My IEM Round-Up (64 Earphones Compared with a LOT MORE Coming)
May 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #17 of 202
Quote:
Cool, keep it up.

Haha you really like the ASG-1 it seems.

Thanks. Its only small now but i think it could really start to expand.

Yeh its by know means perfect but its working for me right now. I also accept that to some people the mids will be unbearable. I have the filters on the way so i will add filtered sound quality.

What i have incoming to add:

Hisoudaudio Crystal
TDK BA200
Fischer Audio DBA-02 MK-II

(Full Reviews WIll Also Be Wrote)

May 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #20 of 202
TDK BA200

I am now spending most my time listing too my TF10s and working on there review as i only have them for a limited time. As soon as their work is all finished then the TDKS are getting all my time for a while. That being said i have still of course been listening to them.

Here are my initial impression from when i got them, things have changed:

These are very nice i have found so far. The bass is amazing and the quantity is just right and the quality is well, awesome. I would say the bass quality wise is similar to the DBA-02s but there is a fair bit more bass quantity. Moving on too the mids i feel that they are nicely in line with the bass and are actually slightly more forward than the DBA mids. They are very smooth but do lack the details and transparency off the DBAs. That being said there is a whole layer of depth too the BA200s that the DBAs don't have leaving them feeling thin in comparison. The treble is again in line with the rest and sparkles at a moderate level with some good energy. That being said they are know where near that of the DBA which can be seen by some as fatiguing.  The details are there for sure but they are not as refined as the DBA-02s but by know means bad and still special even by BA regards. Soundstage is so far been awesome on these with better width and height to DBAs and far more depth but they do not quite have the airy separation of the DBAs.

Moving on too the rest the packaging was nice and you will see my not too good youtube unboxing posted on here shortly. I found a good fit and sound with small double flanges and have yet to try the complys. I do however think that it was weird not too get some single flanges but oh well. Rest of accessories were good and i guess you can say that you got enough.

Build does seem on the flimsy side with the flat cable and the weak strain reliefs. I feel unsure when taking them out of my ear and do not know where to hold them. Also inserting is not a smooth process and you have to really mess around too get a seal.

Seal Problems
I am actually thinking that i may be having seal problems. I do get a seal with the comply tips but do not think i am getting a good enough sound from them.
I am butting them in and feeling a lack of bass but if i say tip my head back or push them in a bit i get the tad extra quantity and extra extension that i need. I do not feel that perhaps i am not inserting them properly and that they are angling in my ear wrong. I am rather confused???

UE TF10

Initial impressions, again there has been some changes:

Just started listening to the TF10s. Although i have an array of cables i have started with the stock.

So far bass is wow. For a BA the quantity is just astonishing and although the bass is not as detailed as my BA200s or DBA-02 it is not bad, especially for how much quantity is added. Extension really feels great and these rumble nicely.
Mids are as many have said before me recessed but still okay nonetheless. They do not feel veiled and just pushed back. They are smooth most of the time but vocals do not sound the best at times and lack energy and oomph. 
Treble lacks some zing but still sits well in front of the mids with the bass. There is sparkle but not at a fatiguing mark by a long way. Detail up top is very nice. 

Soundstage is just on it in my opinion and nice and wide, average height and a complimentary depth.

These are very brief impressions and everything is good apart from a want to wrench the mids forward but am expecting a cable to do that for me.

Fit has also been good so far. In fact a lot easier a seal than my BA200s.

May 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #21 of 202
Quote:
TDK BA200

I am now spending most my time listing too my TF10s and working on there review as i only have them for a limited time. As soon as their work is all finished then the TDKS are getting all my time for a while. That being said i have still of course been listening to them.

Here are my initial impression from when i got them, things have changed:

These are very nice i have found so far. The bass is amazing and the quantity is just right and the quality is well, awesome. I would say the bass quality wise is similar to the DBA-02s but there is a fair bit more bass quantity. Moving on too the mids i feel that they are nicely in line with the bass and are actually slightly more forward than the DBA mids. They are very smooth but do lack the details and transparency off the DBAs. That being said there is a whole layer of depth too the BA200s that the DBAs don't have leaving them feeling thin in comparison. The treble is again in line with the rest and sparkles at a moderate level with some good energy. That being said they are know where near that of the DBA which can be seen by some as fatiguing.  The details are there for sure but they are not as refined as the DBA-02s but by know means bad and still special even by BA regards. Soundstage is so far been awesome on these with better width and height to DBAs and far more depth but they do not quite have the airy separation of the DBAs.

Moving on too the rest the packaging was nice and you will see my not too good youtube unboxing posted on here shortly. I found a good fit and sound with small double flanges and have yet to try the complys. I do however think that it was weird not too get some single flanges but oh well. Rest of accessories were good and i guess you can say that you got enough.

Build does seem on the flimsy side with the flat cable and the weak strain reliefs. I feel unsure when taking them out of my ear and do not know where to hold them. Also inserting is not a smooth process and you have to really mess around too get a seal.

Seal Problems
I am actually thinking that i may be having seal problems. I do get a seal with the comply tips but do not think i am getting a good enough sound from them.
I am butting them in and feeling a lack of bass but if i say tip my head back or push them in a bit i get the tad extra quantity and extra extension that i need. I do not feel that perhaps i am not inserting them properly and that they are angling in my ear wrong. I am rather confused???

UE TF10

Initial impressions, again there has been some changes:

Just started listening to the TF10s. Although i have an array of cables i have started with the stock.

So far bass is wow. For a BA the quantity is just astonishing and although the bass is not as detailed as my BA200s or DBA-02 it is not bad, especially for how much quantity is added. Extension really feels great and these rumble nicely.
Mids are as many have said before me recessed but still okay nonetheless. They do not feel veiled and just pushed back. They are smooth most of the time but vocals do not sound the best at times and lack energy and oomph. 
Treble lacks some zing but still sits well in front of the mids with the bass. There is sparkle but not at a fatiguing mark by a long way. Detail up top is very nice. 

Soundstage is just on it in my opinion and nice and wide, average height and a complimentary depth.

These are very brief impressions and everything is good apart from a want to wrench the mids forward but am expecting a cable to do that for me.

Fit has also been good so far. In fact a lot easier a seal than my BA200s.

Nice comparison! I felt the TF10's highs to be better than the BA200 however. But anyway, how did you find the difference in clarity between all 3? 

May 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #23 of 202
Quote:
Nice comparison! I felt the TF10's highs to be better than the BA200 however. But anyway, how did you find the difference in clarity between all 3? 

Mmm, i never stated either way. I think for highs i may sway to BA200s over TF10s with stock cable but as soon as you stick it with the Silver Ray it edges ahead! Out of the three, clarity and transparency goes to the DBA-02 in my opinion.

EDIT: Just been doing some a/bing and the TF10s have highs all day long with any cable. The highs on TF10 are the second best i have ever heard to the DBA-02!
Quote:
The first few seconds of this video (even though it's about how to insert custom IEMs) can help you to learn how to insert them properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3miwGzbZ0c

Yeh thats how i normally do it, i just find these weird and different to usual. Maybe i am wrong and am getting the right amount of bass and i am just disillusioned.

I am going to have a go now with them!

Update-Check 1st Post
Due to some problems with another Head-Fier messing me around with a trade i have unfortunately had to remove the DBA-02 MKII of the coming soon list but don't worry, i have added the TF10 scores and also the two new earphones i have incoming which are the AudioFly AF78 and the RedGiant A03.

May 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #24 of 202
Quote:
Mmm, i never stated either way. I think for highs i may sway to BA200s over TF10s with stock cable but as soon as you stick it with the Silver Ray it edges ahead! Out of the three, clarity and transparency goes to the DBA-02 in my opinion.

EDIT: Just been doing some a/bing and the TF10s have highs all day long with any cable. The highs on TF10 are the second best i have ever heard to the DBA-02!
Yeh thats how i normally do it, i just find these weird and different to usual. Maybe i am wrong and am getting the right amount of bass and i am just disillusioned.

I am going to have a go now with them!

Update-Check 1st Post
Due to some problems with another Head-Fier messing me around with a trade i have unfortunately had to remove the DBA-02 MKII of the coming soon list but don't worry, i have added the TF10 scores and also the two new earphones i have incoming which are the AudioFly AF78 and the RedGiant A03.

I see, UE is always well known for their highs. Well, the DBA-02 is the brightest of the three, which usually helps in the edge of clarity and transparency. Only difference is dark IEMs like BA200 and TF10 are easier to listen for longer periods of time. Have you tried using the shure grey flex on the BA200? In my opinion they make it sound slightly brighter and highs better!

May 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #25 of 202
Thats a pretty fair statement, brighter IEMs do have the better transparency but the highs can get fatiguing, they are also not cut out for a lot more, "casual" listening as well. I won't say the TF10 highs are as good as DBA-02 still though just for the fact they are so fairways and sparkly, decay seems to be just right and every symbol is just a joy to be heard! I have already been reccomended Shure tips for them but they are some if the only tips I do not have. :frowning2: do you know any were I could get them cheap. I am currently using DBA-02 tips which gets awesome seal but a darker, smooth sig.

May 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #26 of 202
Quote:
Thats a pretty fair statement, brighter IEMs do have the better transparency but the highs can get fatiguing, they are also not cut out for a lot more, "casual" listening as well. I won't say the TF10 highs are as good as DBA-02 still though just for the fact they are so fairways and sparkly, decay seems to be just right and every symbol is just a joy to be heard! I have already been reccomended Shure tips for them but they are some if the only tips I do not have.
frown.gif
do you know any were I could get them cheap. I am currently using DBA-02 tips which gets awesome seal but a darker, smooth sig.

EBay is your friend :wink:

May 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #28 of 202
May 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #29 of 202
Aaah yeh, these are not even clones! For there price (still plenty of money) should I go ahead with this purchase. I guess they I'll be handy fi the future as well and may be nice on my DBAs as well!

May 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #30 of 202
Quote:
Aaah yeh, these are not even clones! For there price (still plenty of money) should I go ahead with this purchase. I guess they I'll be handy fi the future as well and may be nice on my DBAs as well!

Sure! For 5 pairs, they can last forever :wink:. I only got a pair, but I realized I needed another pair for my BA200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back