Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #196 of 357
Hey dick! If you wanna try getting into more hi res music try Tidal. I was skeptical at first, but with a free month membership I gave it a shot and I actually kind of like it. The library isnt as big as Spotify's, but its getting bigger all the time. Its a good way to immediately expand the number of flacs you have access too. There are some issues with the player and playlists are crappy atm, but for something that started up not too long ago I think they are doing ok. Just something to think about.

May 19, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #197 of 357
x2 on Tidal, really enjoying the sonics. Not a big JZ fan, hopefully he stays out of the way and puts the money in to upgrade their servers.

May 20, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #199 of 357
x2 on Tidal, really enjoying the sonics. Not a big JZ fan, hopefully he stays out of the way and puts the money in to upgrade their servers.

I always seem to think of JZ as a business man first, and a musician second at this stage of his life, which should be a good thing for Tidal imo. If Tidal hopes to compete with Spotify in the majority of households, they are gonna have to get better. For audiophiles though, I think the content is worth the price of admission, and the good news is that it will only get better from here.

May 21, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #201 of 357
I would be up for a mini meet sometime during the summer as well. Summer is much easier for many of us to get away for a day.

Let us know, I'll keep checking this thread.

If I've got the money I'd definitely stop in for a mini-meet. I actually enjoy the fellowship and such as much as I do testing a large number of cans.

May 21, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #202 of 357
  I would be up for a mini meet sometime during the summer as well. Summer is much easier for many of us to get away for a day.

Let us know, I'll keep checking this thread.

Count me in. I had a good time wish I could have stayed longer.

May 24, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #203 of 357
  Count me in. I had a good time wish I could have stayed longer.

i wish I could commit, but as a professional procrastinator for school, I always count on the fact I will only do school projects and papers 2-3 days ahead of time. Whether I can come or not (IF you even do a mini meet) will highly depend on how much school work I have over that particular weekend. I would LOVE to show off this TH 900/ Burson Conductor SL combo though XD XD

May 24, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #204 of 357
So, I mentioned earlier that I was getting a loaner on the Project Ember.

If you're searching for an amp in the $300 bracket, then this should be given serious consideration.  Nice, clean, power.  The stock tube sounds great, but you can tube roll very easily if that's your thing.

The customization features are outstanding...it can drive nearly any headphone efficiently.  There are 3 impedance settings and high/lo gain.  Shoot, you can even change the color/brightness of the led that makes the tube glow.  Or turn it off entirely.  

With low impedance and high gain, it really grabs the HE-500 by the balls and makes them sing.  I don't have to go past 9 on the volume all too often.  Sounds great on low gain as well.

Before I pack it up, I'll give it a shot with my DT1350s to see how it handles something far easier to drive.  

May 24, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #205 of 357
  So, I mentioned earlier that I was getting a loaner on the Project Ember.

If you're searching for an amp in the $300 bracket, then this should be given serious consideration.  Nice, clean, power.  The stock tube sounds great, but you can tube roll very easily if that's your thing.

The customization features are outstanding...it can drive nearly any headphone efficiently.  There are 3 impedance settings and high/lo gain.  Shoot, you can even change the color/brightness of the led that makes the tube glow.  Or turn it off entirely.  

With low impedance and high gain, it really grabs the HE-500 by the balls and makes them sing.  I don't have to go past 9 on the volume all too often.  Sounds great on low gain as well.

Before I pack it up, I'll give it a shot with my DT1350s to see how it handles something far easier to drive.  

nice, thanks for the info, i've come close to getting one of these myself a couple of times

May 29, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #206 of 357
Wow, guys. Just wow. 

I don't know who did this, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and how much it just made my day. 

Just to set the scene a little, and let everybody else know how great you guys really are: I work at a pretty intense company in the retail channel, and my store is supposed to have one general manager and three assistant managers, which allows me to focus on the part of the business for which I'm responsible. However, for a number of reasons, we just went down to having the general manager and myself to run the store... period. Not only that, but my counterpart in another store in the district left, so I'm now in charge of that location as well until that position gets filled. So it would be safe to say that my days have been very long, very busy, and often very stressful. (I do work with a great bunch of people, though, and I have a A+++ boss, so that helps out tremendously). 

I had a (somewhat contentious) meeting that started at 8am yesterday, and I didn't end up leaving my store until almost 10pm, so it was a pretty long day. I was talking to my buddy on the phone as I was driving home about driving down tomorrow after work (he lives in Spring Hill, ironically) to help him run cable for his new HT setup when I stopped to pick up my mail on my way back to my apartment. I had a package waiting for me, which was awesome-- I had preordered 3 albums in the previous two months, and two of them should be coming in any day now, and this should be one of the two-- a very welcome treat, even if I wouldn't be able to listen to it that night, as I had to be at work the next morning. 

I'm still talking with my friend Josh as I get into the apartment and start to unload all my stuff. Being perpetually 11 years old and always excited about getting new music, I opened up the package I got, and was immediately confused: it was a gorgeous pair of headphones, and I didn't immediately recall when I had ordered them. (As a scatterbrained audio nut, I do occasionally order stuff-- usually music, although sometimes gear too-- that I forget about, so this is not that farfetched). I then saw the message written on the inside of the box: 

I just stopped talking mid-sentence. As a guy who (almost compulsively) verbalizes constantly, I am not often without words-- but I was here. Josh asked me what was wrong, and after a moment, I told him that nothing was wrong, and told him what I was looking at, and what it meant. I knew I had to get to bed, but I wanted to listen to them for just a second at least, so I hooked them into the Yulong amp that Mbritt was kind enough to let me check out, and man... They sounded great!!! I tried to hop on HF to throw a quick 'Thank you!!' on there, but my desktop is out for repairs, and my tablet occasionally takes the night off, and last night was one of those nights, so I had to pack it in until I got off work today. 

Every so often, it's just really, really great to have your sense of camaraderie and general goodness reaffirmed, and that's what that moment was for me. I'm often not great at receiving nice things from others, but I hope that I have given you guys at least some sense of how truly, deeply appreciative I am of the kindness of this gesture. From the bottom of my heart, I want to tell all of you THANK YOU, and let you know how much this meant to me. 

You guys just rock... I don't know what else to say. 

Here's to you, guys. 

beerchug.gif

-Burnley

May 29, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #207 of 357
you know, we all think karma is a bitch, but karma can be your friend
today, karma appears to have been friendly to you burnley .

now get to work on the next meet, i missed the last one !! rest is for the weak  
wink_face.gif

May 30, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #208 of 357
Well that is a really nice thing to do, whoever did it (next time, let me in on the secret so I can participate!).

May 30, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #209 of 357
Wow those sure are pretty Headphones Burnley congrats!!! You must be living right Bro
L3000.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back