my attempt to purchase a source fell through...
Oct 20, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I think you need a bunk bed with only an upper bunk. A bed on stilts, as it were.

yeah, um, that's what we've got.
smily_headphones1.gif
On either side of the room. So we have the entire floor open for stuff. But my side is pretty much full.

rick, don't worry, it won't hit the floor. for one thing, most of the player's weight will be on the window sill. second, it'll be overhanging my desk, which is only about two or three inches below the window sill, so it can't fall. I'll have something undrneath the player to make it even with the window sill too.

Oct 20, 2002 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
rick, don't worry, it won't hit the floor. for one thing, most of the player's weight will be on the window sill. second, it'll be overhanging my desk, which is only about two or three inches below the window sill, so it can't fall. I'll have something undrneath the player to make it even with the window sill too.

Are you sure you want to put it there? I think it would be safer even on the floor, under the desk for example. I wouldn't like to find out it fell off or you forgot to put it back in for the nigth and got rained. I was in collegue also, and believe me I did a lot of stupid things back then (I still do, so God help me). Also, maybe you can put it on one of those shelves you just nail to the wall.

But, definetely, don't think about putting it on your chair and then sit on it. Your butt could fall sleep. Buena suerte Pablo and enjoy collegue.

Oct 20, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #18 of 60
Ahh, the fun of organizing a dorm room with your headphone system
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going through the same problem. Kelly made fun of me enough to encourage my purcahse of a Sony NS500V, so I'm going to have to find a place to stick it. I think it's just going to take over my desk. Who needs to study, anyways?

Actually, I'm going to try to build some shelves or something. We'll see how creative I can get. May just stack my big rubbermaid storage units and put it on top
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Are you sure you want to put it there? I think it would be safer even on the floor, under the desk for example. I wouldn't like to find out it fell off or you forgot to put it back in for the nigth and got rained.

oh, I see what you guys are talking about! No, I'm not putting it outside. In my room there's a long shelf running the length of the window (inside the room!) and I just called that the window sill. What, do you guys really think I'm crazy???
eek.gif
wink.gif

Maybe I'll get the chance to post some pictures of it, then everything will be clear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 8:35 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
Get an LCD display for your computer.

smily_headphones1.gif

ok, I'll put that in the "if I had lots of money to spend" pile...
tongue.gif

(actually, even if I could afford an LCD display I would still put it to the side of my desk, because I need all the space I can get when I'm doing HW.)
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
uh.....yeah
rolleyes.gif

[size=large]BRING IT ON, RICKMEISTER!!![/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #23 of 60
well you know chas ,if you described your situation in a clearly understood manner maybe we ALL would have had some friggin idea what the hell you were trying to accomplish dammit !

How's that man ?

And remember ,I can find yer house with ease so think about it , don't make me come over there and.............

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 60
Your new cdp... a chair... the ceiling... superglue... you know what to do.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
And remember ,I can find yer house with ease so think about it , don't make me come over there and.............

yew don't 'ave the cobbles!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

and onix, not you too! Everyone's against me on this board! waaaa...

dhwilkin: I'm afraid I didn't quite follow that one...?

Oct 21, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #27 of 60
1. Put lots of superglue on top of new cdp
2. Hold cdp by sides
3. Stand on chair
4. Firmly press cdp against ceiling, until superglue dries
5. Save space and enjoy music!

Sure, the ergonomics might not be ideal, but it'll never get stolen and you'll save so much space!
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #30 of 60
Put it on the desk then do homework and eat on the bed. That's what I did.
tongue.gif

Opps, don't tell me you don't have a laptop.

Ok, forget it.

Hey, how about to put it under your bed???

hmm.. then you need a pair of long interconnect cables now...

ohh..
put your amp under the bed too.

It seems stupid.
But at least it works.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back