My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Mar 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #196 of 651
The more i listen to the ortofons the more i like there presentation,the clarity and clean clear sound is totaly different from the monster turbine gold with that pounding bass,which i like a lot,but it was too much on a couple of albums i played on them.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #197 of 651
That's what I thought I wouldn't like about the golds, and have read the bass can be bloated - the coppers are supposed to be a bit more .............................natural?

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #198 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I thought I wouldn't like about the golds, and have read the bass can be bloated - the coppers are supposed to be a bit more .............................natural?

Some music needs room to breath like the hell freezes over album by the eagles, this did not sound right through the golds inparticular the accustic set
I would not say the bass is bloated on the golds, just very powerfull and deep and inpactfull,but at the same time very detailed unlike the bass on the westone 3 which is just a an over powering bloated mass of bass and very dry sounding bass too,the w3 is still my most dissapointing iem, it promised so much yet delivered so little
popcorn.gif

should have the coppers tue or weds so will let you know how they compair in a few days

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #199 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some music needs room to breath like the hell freezes over album by the eagles, this did not sound right through the golds inparticular the accustic set
I would not say the bass is bloated on the golds, just very powerfull and deep and inpactfull,but at the same time very detailed unlike the bass on the westone 3 which is just a an over powering bloated mass of bass and very dry sounding bass too,the w3 is still my most dissapointing iem, it promised so much yet delivered so little
popcorn.gif

should have the coppers tue or weds so will let you know how they compair in a few days

Hi Lucozade, if you look through the MTPC thread, you'll see that there's a bit of a consensus there are better choices for eartips than the stock ones. The Phonak (PFE) grey silicon tips really bring out the sound of the coppers and I think they might be just the think for the MTPG to have a little more breathing room, extend the treble, and for the bass to be perfectly polite, yet punchy.
I found the stock eartips to slightly darken the sound and reduce what I guess is called transparency (so it sounds just a little removed). The phonak tips give a better sense of what the earphone can do. You might also buy the auvio tips, as mentioned in the MTPC thread, it's a different, open, bassy presentation that might be fun from time to time with the copper or even the gold.

Cheers, and enjoy the music.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #200 of 651
Quote:

To sum things up ,i would say these are a crystal clear window into the music, no frequency is over emphasized ,these are well balanced with a clean crystal clear and pure presentation
popcorn.gif
ksc75smile.gif

One of the best descriptions of the Ortofons I've come across, and a perfect explanation why they are my favorite IEMs. Congrats on your quest and may your wallet never fail to support this most impressive love affair!
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #202 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the best descriptions of the Ortofons I've come across, and a perfect explanation why they are my favorite IEMs. Congrats on your quest and may your wallet never fail to support this most impressive love affair!
wink.gif

@james444, thanks james, yes the ortofons are very impressive and unique in there presentation and there ability to faithfully reproduce every piece of music i frow at them flawlessly. I really am injoying these ,i have them in my ears right now,i think these will remain one of my favorate iems for a long time to come, they do every thing so well ,I recevied the monster turbine pro coppers in the post today and at this moment in time have no desire to take the ortofons out of my ears and try out the coppers
o2smile.gif
I gess the coppers can wait till tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #203 of 651
Quote:

@james444, thanks james, yes the ortofons are very impressive and unique in there presentation and there ability to faithfully reproduce every piece of music i frow at them flawlessly. I really am injoying these ,i have them in my ears right now,i think these will remain one of my favorate iems for a long time to come, they do every thing so well ,I recevied the monster turbine pro coppers in the post today and at this moment in time have no desire to take the ortofons out of my ears and try out the coppers
o2smile.gif
I gess the coppers can wait till tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

Ah, come on, have one in each ear
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #204 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoVarR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can select items on MTPG better than IE8, but what is worse?

Thank's.

@ PoVarR I dont think i can say which out of the mtpc or the ie8 is the better or worse iem, they are both have detailed mids and treble ,they just present the music in different ways .They are two completly different sounding phones in my opinon, the only real similarity is they both have big powerfull bass, but even in terms of the bass quality/ frequency/dexterity/resonance/warmth they are completly different; for instance: i think the ie8s bass covers a wider frequency but i feel the mtpg bass is much more detailed and better controlled with a deeper impact than the ie8s

the mtpg soundstage is fairly large but can not complete with the ie8 soundstage or the ie7s:normal for that matter.
normal_smile .gif

They both have there strengths and weakness ,it just really comes down to personal preference as to which one would be best for each person

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #205 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, come on, have one in each ear
biggrin.gif

@ daeo
He he , its better i think if i leave the coppers till the morning enyway so there is a few hrs in between for my ears to forget the sound of the ortofons , as i think the coppers will sound really bassy coming strait from the ortofons,
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #207 of 651
Just wanted to say I am looking very forward to reading your comparisons of the two Monster Turbine Pros. It looks like I will be wanting to try one of them in the not too distant future, and getting your opinion on the two will help greatly in my decision making process.

Mike

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #208 of 651
This is just my initall very basic thoughts on the coppers,so far im injoying them , i really have not had these in my ears long enough to give eny definite conclusions just yet only got about 5hrs on the coppers so far,and only about 25hrs on the golds so i believe both have quite a bit of burn in before they settle down to the final sound.

So far im not hearing that much of a significant difference between the coppers and the gold.

Both have good detailed treble and mids ,i can't really say that i think the coppers have eny added detail that the golds are not able to retrive.and they are no more sparkly than the golds.The monsters treble is done really quite nice ,iv not heard eny sibilance from either the coppers or the golds although that said they dont have the brightest sounding treble out of my iems.

I think the bass is where you will find the biggest difference between the two
Both have that same detailed bass,very dymanic and hard hitting, but i think the coppers have a bit less upper bass which lessons the impact of the bass when compared to the golds ,this has a nock on effect of giving the mids a bit more space to breath giving the coppers a bit more of a open spacous sound compaired to the golds.

Have included some pictures below of the coppers and the golds together so you can see the difference in colour between the two,the coppers are brighter looking than the golds.
Like i said these are just my very first impressions ,so take my comments with a pinch of salt, i will post a proper review on the coppers when ive become more familiar with there sound and i will also do some direct a/b listening to the same songs to see if i can get a more defined feeling for there differences
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #209 of 651
e-Q7 would've been just perfect if it had a bit more upper treble sparkle and a more even response from 2-7 kHz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back