my attempt to purchase a source fell through...
Oct 19, 2002 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Neruda

Banned Moderator
...so I decided to buy something different: a Sony SCD-CE775ES. Gor it from Musician's Friend for $170. Should arrive sometime next week. I was originally going to buy an extremely small cd player, but this Sony is a monster: 17" x 15". That's pretty big when you're living in a dorm room! I think it'll fit on top of my mini-fridge, but I'll have to find a way to place my computer monitor on top without it being crushed...

Anyway, I'll be sure to post some thoughts on this player when I get it.

Oct 19, 2002 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 60
Fantastic, Neruda! I'm proud for you and I bet you're gonna love it!

240883.jpg

cool.gif

Oct 19, 2002 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
I think it'll fit on top of my mini-fridge

Neruda, you might want to find a different spot -- those mini fridges tend to vibrate like crazy
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2002 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 60
Neruda, I got my SCD-CE775 (it's not an ES product) from Musican's Friend over a week ago and am also using it in my dorm room. It's pretty big, but I made it fit. Actually, it forced me to organize everything better than I had it. ...

I don't know if I should actually believe in burn-in now or what, but I could swear that it sounded much better after I let it run for a few days. Could have just been my mood, dunno. Anyway, I like it -- I'm using its headphone jack right now, but I should have a headamp to pair it with shortly.

I'll try to get around to posting some coherent thoughts on the player, too. Midterms are finally over, so now I have nothing to do.

kerely

Oct 19, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Neruda, you might want to find a different spot -- those mini fridges tend to vibrate like crazy
biggrin.gif

well mac, why don't you pay me a visit and tell me where else I can put it!
wink.gif

I suppose if worst comes to worst I can simply put it on my desk, but I'm positive it will take up too much space. Oh well, I'll make things work.

Oct 19, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

I suppose if worst comes to worst I can simply put it on my desk, but I'm positive it will take up too much space. Oh well, I'll make things work.

Priorities man, priorities!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 60
Good question, man. I have mine on my desk -- had to throw all my papers and notebooks and crap on a shelf. I think my desk lamp is going to have to kick it when my DI/O and amp arrive. But hey.

kerely

Oct 20, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 60
hey Neruda , maybe I can come over and tell you where to stick it
wink.gif

**edit***

JEEZ ! That don't "sound" too good upon reading it
eek.gif

I don't mean LITERALLY come over , it was a JOKE man ,REALLY DAMMIT !

And don't start man.
mad.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #10 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
well mac, why don't you pay me a visit and tell me where else I can put it!
wink.gif

Hmm, I guess its time to invest in/build a table for your headphones, eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #11 of 60
I recommend you put it on your chair and sit on it.

the weight will have a dampening effect, reducing jitter and improving the sonic performance of the SCD-CE775ES.

Oct 20, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #12 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Hmm, I guess its time to invest in/build a table for your headphones, eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif

no room for a table either! If I had room I'd buy some shelves to put this crap on, but I can't. We have loftable beds in our room, so my bed's off the floor, and underneat it I have my refrigerator, computer, the rug that I sit on when I play tabla, and then space for my drum bags and stuff. That takes up all the epace I have!
frown.gif

I think what I'll do is go to the craft center here and build myself a small four-panel box to put my cdp inside, and then put my monitor on top. that'd work.

Toaster: well if that were the case, then I could just put it underneath my monitor and be done with it!
biggrin.gif
But unfortunately it's not solid enough to handle it.

Rick: LOL! Don't try and back out of it now!
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #13 of 60
you know what? Right now I'm thinking that maybe I can just put it on my window sill. It'll extend past the edge and take up a bit of my desk space, but only maybe 4 or 5 inches. yeah, that'll work...

Oct 20, 2002 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 60
jeez chas ,that is looking for trouble dude.
you are going to be seriously pissed off when it hits the floor.
frown.gif

BUT FEAR NOT YOUNG MAN !

RICK TO THE RESCUE !
biggrin.gif

you know those cat perches that attach to the window sill ........?

Oct 20, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #15 of 60
I think you need a bunk bed with only an upper bunk. A bed on stilts, as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back