My iem love affair so far,SM3,triple fi 10,ie7,ie8,se420,custom3, eq7,westone 3,monster pro copper / golds,se530,pioneer se-clx9
Mar 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #226 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I find interesting about the burn-in 'debate' is how everyone focuses on the BA vs Dynamic driver question. You guys forget that headphones are a system including the CABLES. Regardless of the drivers u need cable burn-in. If any1 says cable burn-in is imagined I highly doubt their knowledge and experience in anything related to sound. So yes IMO always burn in your phones, not just for the drivers!

Now back to the thread...

Have a nice day all!!
icon10.gif

I agree

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #227 of 651
For the last 2hrs listening time of yesturday and all of today ive been using my golds exclusivly ,and i must say im really very taken by them at the moment ,there sounding pretty dam gorgous to my ears at this moment in time .
tongue_smile.gif

Since ive had them the bass has tightened up alot ,its been tamed and thinned down a fair bit while the treble has extended to a point that im totally satisfied with,mean while the mids are just in the right spot for me as well.

Im giving them the classic tom jones treatment right now, and tom is sounding pretty narn good on them,ive even changed the tips to the small super tips to beef up the bass to a piont that im totally satified with.
atsmile.gif

Tomorrow im going to hit the coppers again and see if a nother days use will open them up some more although i think im going to always prefur the more v shaped sound sig of the golds to the more mid centric sounding coppers,the golds are a so much more fun sounding set in my opinon
bigsmile_face.gif

Im not really ready to do direct comparrisons between the two just yet as the golds have alot more hrs on them there is still some burning in to do on the coppers .

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #228 of 651
Its funny that i should find the golds to sound so good ,yet have found the coppers to be quite unstimulating thus far in comparison ,concidering the coppers are supposed to be the higher end model.Im hoping the coppers will improve with more burn in and differrent tips as recomended by fellow head fier's

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #229 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its funny that i should find the golds to sound so good ,yet have found the coppers to be quite unstimulating thus far in comparison ,concidering the coppers are supposed to be the higher end model.Im hoping the coppers will improve with more burn in and differrent tips as recomended by fellow head fier's

Yes, It's odd, that while the housings are the same, the copper is tougher to get just right. I wonder if part of the reason I like the MD better, is the housing difference and for me, an easier good placement/fit for optimal sound.
Do you have the new hybrids from monster?

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #232 of 651
Quote:

@ search ,where did you read that the monsters used differrent cable wiring? just curious

I didn't read it, my Gold and Copper wires are different, the Gold's are softer and the Copper more springy. They even look a little different. Albeit barely.

The New hybrids, may help you, email the head monster after registering and ask...

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #233 of 651
The golds really handle the big sound of the orchestral backing on my classic tom jones recordings with great conviction .the timbre of the various instrements all sound so distinct and just so right tomy ears, and seperation and placement of the instrements is also done very well,electric guitars also have a very nice tone ,and the bass dose not intrude into the mids or highs in eny way,and unlike the ie8 ,theres no mid bass hump or colouration of the vocals.

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #234 of 651
^^^ are we in ageement that the wires differ? And give the coppers time, I can't really add anything other than the MD...are the winner for my ears. I won't be surprised if some take to the gold more than the copper...always nice to see what people prefer.

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #235 of 651
could be the golds cable is a bit more gray in colour than the coppers, its hard to tell ,i have them horrible energy efficent light bulbs that are not the brightest in the world to see in at this time of night, its midnight here.:)

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #237 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem @ lucozade, for mine it's more they feel different than looks..
Thanks for replying
smily_headphones1.gif

So what are these new monster foam super tips like and do they affect the sound in a possitive way?
normal_smile .gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #238 of 651
Well, not for me, thay are a bit small for my ears, they are a foam inside, covered by silicone, thay have a core that goes through the entire langth, and surrounds part of the front, making tham lees likely to squash the treble. Like I said, they are just a bit too small to stay put in my ears. So I can't comment all that much, but some love them. It was supposed to ship with the MD set, but from what I gather, that's not been the case. They are a unique tip though. How large are your canals lucozade? I might be able to better suggest after I know that... Let's go through the pm route, I don't want to derail the thread, but would like to help you achieve the best fit possible. Any senn tip, will fit the pro's nicely btw.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #239 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, not for me, thay are a bit small for my ears, they are a foam inside, covered by silicone, thay have a core that goes through the entire langth, and surrounds part of the front, making tham lees likely to squash the treble. Like I said, they are just a bit too small to stay put in my ears. So I can't comment all that much, but some love them. It was supposed to ship with the MD set, but from what I gather, that's not been the case. They are a unique tip though. How large are your canals lucozade? I might be able to better suggest after I know that... Let's go through the pm route, I don't want to derail the thread, but would like to help you achieve the best fit possible. Any senn tip, will fit the pro's nicely btw.

@ search ,you asked how large my ear channels are, well i can pretty much fit most tips i have into my ears, on the golds im now using the small silicon super tips, i find these fill my channels up compleatly while the large silicon super tips will not go into my cannels at all, so hope that gives you some idea of size,so if the foam super tips are the same size as the small silicon tips that would be perfect.

Im having much better results from the coppers today, arfter another 20 hrs of music pumping through them and im finding im liking the large senn double flange tips on them.The treble really seems much more prominant on them today.(which is kind of strange, the double flange has always increased the bass while at the same time dampening the treble on the ie 7 & 8 I now find myself able to injoy the coppers as much as i do the golds, The coppers are sounding much more like the discriptions ive read on here .
normal_smile .gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #240 of 651
Quote:

@ search ,you asked how large my ear channels are, well i can pretty much fit most tips i have into my ears, on the golds im now using the small silicon super tips, i find these fill my channels up compleatly while the large silicon super tips will not go into my cannels at all, so hope that gives you some idea of size,so if the foam super tips are the same size as the small silicon tips that would be perfect.

Im having much better results from the coppers today, arfter another 20 hrs of music pumping through them and im finding im liking the large senn double flange tips on them.The treble really seems much more prominant on them today.(which is kind of strange, the double flange has always increased the bass while at the same time dampening the treble on the ie 7 & 8 I now find myself able to injoy the coppers as much as i do the golds, The coppers are sounding much more like the discriptions ive read on here .
normal_smile .gif

Let's us know when you've played around a bit with different tips for the MTPCs. I'd like to know which one ends up being the best after you've had a couple of weeks of listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back