainstream it's bassy right? 

May 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #82 of 202
Quote:
I see, well treble does seem to tone down after burn-ins. Well if it's mainstream it's bassy right? 

Yeh that is what i am hoping! Yeh it is bassy, perhaps one of the bassets own, i mean the sig is not for me but for others at this price it could be really good! Its bass>mids>treble with a great design. I mean its like sticking a middle finger up at beats at the moment.

May 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #83 of 202
Quote:
Yeh that is what i am hoping! Yeh it is bassy, perhaps one of the bassets own, i mean the sig is not for me but for others at this price it could be really good! Its bass>mids>treble with a great design. I mean its like sticking a middle finger up at beats at the moment.

(LOL), well, to be honest, the beats tour doesn't have a lot of bass, it actually seems more clarity tuned with highs sounding a tad bit harsh. But it's not worth the price tag. However, I found the Powerbeats to be surprisingly good... 

May 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #84 of 202
I have owned iBeats, Solo HD and Pros long ago an they although differing in quality, Pros >> iBeats >>>>>> Solo HD they all seem to have a extremely bassy sig that doesn't give a crap about any other frequency. The Tours I have auditioned on a few occasions (genuine and fake) but all so long a go I don't remover sound. A mate with them though could not believe first how muh better my Able Planets were than them and then how much better again the TF10 were.

May 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #85 of 202
Quote:
I have owned iBeats, Solo HD and Pros long ago an they although differing in quality, Pros >> iBeats >>>>>> Solo HD they all seem to have a extremely bassy sig that doesn't give a crap about any other frequency. The Tours I have auditioned on a few occasions (genuine and fake) but all so long a go I don't remover sound. A mate with them though could not believe first how muh better my Able Planets were than them and then how much better again the TF10 were.

Well, Solo HDs are complete crap, I don't know how they can churn that out at such a price. Pros were okay, but not worth the price, seeing that I preferred the studios over the pros. Ibeats are quite muddy however. Well the tours stand no chance against the TF10 and similarly priced IEMs, but it's not muddy for a beats. The powerbeats however were surprisingly good, though not worth the price, as we all know.

May 19, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #86 of 202
What's even more impressive is that the Solos are worse than the Solo HDs ahah. I had both the studios and pros with me at the same time and SQ wise the Pros are better, comfort the studios are better. The Pros in my opinion are quite tragic and people say they are worth like $100 but they are worse than my 15 quid superluxes HD681 (be it a more preferable sig to me). The Pros have to dark a sound, huge bass bleed and the one of the biggest treble roll offs.

As for the powerbeats, what sort of sig? They do have nice features as in the ear hooks and there design sport wise.

May 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #87 of 202
Quote:
What's even more impressive is that the Solos are worse than the Solo HDs ahah. I had both the studios and pros with me at the same time and SQ wise the Pros are better, comfort the studios are better. The Pros in my opinion are quite tragic and people say they are worth like $100 but they are worse than my 15 quid superluxes HD681 (be it a more preferable sig to me). The Pros have to dark a sound, huge bass bleed and the one of the biggest treble roll offs.
As for the powerbeats, what sort of sig? They do have nice features as in the ear hooks and there design sport wise.

Sound wise I preferred the Studio because it just sounds like it has more clarity, the Pros just failed to impress me. But then again, the Studio has recessed treble. Powerbeats are more towards to the bright signature with clarity, I only had a short audition so take my words as a pinch of salt, but I was surprised it actually didn't sound bad! 

May 19, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #88 of 202
Clarity and studios?! Not what I heard. The pros were the same for me, biggest waste of money in my life.
Don't worry about the audition length but they are not thes usual beats sig. They sound alright, I may have even looked into them (probably not) if I done more running ahah. I had a pair of Sony XBA-2 arrive today, I'm on my way home now and looking forward to audition them.

May 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #89 of 202

Sony XBA-2 Came Today, Some Pictures

Quote:
Just saw this from your signature!
Wow excellent job!
Keep up the great work!
I'll need to read through your reviews now.
Procrastination at its very best.

Thanks mate, i really appreciate the comments. Hopefully it can help you in some way.

May 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #90 of 202
Quote:
Clarity and studios?! Not what I heard. The pros were the same for me, biggest waste of money in my life.
Don't worry about the audition length but they are not thes usual beats sig. They sound alright, I may have even looked into them (probably not) if I done more running ahah. I had a pair of Sony XBA-2 arrive today, I'm on my way home now and looking forward to audition them.

Well, the clarity is only subpar, but I found them better on the pros, at the least. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back